• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bumhead

Banned
You need to use a scalpel to cut the connections to the heart. There are four of them. You know you got them all when it stops beating.

PROTIP - THE GREEN SYRINGE WILL STOP BLEEDING!!!!!! INJECT INTO THE FACE BECASUE IT IS FUNNY THAT WAY.

Go for the shaded areas at the top and bottom with a scalpel. Edit: Green needle stops blood flow

Thanks guys.

Haha, wow, turns out there's more to this game than meets the eye. I've just been smashing him in with the hammer and throwing his lungs across the room.

I think the answer is probably yes, but do you think Left 4 Dead 2 will be on sale again at any point?

Marketplace restrictions are preventing me from purchasing it as a gift until they expire on Friday, and I'd like to pick up a four pack for a few friends.

You guys finally made me install MotionJoy and actually get it working. Now I can play with my controller! Off to Big Screen mode on steam to test it out!

We should have told you to install the other PS3 to Xbox gamepad emulator.

At least try to find the offline version of motion joy.

Salsa

fuck evoland

iH0FeMAGaR5aH.PNG

masterkajo

You guys finally made me install MotionJoy and actually get it working. Now I can play with my controller! Off to Big Screen mode on steam to test it out!

You might want to check out BetterDS3. It is an offline version of MotionInJoy utilising MIJ's drivers. You can just use it instead of starting MIJ and thus prevent the bad Chinese ads. It has a better GUI and a nice feature of assigning a master profile. This basically allows you to turn on the DS3 controller and automatically turn it into a Xbox 360 controller without the need to use the mouse and click a button to emulate like in MIJ. Hurah comfy couch PC gaming.

Does the standard edition of L.A Noire support DX11, or was the complete edition the only one updated with that capability?

I think the answer is probably yes, but do you think Left 4 Dead 2 will be on sale again at any point?

Marketplace restrictions are preventing me from purchasing it as a gift until they expire on Friday, and I'd like to pick up a four pack for a few friends.

The answer is definitely. I'm pretty sure it's already been on sale at least twice, if not three times over the past few days. It's constantly on sale.

Fracas

#fuckonami

Check your PMs, I might be able to assist.

Nabs

Head over to the Dark Souls Nexus and download a PS3 button pack to complete the experience. You just have to enable texture override in DSfix and drop the files into the correct folder.

I just sent the latest Enhanced Steam code to Google for the Chrome version, so Chrome users should be getting the update soon. (v3.9.7) Here is the changelog:

• Fixes bug with market page not highlighting beyond the first
  • Fixes bug with bundle pages not highlighting if game price is "Free" or blank
  • Fixes a bug where tags were overlapping prices in some instances
  • Fixes a bug where discount percentages were not displaying correctly on wishlists
  • Adds a link to a games dedicated DLC page from that game's app page
  • Adds highlighting to a game's DLC page

I'm really liking this DLC stuff.

FYC

Banned
Oh hell yes Red Orchestra 2 cards. Gonna sell 'em, but I love that game. Might try Ace of Spades again since it's probably not completely dead anymore thanks to the sale.

Is anyone else having trouble accessing the screenshots tab in your profile?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Does the standard edition of L.A Noire support DX11, or was the complete edition the only one updated with that capability?
Eh? I'm pretty sure the complete edition just adds more missions and those suits. I have the complete edition but in my games list it just says L.A. Noire and then "DLC Bundle" in the DLC list.

Mugatu

Oh hell yes Red Orchestra 2 cards. Gonna sell 'em, but I love that game. Might try Ace of Spades again since it's probably not completely dead anymore thanks to the sale.

Is anyone else having trouble accessing the screenshots tab in your profile?

Just checked and yes. The page loads but none of the pictures do.

Mordeccai

Too poor to buy Gunpoint

Too tired to make food. Hump days always suck.

Gotta hope the game comes back around for another sale once I get money on Friday :/ Damn you steam!

Sullichin

You might want to check out BetterDS3. It is an offline version of MotionInJoy utilising MIJ's drivers. You can just use it instead of starting MIJ and thus prevent the bad Chinese ads. It has a better GUI and a nice feature of assigning a master profile. This basically allows you to turn on the DS3 controller and automatically turn it into a Xbox 360 controller without the need to use the mouse and click a button to emulate like in MIJ. Hurah comfy couch PC gaming.
First I've heard about BetterDS3. I'll try that out when I get home, thanks. MIJ works but having to launch that shitty ad supported app every time is just.. shitty.

Alien8

I don't know if it has been said before in one of the thousand post before this.

Not directly steam sale related, but here we go...

As you probably know, brasilian site nuuvem often has good steam offers. Until now, there haven't been any problem with buying games from outside Brazil (I'm in Europe) via paypal. Now, the site requires a physical address and telephone number to proceed with the checkout. It's something like the way to buy digital games on Amazon from outside US.

I entered the address of my
former
company in Sao Paulo and finally I could buy the game witout problems.

hint: Trackmania 2 stadium is currently 15R$ (~5€ or 6,75USD), cheaper than in steam.

Eh? I'm pretty sure the complete edition just adds more missions and those suits. I have the complete edition but in my games list it just says L.A. Noire and then "DLC Bundle" in the DLC list.

I know it was an odd question, just asking because I read an article a while back saying that the complete edition specifically had been given an update allowing for DX11 support. Doesn't make sense for the standard to not also have it, but it seemed odd that the article referenced the complete edition specifically.

Strongly tempted by Tropico 4 - the edition with all the DLC, to be precise.

Any opinions on this game?

I love it. Really well balanced, even with DLC and it's brilliant in that although you need a definite strategic gameplan and skills to succeed, you can never do anything to destroy your map to point of no return (unless it's one of the special do x before y type missions).

You can literally just click, play and experiment whilst working towards a bigger goal with a slight steer from the objectives.

Total time sink.

masterkajo

First I've heard about BetterDS3. I'll try that out when I get home, thanks. MIJ works but having to launch that shitty ad supported app every time is just.. shitty.

I am glad I could help you out. Here is the website I downloaded it from http://betterds3.ciebiera.net/

Remember that you should not uninstall MIJ since BetterDS3 will use it's drivers. (Maybe you could uninstall it but somehow keep the drivers. I am no expert there.) But at least you won't need to launch it. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me. I am trying to assist the best I can.

I have Steam and BetterDS3 on autostart with windows so all I need to do is turn on the DS3 and hold the guide button to start BPM.

EDIT:
This is what you need(not that malware called MotionJoy):

Controller Install

Sounds nice. But since I already had MIJ installed and am now using BetterDS3 I will keep that. Plus I have all the benefits of using the DS3 as a mouse and keyboard or any other thing without the need for an additional program. I have actually assigned a mouse profile as a master profile so I can use my controller to navigate my PC for watching videos on the TV. When I want to play a game I simple switch to the Xbox 360 controller profile and hold guide to bring up BPM.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm really liking this DLC stuff.

Thanks! DLC categorization is coming to that page in a future update.

Finally a way to see which DLCs for a particular game are worthwhile, all in one place. (Magic 2013 and Sleeping Dogs, I'm looking at you!)

Its like a metagame. Gotta optimize the games you wanna buy at the right times, or you get screwed out of another haha. Shouldn't have double dipped on SS2, then I would have had the funds in my wallet!
Haha exactly! I've still got some time to mull it over, but System Shock 2 and Gunpoint might be where I draw the line. I haven't gotten those yet and I may not. I think I got carried away in last year's sale, but I can't afford to let it happen again this time. Curse my sense of fiscal responsibility! ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom