• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nethaniah

I kind of want Saint's Row 3 but it's just so... stupid. I mean a lot of games are stupid and I guess that's the point of it... so, er, how is it?

Decent game, mediocre port (imo) and that's with a i7 2600k / titan / 16gb ram / ssd, game is horribly optimized though it's no where near gamebreaking like SR2.

Amory

I kind of want Saint's Row 3 but it's just so... stupid. I mean a lot of games are stupid and I guess that's the point of it... so, er, how is it?

You should play Saints Row the Third.

Anyone have an impression on Evoland? And is Rage worth the 5 bucks they're asking?

legacyzero

Banned
LOL I'm buying cards from the market

FUCK IS WRONG WITH ME

It's the idea behind the game. And it does it so well. It's 5 bucks. You really can't go wrong.

Not as good as two imo. Two had the right balance of insanity and actual story/character development. One step forward, two steps back. Writing suffered due to it...which is a shame, since SR2 is what I wanted GTA IV to be. Also, in a few areas, SR3 actually has less customization than SR2.

Stimpack

Anyone have an impression on Evoland? And is Rage worth the 5 bucks they're asking?

Rage is totally worth five bucks, but you have to consider all of the other great games that are also selling for the same price. Evoland was kind of cool. I enjoyed it, but I would personally wait until it's $2.50 some time.

Oublieux

It's stupid AND fun. It's the complete opposite of GTA and does not take itself seriously at all. The first 20 minutes has a part where you are in the skies, thousands of feet in the air with plane cargo littered all around you. The objective? Steal someones parachute before you get screwed. Fun stuff.

It's stupid AND fun. It's the complete opposite of GTA and does not take itself seriously at all. The first 20 minutes has a part where you are in the skies, thousands of feet in the air with plane cargo littered all around you. The objective? Steal someones parachute before you get screwed. Fun stuff.

Sounds funny I guess. I think I'll download it on PS3. I have it and completely forgot, that's messed up.

Soi-Fong

Got my second foil! Tomb Raider Summer Getaway card!

Still have both foils, one from what I just said above and the other from
sleeping Dogs. Sell or keep?

legacyzero

Banned
What do you do with them?

inEC1u4VoPfec.jpg

I hate Rage, but it's totally worth a five sheet.

It really is good for at least one playthrough.

antitrop

In all honesty, almost any AAA game is worth $5.

I enjoyed Aliens: Colonial Marines post-patches for that very price. Although it's debatable whether A:CM is actually a AAA game or not... I think it may be like AA.

That sounds fantastic, I'm glad I picked it up alteady.

Caerith

Decent game, mediocre port (imo) and that's with a i7 2600k / titan / 16gb ram / ssd, game is horribly optimized though it's no where near gamebreaking like SR2.
I don't mean this in a "my heart is fine" way, but your experience is sort of the opposite of everyone else's. I was playing with an i5 2500K, 570, 8gb RAM, and an SSD, and it played smooth as silk. Everyone else's opinion I've heard on this is that it's an excellent port as well.

Amory

Does Dark Souls support the 360 controller?

I remember people talking about the PC version being garbage but everyone talks so much about that game that I'm considering it.

Nethaniah

I don't mean this in a "my heart is fine" way, but your experience is sort of the opposite of everyone else's. I was playing with an i5 2500K, 570, 8gb RAM, and an SSD, and it played smooth as silk. Everyone else's opinion I've heard on this is that it's an excellent port as well.

Excellent in that it isn't a piece of garbage like the second game but struggling with my hardware to reach a stable 100-120 fps on medium? Yep, that's a mediocre port alright especially considering the stuff it's actually putting on my screen, other much more graphically intensive games run better.

I believe most people only say that it's an excellent port because of how bad SR2 was.

Bishop89

Is there any hint/confirmation/slither of hope that bastion will release on vita/ps3/ps4?
Its on sale now and the price is fantastic, but I would rather play it on the other machines.

legacyzero

Banned
It's absolutely hilarious
for 5 minutes.
But it STOMPS the living shit out of GTAIV.

Even if you can't appreciate the humor, Saint's Row 3 has the gameplay and mechanics to back it up.

Wonderful game, I enjoyed it more than GTA IV, although I love them both.
This.

I remember people talking about the PC version being garbage but everyone talks so much about that game that I'm considering it.

The game on PC is a MIRACLE, provided you use DsFix. And yeah, the game is best with a controller. Dont try Kb/M. It's bad.

DukeBobby

Even if you can't appreciate the humor, Saint's Row 3 has the gameplay and mechanics to back it up.

Wonderful game, I enjoyed it more than GTA IV, although I love them both.

The problem is, Saints Row 2 had better gameplay (well, at lot more to do at least) and was a lot funnier.

Saints Row 3 had far less content and an even shittier open world (Saints Row never had a good one anyway)

Oublieux

Excellent in that it isn't a piece of garbage like the second game but struggling with my hardware to reach a stable 100-120 fps on medium? Yep, that's a mediocre port alright.

I believe most people only say that it's an excellent port because of how bad SR2 was.

B-but... who really needs 100-120 FPS..?

zkylon

zkylewd
uhhh I don't get it

it's stupid fun, that's why people like it, it's also usually pretty smart about being stupid (but not always, fucking zombies almost ruined the game for me) and it's hilarious

yes, it's worth it

you get your five dollars worth the second you fire your shotgun for the first time

I've now realized the depth of my mania when I spent about 20+ minutes refreshing the market page trying to save 2 cents on my last card needed to complete the summer set

OFFIS

Yes plug and play, its great once you install the dsfix. Buy it!
Praise the Sun & Durante & Gaben!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Oops, think I broke ModBot again, or I'm just unlucky :D

Broke it with some weird Unicode error?!
WTF :p

One sec

Edit: Okay fixed so it's good to go. Send again without the "TM" symbol in the game name, I'll fix the bug that caused it tomorrow morning. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom