• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

sibarraz

Banned
Hey gaf, I'm looking to get HL2 and the eps, and my friend is looking to get portal. If I buy the orange box as a gift can I give him just portal and redeem HL for myself, or does it come as one big code?

I think that in the orange box store page says that you can gift the games that you already own

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Hey gaf, I'm looking to get HL2 and the eps, and my friend is looking to get portal. If I buy the orange box as a gift can I give him just portal and redeem HL for myself, or does it come as one big code?

One big code.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...

It is 1 package. What I don't know is if you already own portal you get an extra copy.

Chavelo

Would anyone be down for trading a copy of Sleeping Dogs for a Steam Key of Borderlands 2? Been trying to sell it but no bite. I got great feedback both here on GAF and CheapAssGamer. Send me an add on Steam (name: Chavelo or via PM.

Prophane33

It took me three tries to do the tutorial mission. During the third try, I flipped my truck over and had to be carried to my destination, where it took me 15 mins to back up the cargo...

Hmm. I never tried the tutorial mission (and I usually just hit enter to skip backing up the truck ). Are you using a gamepad (I use a 360 one) or wheel? I can't imagine trying to play this game with just a keyboard (it would make it harder than it needs to be). Backing up the truck is difficult, I've been practicing so that I don't miss out on the precision bonus.

Tenrius

Thanks! I tried to match the visual style to Steam as closely as possible. The idea is that I didn't really want people to realize they were using it until they weren't using it. I guess it worked. :)

If you haven't already, be sure to leave good feedback here. It helps get the word out!

Don't you need some Firefox feedback as well? I just wrote a five-star review for you, anyway. (You can do the same here: https://addons.mozilla.org/ru/firefox/addon/enhanced-steam/reviews/).

Caerith

Ok GAF, I've never played a SimCity or Tropico game before but the genre has always interested me.

Where do you start I suggest? Obviously Tropico 4 is on sale, but should I start there or start with SimCity 4/5?

EDIT: Or maybe an Anno game?
Tropico 4 is a lot of fun, has a great sense of style and humor, and has great music. It beats the pants off Sim City 2013
but so does tetanus

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'd love to buy tropico but I am not sure if the mac version being released next week will also be on steam.

If not it would be a waste of money.

I'm hoping that it will just get updated with mac support on steam too so I don't have to buy it at the full price.

liezryou

I'd love to buy tropico but I am not sure if the mac version being released next week will also be on steam.

I'm hoping that it will just get updated with mac support on steam too so I don't have to buy it at the full price.

It probably will.

LogicStep

Tap on the little box at the top left of your friends list to slide over the navigation stuff, then tap on your name to bring up your profile. From there you can control your downloads and such under the Games heading

Totally worked, thanks. I had to make sure to "queue" up the screen with the game already paused and then launch the game. If not then it gets wonky. But I got it to work, thanks!

Almighty

Next time try Enhanced Steam.

Z9bbKXu.png

Now this I like. I am off to check out this Enhanced Steam everyone has been talking about.

Who else is really bugged by that stupid NEW tag over your profile name.

Me but I've been plagued by it for a few weeks at least. I've clicked every single option I can find to try and remove it but I neither know the cause nor the solution.

What is the easiest way of knowing which games give out cards?
For individual games:
terrariacards9hl60.png

For the complete collection of games with cards, the Trading Card Group has a pretty large amount: http://www.steamcommunity.com/groups/tradingcards I remember another link posted that contained the entire list though.

lmpaler

Looking at this card market it is easy to see that most people don't know how to really play a market. I can't believe I am saying this, but all those hours spent playing the Auction House in WoW and learning essentially a very crude sense of economics paid off lol.

What the fuck has steam done unto me. I used to be cool, I just purchased the games I played. If I didn't have every entry in a franchise I was alright with it. Unfortunately this no longer stands true because now my inner-man-god yells at me to always purchase the collection.

BrettWeir

What the fuck has steam done unto me. I used to be cool, I just purchased the games I played. If I didn't have every entry in a franchise I was alright with it. Unfortunately this no longer stands true because now my inner-man-god yells at me to always purchase the collection.

That's ok. You are normal.

Walking Dead deal is good. Hope Amazon will match it.

Buy to inventory, if it is not Mac friendly sell or trade it on.
50 minutes to dissapointment.
Yep.
Gunpoint? Yea or nay for this price?
Try the demo if you can.

scottzorus

Neo Member
Finished Ys I from the steam sale
Once I got use to the battle system it's a pretty enjoyable game. It was cool after the credits finished Steam automatically closed Ys I and started Ys II hahaha

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains

I opted to completely skip out on the Unreal deal instead of just buying the one entry I was interested in. That's just how it goes. All or nothing

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
So I just finished Battle: Los Angeles. Took me less than 40 minutes.

But the thing about bad rats is its a bad game but its so little money. What you need to find is a game where the price:fun ratio is astronomical. You have to feel like you got burned.

Read the above.

can some1 gift me Dark Souls and I´ll gift something of same value in return?

Did you get sorted out?

Dammit. Why did UT2k4 have to get cards. One of my all time favourite games.

Now I feel compelled to get it to Level 5 badge. Going to be expensive...(I don't have any doubles to trade away and I can't stand looking at incomplete badges on my profile). The completionist in me will eventually make me feel the need to finish them all at least to Level 1. Valve, sniffing out and preying on a gamers weakness!

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Half Minute Hero -- MB-7BC656AE0A86DF5B - Taken by DukeBobby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom