• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

cicero

EichBHO.png

Why? Why even do that?
I sure hope you bought and flipped that.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Awesome valve gives shit games like ace of spades a daily but not LA maulana, any chance for a future weekend or daily sale?

We're always fighting for one. Hopefully in a future sale.

Can you share some feedback on how deals are selected to be featured on Steam? Do devs approach Valve or does Valde decide which ones to take on?

Don't think I can, actually. Sorry.

Enco

Awesome valve gives shit games like ace of spades a daily but not LA maulana, any chance for a future weekend or daily sale?

Or very few care about

True and true.

Valve needs to fucking sort it. Sales are shit now. Have been for a while. With so many games why on earth do they repeat the same things over and over and over again?

They can easily make every sale different to the last. So annoying.

Dr.Acula

Banned
True and true.

Valve needs to fucking sort it. Sales are shit now. Have been for a while. With so many games why on earth do they repeat the same things over and over and over again?

They're shit b/c I bought everything already. I can't think of another AAA game I really need.

Well this is interesting... Log into TF2 for the first time in... I dunno... 3 or 4 years? Find over 60 TF2 items sitting there.

Go into inventory, sell everything, SALE DAY FUNDED!!

Tnetennba

Picked up Gunpoint earlier. That was one of the 3 things I was hoping for a flash/daily on, so it was lovely to see. Now just hoping for some Rogue Legacy, though I'll probably pick it up even if it doesn't get a deeper discount.

Played a bit of The Swapper yesterday. That thing's wonderful. Not too far yet but from what I've seen so far it just oozes atmosphere, and the puzzles are challenging enough without being frustrating. If by chance it pops up again I really recommend it to anyone that missed it the first time.

La-Mulana won't go below 50%. Trust me. We'd love to do a crazy sale, but Valve wasn't interested.

And with that in mind I guess I'm about to grab La-Mulana!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Is "x" game worth it?
DmC 3 port sucks, DmC sucks
Is "x" going cheaper?
Card prices suck

+ Enhanced Steam updates with lots of bug fixes (Chrome)

LuuKyK

Does anyone know the name of this game, I really cant remember now. It was free during a random weekend earlier this year (I think - or maybe later last year)... It takes place at a forest at least the first stage, and then there is a portal where people come from, and the gameplay is your unit moving through "tiles", and each one of these is a battle that you have to place "monsters" to destroy the enemy units. I remember you start going up a giant tree in this stage.

Cth

thanks, wow the price for all the badges is crazy

how was it at the beginning? i want to hear some stories about the golden age

Before cards were widespread you could get an indy game that had cards and sell each card for at least $3.00.

To get a cheap set, you'd have to get TF2 cards which were about 40-50 cents each.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Before cards were widespread you could get an indy game that had cards and sell each card for at least $3.00.

To get a cheap set, you'd have to get TF2 cards which were about 40-50 cents each.

Word. I bought Gun Monkeys on sale for $8.99 and sold the cards for over $10.

Those were the good ol' days.

Enco

They're shit b/c I bought everything already. I can't think of another AAA game I really need.

That's definitely a huge part of it but you can't deny Valve is making shitty picks. With so many games available why limit the sale to a handful of stuff.

Socreges

Banned
The game I've been waiting for months to be heavily discounted, Company of Heroes, has not made an appearance. So strange.

You're supposed to be able to run by then.
Well that was after about 15 minutes, and I still wasn't able to run.

I'd sooner guess you're misremembering. I prefer that explanation over the sprint option somehow being broken. :p

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

The best was when booster packs went out in mass and people were selling them for cheaper than 3 individual cards.

Cth

Word. I bought Gun Monkeys on sale for $8.99 and sold the cards for over $10.

Those were the good ol' days.

I won Gun Monkeys, tried a game, started kicking some higher level's butt and he rage quit.

I uninstalled, sold the cards and bought something else with the money..

Monster Loves You paid for itself from what I remember as well.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Bought Dark Souls even though I don't have a controller, will see how that goes :U

!

*checks Steam*

*Sees it on sale for -75% again*

:eek:! :O! :D! :D:O:D:O:D:O:D:O:D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*buys it*

Now I just need to build a PC... >_>

Nabs

This used to be awesome. I ended up funding my indie habit with the card market. Now it's just not worth it, so I just trade with bots and craft badges.

Omega

Banned
I just want Ys to go back on sale or Rogue Legacy

of course the game I want is on sale when I'm sleeping and is the only game to not get repeated

Cth

It really makes you wonder if Valve will try to introduce a 2nd edition set to make the 1st edition "rare".

jshackles

It really makes you wonder if Valve will try to introduce a 2nd edition set to make the 1st edition "rare".

This is most definitely the plan. "Series" they call them.

cicero

True and true.

I would really like to see more lesser known but high quality indie titles promoted during sales. Maybe even have a specific indie section in the 8 hour flash sales.

chugen

maybe they will open some SteamStore or Stream, and they will sell real cards and with occulus they will add VR and then we will have giant tournament all over the world and the winner will play half life 3.

Enco

I would really like to see more lesser known but high quality indie titles promoted during sales. Maybe even have a specific indie section in the 8 hour flash sales.
Sorry bro gotta put L4D2 on sale for the 20th time.

It has cards tho so it's ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom