• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeliard

Maybe worth $5 though?

Yes. Rage is a solid enough arcade shooter if you like that sort of game. It still has a lot of that id crispness in movement and gunplay even if there are significant drawbacks in other areas, where their ambition exceeded their grasp.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
So Marvel's going to win based on name recognition, right?

Warframe is going to run off with this. It Is in the top 10 most played games on Steam often and hasn't dropped below the top 20 since it came out, pretty much.

Jaxter09

I sort of liked Rage on PS3 but got a good offer and parted with it. Does it still have issues with AMD cards and some stuff like that?

Apparently they patched it; but mine crashes every time a certain point in a story mission, which is annoying as it is about 2 hours into the game. I couldn't find any working fixes so I just uninstalled it. 6950 here.

I'm dying for a deeper discount on Street Fighter X Tekken right now. And I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. I remember seeing AE as a community choice option early in the sale, but it didn't win. I have a feeling Capcom will pair other hidden sales on SF4 and SFxT with an AE daily/flash similar to how DMC4 was 75% off when DmC was a daily. The wait feels unbearable.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Missed the deal on Gunpoint, does anyone know where I can find it for 6? Thought a friend said it was on the Humble Store but I can't even find it ><

zkylon

zkylewd
bought gunpoint, was hoping for less than 6 bucks but whatevs

so far I've bought like 6 games with card money

Is RAGE really as bad as people first said it was?
nope, it's actually really enjoyable

car stuff is dull and ending feels like the sopranos but I liked it for a boredlands-like.

a lot more than boredlands at least

I played some coop with a fellow gaffer and it was pretty fun too

Razorskin

----- ------
3njyMn3.png

Went to buy DMC4, regardless of card i try to charge it to I keep getting this error

"There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance."

Anyone have any experience in dealing with this?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Missed the deal on Gunpoint, does anyone know where I can find it for 6? Thought a friend said it was on the Humble Store but I can't even find it ><

Steam's price was matched at the official website, but that ended when the Flash Sale did.

Edit: Beaten.

I'm thinking of caving in to Fez but I would need to take La-Mulana or Rogue Legacy off of my "final day" purchase list.

I'm not quite ready to sacrifice either those yet.

Is RAGE really as bad as people first said it was?
No, it's just nothing special. There's almost an insulting amount of forgiveness given to the player, as it features regenerating health, bandages that you can use to get out of "strawberry screen so real" mode instantly, then if you should die you can get instantly revived, and later you get an upgrade that lets you revive twice. Holy jeez.

People love the animations and the enemies are pretty reactive, but I found their reactions often disjointed with how I was shooting them, leading to cases where I wouldn't be sure if I had actually killed a guy.

It also features some of the worst radial menus I've ever seen, I don't even know how you screw those up.

I would say it's worth playing, but keep your expectations to that of a $5 game.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I'm going to try getting the Detached achievement again in JSR, it's the only one I'm missing. Hopefully it doesn't drive me nuts. It's a shame alt+F4 doesn't work like quitting to dashboard in the 360 version.

Bought Dark Souls, can't wait to start dying.

Didn't now it was only 3.7 GB :eek:

Enjoy the best game of the generation. You will die but it's not as bad as they make it out to be. Don't worry about losing souls they're so insignificant in the scheme of things. Make sure you figure out weapon upgrading since it's the most important aspect of your character really.

I'm about to double dip myself.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
THQ asked a court to formally allow them to begin liquidation. This may disrupt the availability of the remaining THQ titles. Unfortunately the sales aren't great right now, but if there's anything you're going to kick yourself for not buying, here's your warning--of course it's also possible they'll keep selling stuff or that the IPs will get buyers and transfer to those buyers.

Vecks

Stardock, who developed GalCiv, The Political Machine, etc and published Sins of a Solar Empire, released a game called Elemental War of Magic which by all accounts was pretty shitty and basically unfinished. A number of apologies later, they worked at patching and improving the game. They then eventually decided to remake and remaster the game to make it better--and brought on the guy who made one of the most acclaimed Civ4 Mods to help with game design.

The finished product of that is Fallen Enchantress. Reviews seem to suggest that it is a significantly better game than Elemental War of Magic, but I can't think of anyone who has described it as excellent or must-have. Caveat Emptor.

Also I'd be remiss if I didn't point out a few things about Stardock that may or may not be important to you:
- Stardock is a small company owned by Brad Wardell
- Wardell is an outspoken person politically and has weighed in on a number of political debates in ways that have made some people uncomfortable. In particular his contributions on gender issues, lawsuits, climate change, small business regulation, wealth inequality in the US, etc have been cause for controversy.
- A former employee of Wardell's sued the studio for sexual harassment (mostly inappropriate crude jokes) -- he counter-sued and claimed she destroyed marketing materials for this game. You may wish to read the emails she submitted in her suit and his replies to those. His stance was basically that his actions were harmless and as the boss of the company he had a right to behave the way he wants and people who don't like it can find new jobs.

I don't mention this to make the thread a debate about Wardell or Stardock, but just because his own personal controversies are clearly directly tied to the company itself they might impact your decision to purchase stuff from them.

Well, this was certainly not what I was expecting for impressions. :( Can anybody recommend something similar? Another 4X fantasy game maybe?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
THQ asked a court to formally allow them to begin liquidation. This may disrupt the availability of the remaining THQ titles. Unfortunately the sales aren't great right now, but if there's anything you're going to kick yourself for not buying, here's your warning--of course it's also possible they'll keep selling stuff or that the IPs will get buyers and transfer to those buyers.
C'mon Space Marine full pack for $7.50!

I kind of want Saint's Row 3 but it's just so... stupid. I mean a lot of games are stupid and I guess that's the point of it... so, er, how is it?

I kind of want Saint's Row 3 but it's just so... stupid. I mean a lot of games are stupid and I guess that's the point of it... so, er, how is it?

I feel like biting too.. but... After missing the THQ Saints Row Humble Bundle Deal, I don't feel like getting a weaker deal here..

Mainly though, I'm thinking GTAV is going to be way more exciting, and worth the wait.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I would very much be on board with that.
It was that price at some point last Winter Seal. I wish I would have bought it then.

I really liked it, sans the last 2 or 3 missions which were kinda boring and uninteresting.

And I skipped almost all sidequests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom