• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amory

I'm tempted to drop the 5 bucks to get the Episodes from Liberty City DLC just so I can play The Ballad of Gay Tony. I already played TLAD but I heard Gay Tony was great.

Acorn

lol@steams ambitious "remaining time" counter. I've downloaded 2 gigs getting about 7.5 mb/s but it thinks I'll be done in 17 seconds.

Gotta love ambition.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Ubisoft is such a joke. That price point is ridiculous.

It really frustrates me that they have IPs I want to play like Far Cry and Watch Dogs. Then they have horrible pricing and UPLAY.

It also has terrible, terrible DRM. So no, you really should not get it.

Which is always a big shame every time I see it on sale.

Yea the DRM sucks. I will just wait until it gets a deeper discount, I need to stop buying these type of games in this sale lol

vilmer_

ibkVkageLSyuDa.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm tempted to drop the 5 bucks to get the Episodes from Liberty City DLC just so I can play The Ballad of Gay Tony. I already played TLAD but I heard Gay Tony was great.

Gay Tony contains some of the "fun factor" that many complained GTAIV had abandoned. It's most certainly worth snapping up.

Nethaniah

Any of that SR3 DLC worth buying? I've been itching for an excuse to play more of it with SR4 coming soon.

The actual mission DLC's are pretty good if only because it's more actual content, be aware that one of the smaller dlc ruins the game cause it enables some cheats (last i checked).

Omega

Banned
This is the ending of Rage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saXmDHl50hI

Everyone deserves to see how bad (non-existent) it is.

the ending of RAGE is just kinda nonexistent tho

it just ends

like they forgot to put it there

wow, you guys weren't kidding. wtf

Spec Ops: The Line, The Walking Dead, The Last of Us, and Red Dead Redemption all had exceptional endings, in my opinion.

Spec Ops I agree with. Haven't played the other three so I can't comment

You haven't played many games??

I have. Or I've seen playthroughs for games I didn't feel like finishing on my own just to see how they ended.

I'd say 99% are terrible. 0.5% are passable and 0.5% are good.

Caerith

Any of that SR3 DLC worth buying? I've been itching for an excuse to play more of it with SR4 coming soon.
Season pass and shark gun. Unlockables pack if you've already beaten the game and want the rewards from the choices you didn't make. Everything else is cosmetic.

But the problem is that so often you're not fucking shooting anything, and that is why Rage sucks.

Just in the really awful car driving parts, which were still a time when stuff was being shot, but it wasn't as good a stuff shooting as the parts when you're walking shooting stuff. Sucks is a strong word. Great shooting + terrible just about everything else = mediocre.

There are also games that let me shoot stuff and have good writing/dialogue.

Many games, in fact.

Yeah but they're not on a flash sale for $5 right now... and when did Steam sales become about playing games anyways?

marrec

Banned
Wow, I can see why Dark Souls is so difficult. I can't even figure out how to sign into GFWL.

This is going to take some time to figure out the mechanics.

(fuckthisgame)

GK86

Homeland Security Fail

How is TLAD? Thinking of picking up GTA for the DLC.

Omega

Banned

No. I loved the game but unless you want to get more achievements I don't see the point. The Genki Bowl DLC was the best, but there's no content in it. There's two instances of three activities (There's a "harder" SERC, a spin on mayhem where you use a yarnball and some shitty ass fucking SkyPanda activity) and 2 or 3 activities that serve as story missions.

Gangstas in Space was forgettable. Trouble with Clones was terribad.

How is TLAD? Thinking of picking up GTA for the DLC.
It's good. 5-7 hours of content if I'm not mistaken.

If you liked GTA4, get it. If you're one of the people that pretend GTA4 is the worst game ever then skip it

hom3land

The recent community choices have been picking the less crappy choice.. Must be punishment for all the wrong games winning at the beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom