• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
*picks up flower, starts plucking pedals*
Buy Gunpoint
Buy Gunpoint with the developer commentary
Buy Gunpoint
Buy Gunpoint with the developer commentary
Buy Gunpoint
Buy Gunpoint with the developer commentary...

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
bah, got home, and now noticed they fixed the potential sale for Strike Suit Zero, to a better 85%. I didn't vote for it, because I assumed it was some kind of Valve Troll. Now I hope Strike Suit Zero wins :(

Where are you seeing that at? Its only GTA 4 + LS, or GTA3, VC, SA.

j0IlPuvbvIL2g.jpg

Tucah

you speak so well
The Walking Dead on sale contains all the content right? Just want to check before I pick it up.

It doesn't include the recently released 400 Days DLC but the game on sale is a complete story, the DLC doesn't have much to do with the main game.

Crayons

Banned
My pick ups:

Bionic Commando
Bionic Commando: Rearmed
Euro Truck Simulator 2
Forge
Risen
Sang-Froid - Tales of Werewolves
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing
RAGE The Scorchers DLC
The Walking Dead: 400 Days
Gunpoint
Unreal Tournament 2004
RPG Maker VX Ace
Monaco (gifted)
Castle Crashers Pink Knight
Castle Crashers Blacksmith
Dust: An Elysian Tail
Reus
The Swapper
System Shock 2
Universe Sandbox
Rock of Ages (gifted)
Dynamite Jack (modbot)
Cart Life (gifted)
Tomb Raider 4
Tomb Raider 5
Tomb Raider 2
Tomb Raider 1
Tomb Raider 3
Ys I and II Chronicles
The Maw (modbot)
Bully: Scholarship Edition
Clive Barker's Jericho
Super House of Dead Ninjas
Far Cry 3 - Blood Dragon
Surgeon Simulator
FEZ
Magical Drop V
Aztaka
Don't Starve
Antichamber

I didn't realize I bought this many games.

Oh hey, so dumb question: when I got home today and clicked on the Store tab on my already-open Steam client, it asked me to log in. I thought that was a little weird. Then I noticed I got an email about a Steam Guard access request I didn't remember making, and that seemed a little weirder so I changed my password as the email suggested. Now I'm trying to checkout and all my credit card info has disappeared.

I can't tell if it's Steam being overly zealous (which I wouldn't mind at all!), someone trying to get into my account (which I would mind very much!) or cosmic rays (which meh). Has this happened to anyone else before? I can't remember being logged out of my desktop client in this way in, like, ever.

Salaadin

Holy shit, Gunpoint is hilarious.
*punches guard*
It only takes one punch to knock him out
*keeps punching*
Ok, you can stop now
*keeps punching*
Theres no achievement for this
*keeps punching*
*achievement unlocked*
What? Are you doing this just to see if there are more messages?
*keeps punching*
Thats not a very good reason to punch someone 113+ times.

My pick ups:

Gunpoint
Unreal Tournament 2004
RPG Maker VX Ace
Monaco (gifted)
Castle Crashers Pink Knight
Castle Crashers Blacksmith
Dust: An Elysian Tail
Reus
The Swapper
System Shock 2
Universe Sandbox
Rock of Ages (gifted)
Dynamite Jack (modbot)
Cart Life (gifted)
Tomb Raider 4
Tomb Raider 5
Tomb Raider 2
Tomb Raider 1
Tomb Raider 3
Ys I and II Chronicles
The Maw (modbot)
Bully: Scholarship Edition
Clive Barker's Jericho
Super House of Dead Ninjas
Far Cry 3 - Blood Dragon
Surgeon Simulator
FEZ
Magical Drop V
Aztaka
Don't Starve
Antichamber

I didn't realize I bought this many games.

How is unreal ; )

maneil99

What exactly does EFLC add SP free roam wise? Also what about MP, I have GTA4, is the MP is EFLC as populated? What does it have that GTA 4 MP does not.

Regarding Fable 3, how is the open world nature compared to fable 2?

Help me, Gaf : Strike Suit Infinity

Or

Strike Suit Zero ?

Which one represents the quintessential Strike Suit experience ?

Strike Suit Zero is the original game and features a full single-player campaign. Strike Suit Infinity come out afterwards and is a score-attack challenge version of Zero. I'd argue the first game offers the quintessential experience but I haven't actually played Infinity so it's hard for me to say.

Also, wait two hours to see if it becomes the community pick! You'll get an extra 10% off if it does.

jediyoshi

I can't tell if it's Steam being overly zealous (which I wouldn't mind at all!), someone trying to get into my account (which I would mind very much!) or cosmic rays (which meh). Has this happened to anyone else before? I can't remember being logged out of my desktop client in this way in, like, ever.

Sounds like a disconnect bug. If someone logged into Steam with your account details while you were signed in, it would explicitly leave a message saying that and then revert Steam back into the sign in screen.

The Steam Guard codes get sent if you try signing into your account on a different machine or a browser you hadn't signed in with in a while or ever.

maneil99

Unreal Tournament 2004 cards are going for around $0.25, fuck yeah in today's market that's a fortune!

I have it but I cannot sell the cards because I am market ristricted until the 22nd the day the sale ends :( Will card value plummet after the sale or rise? )

Bobshe

Neo Member
Star Wolves
The Binding of Isaac
Fez
Anno 2070
Faster Than Light
Under the Ocean
Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate
Trine 2 Complete Story
Terraria
Dues Ex Collection
Crusader Kings II Collection
Tropico 4 Collector's Bundle

Total of about $75. I probably would have spent less but this is my first real Steam sale.

liezryou

Star Wolves
The Binding of Isaac
Fez
Anno 2070
Faster Than Light
Under the Ocean
Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate
Trine 2 Complete Story
Terraria
Dues Ex Collection
Crusader Kings II Collection
Tropico 4 Collector's Bundle

Total of about $75. I probably would have spent less but this is my first real Steam sale.

Anno? Why support ubisoft?

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Ok GAF, I've never played a SimCity or Tropico game before but the genre has always interested me.

Where do you start I suggest? Obviously Tropico 4 is on sale, but should I start there or start with SimCity 4/5?

EDIT: Or maybe an Anno game?

Strike Suit Zero is the original game and features a full single-player campaign. Strike Suit Infinity come out afterwards and is a score-attack challenge version of Zero. I'd argue the first game offers the quintessential experience but I haven't actually played Infinity so it's hard for me to say.

Also, wait two hours to see if it becomes the community pick! You'll get an extra 10% off if it does.

Noted !

Thanks a lot for your advice :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom