• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

PKrockin

All these deals sure do look awesome. I wish I was interested in most of these games.

I'm picking up a lot of indie/old-ass games to play on my laptop though. Time Gentlemen Please, VVVVVV, etc.

Most people aren't targeting 120fps with a Titan and all that shit.

Saint's Row 3 port is fine for the average person.

It ran at 25-30 fps for me on a hd6870 at release, and still did so when I checked again 3 months after release.
That is not 'fine,' broken ass game is broken.
Next you'll tell me homefront ran fine at release for the average person.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Tell me why I should get Dark Souls.
Nobody has given me good reasons to play it, just a bunch of lies.

It ran at 25-30 fps for me on a hd6870 at release, and still did so when I checked again 3 months after release.
Runs 45-60 on my 5850.

antitrop

Tell me why I should get Dark Souls.
Because you have lost faith in modern AAA RPG BS like Mass Effect and Final Fantasy XIII and want a game that not only reminds me you how some of the best games you grew up with used to play, but shows you the way that future games should be.

It requires patience, dedication, and respect. It's one of the best games ever made.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Trying to decide between Tropico 4 and Anno 2070.

Like I said previously, haven't played any sort of games in this genre, but it has always interested me.

Help me GAF!

tjohn86

It ran fantastic on my HD 6850. You are wrong here dude.

It's like I've been reduced to an "Extreme Coupon" crazy person.

It was 2 freaking cents. While I realized it was absurd, I felt like if I didn't get it at the absolute cheapest price I'd be stuck with the feeling that someone got one over on me.

Due to my diligence, I can sleep like a baby tonight.

Cth

Broke it with some weird Unicode error?!
WTF :p

One sec

Edit: Okay fixed so it's good to go. Send again without the "TM" symbol in the game name, I'll fix the bug that caused it tomorrow morning. Thanks.

Yeah, I figured that might have been it, or the extra "-" .. that'll teach me to cut and paste :D

Thanks again!

Grief.exe

Taking a break, be back in 20 mins. Starting back up at 730 Pacific

We are going to be streaming all night. Until we beat the game.

Castle Crashers GAF game

FxcdK.png

Starts at 4:45 PM Pacific tonight. Have Mumble installed.

Will be Streaming from Rain's Twitch

1. Grief.exe
2. Drizzle
3. bakeray
4. Salsa

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

We've been through this. You'll also notice that a handful of AMD GPU users chimed in after that post, saying they experienced no issues. It's no secret that the game didn't play well with AMD hardware at and soon after release, but patches and driver updates solve nearly all such cases, and SR3 falls into this category.

Stimpack

Like I said previously, haven't played any sort of games in this genre, but it has always interested me.

Help me GAF!

Well if you want to play with friends you'll have to go with Anno, as Tropico is single-player only. Anno is more of an RTS, where Tropico is more like Sim City. Also Tropico is kind of wacky where Anno is rather serious.

I think I got that all right, anyway. Personally I think Tropico is pretty cool.

Lingitiz

Help me GAF!

I've only played a tiny bit of both, but you can't go wrong with either. Anno has better production values, but it's a bit more overwhelming to begin. Tropico 4 is much easier to ease into based on what I've played so far.

Oublieux

Is this a real question? 60fps is a slideshow in comparison.

Yes, real question. Anything beyond 60 FPS doesn't really do much for me, honestly. I think there's a certain point where the gain I get from FPS just plateaus. I just think some people are more sensitive than others in terms of frame rate; I guess I'm just not one of them.

Nethaniah

Yes, real question. Anything beyond 60 FPS doesn't really do much for me, honestly. I think there's a certain point where the gain I get from FPS just plateaus. I just think some people are more sensitive than others in terms of frame rate; I guess I'm just not one of them.

Have you tried 120fps on an actual 120Hz screen?

No slowdowns in 1080p? I don't have an FPS counter up all the time.

This game sometimes goes around 50 fps when i'm cruising, most people wouldn't call that a slowdown, still does not mean it's running ''fantastic''.

Grief.exe

I really shouldn't get ANNO 2070. I have ANNO 1404 and have barely played it yet.

Ubisoft is such a joke. That price point is ridiculous.

It really frustrates me that they have IPs I want to play like Far Cry and Watch Dogs. Then they have horrible pricing and UPLAY.

Oublieux

Have you tried 120fps on an actual 120Hz screen?

Yeah, of course; just not on my own rig personally as I'm still using an older Samsung monitor--it would be moot otherwise if it wasn't 120 Hz! I'm the type that's personally fine with a flat 30 or 60 FPS as long as there are no fluctuations with 60 FPS being preferable. Anything above that hasn't really been noticeable to me.

Salsa

RAGE is fucking great and y'all better get it

best first person gunplay in a while, and the enemy AI is fantastic

just.. forget about the ending

RedSwirl

That RAGE scorchers DLC is like $1.25. Any good? All I really wanna know is if it let's me engage in more combat, which was definitely the best thing about RAGE.

antitrop

Don't they have settings for that now?
I just screenshotted Rage in 4K at maximum settings a few months ago and didn't see any such options. Had to set the 16K value in the INI myself. Didn't look any better, though, that's been pretty clearly established in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom