• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nethaniah

Yeah, of course; just not on my own rig personally as I'm still using an older Samsung monitor--it would be moot otherwise if it wasn't 120 Hz! I'm the type that's personally fine with a flat 30 or 60 FPS as long as there are no fluctuations with 60 FPS being preferable. Anything above that hasn't really been noticeable to me.

No problem, i know people that are the same way and think i'm a nitpicker when it comes to framerate, to each his own.

That must be really hard for you. I'm sorry.

It is, still did not stop me from completing it though.

This is the ending of Rage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saXmDHl50hI

Everyone deserves to see how bad (non-existent) it is.

Kinda makes you wonder if all those years spent on this game they were really just only building that engine, what a waste.

Cth

It's giveaway time!

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

RIP Trilogy -- MB-DBF434C7F40517AE - Taken by PixyJunket

Dec

It also has terrible, terrible DRM. So no, you really should not get it.

Which is always a big shame every time I see it on sale.

Ya it's a real shame. My wife loves 1404 so I got her 2070 and even she has been complaining about it. Takes forever to actually get in the game.

feel

Yes, real question. Anything beyond 60 FPS doesn't really do much for me, honestly. I think there's a certain point where the gain I get from FPS just plateaus. I just think some people are more sensitive than others in terms of frame rate; I guess I'm just not one of them.
Your monitor is likely to be a 60hz one and you're only seeing 60 actual frames per second despite your pc be pushing more if you're saying this. The silky smoothness of (true) 120fps in something like a Valve game is really hard to miss.

120 fps on a 120Hz screen can be pretty damn weird to look at.
I just can't.. :(

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That RAGE scorchers DLC is like $1.25. Any good? All I really wanna know is if it let's me engage in more combat, which was definitely the best thing about RAGE.

Then the DLC is for you! It offers around half-a-dozen quests, at a handful of new locations, that revolve around the titular enemy clan.

Sullichin

I bought FTL for someone months ago and i'm fairly certain they're never going to redeem it and aren't interested. So if you would like a gifted key of FTL that's been around the block and seen some shit this is your chance.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

FTL Faster Than Light -- MB-E06C99908C153D30 - Taken by Habieru

DukeBobby

In Rage, the people you fight for are called 'The Resistance' and the people you fight against are called 'The Authority'.

I mean, how lazy can you get?

Mugatu

Anyone know what "Partial Controller Support" means on Rage?

I played it on 360 with controller and would probably play it the same way on PC if possible.

EDIT: Found the answer on steam forums - game can be played with controller but you need m/kb for menus.

All I want is to become level 5 by the end of the sale. I've visibility completed 14 Pillar of Community tasks, and others which haven't even been updated. I somehow still don't have my 100 XP for the level 1 badge, which would bring me to level 5 so I can get my cards for voting.

C'mon, Steam :(

Cth

In Rage, the people you fight for are called 'The Resistance' and the people you are fighting against are called 'The Authority'.

Anarchy!!

Honestly, I never bothered to look into what Rage was. Didn't know it was id even :D

Rage's guns are so meaty and satisfying to shoot. And the sound effects are crisp as heck.

It really makes me hopeful for Doom 4 or another id game to come out

Minion101

Banned

I played it on 360 with controller and would probably play it the same way on PC if possible.

It'll say that if it doesn't work immediately upon launching the game. Like if you need to activate it in the menus first or something.

kuYuri

Bought the Scorchers finally. I double dipped on the PC version of Rage awhile back on disc (it was $6 at the time and the game size is huge), just needed the DLC.

Mugatu

It'll say that if it doesn't work immediately upon launching the game. Like if you need to activate it in the menus first or something.

Just read on the steam forums that the game doesn't use the controller in the menus but you can play the game with it.

Caerith

Excellent in that it isn't a piece of garbage like the second game but struggling with my hardware to reach a stable 100-120 fps on medium? Yep, that's a mediocre port alright especially considering the stuff it's actually putting on my screen, other much more graphically intensive games run better.

I believe most people only say that it's an excellent port because of how bad SR2 was.
I didn't play SR2, so I guess that completely invalidates my enjoyment of SR3.

Have to ask again. Can someone get me Dark Souls? It's not available in Malaysia so I can't buy it through Steam. I'll trade it with you a game of equal value (or paypal)

Thanks!

In Rage, the people you fight for are called 'The Resistance' and the people you fight against are called 'The Authority'.

Rage is about shooting stuff. That's it. And it does the shooting stuff really well. Sure, phantom ending and stupid... well it's not even a story, really... it's just a thing... well anyways yeah, Rage is about shooting stuff, and it is fantastic about the shooting of stuff. If you want stuff to be shot, Rage is a game for that. It's good fun for what it is.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

It typically means that either there's a launcher lacking controller support or you need to enable controller support manually in the options menu, but, if memory serves, neither apply to Rage. You can most certainly play through the game just fine with a controller.

antitrop

Rage is about shooting stuff. That's it. And it does the shooting stuff really well. Sure, phantom ending and stupid... well it's not even a story, really... it's just a thing... well anyways yeah, Rage is about shooting stuff, and it is fantastic about the shooting of stuff. If you want stuff to be shot, Rage is a game for that. It's good fun for what it is.
But the problem is that so often you're not fucking shooting anything, and that is why Rage sucks.

DukeBobby

There are also games that let me shoot stuff and have good writing/dialogue.

Many games, in fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom