• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad Fez is back thinking of getting it but what are the chances it comes back again at a lower price? iirc i saw strike suit zero at 5 a few days ago and recently just saw it at 3. Cant remember if the 5 was me just searching and finding it or it was on the main page like the 3 was.

Not happening, unless it glitches like Sleeping Dogs during the winter sale. That game went for a 1$ and change.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
The lack of difficulty in Rage was a much bigger issue than the abrupt ending. I'm still surprised how many people gave that a pass. Looks like the DLC helps offset that though, which is nice. I'm looking forward to giving it another go after I clear out some games.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I have been tired as shit at work all day today because I stayed up all night playing Civ 5. I can already tell that is a dangerous game.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The lack of difficulty in Rage was a much bigger issue than the abrupt ending. I'm still surprised how many people gave that a pass. Looks like the DLC helps offset that though, which is nice. I'm looking forward to giving it another go after I clear out some games.

Abrupt endings are a staple of id games, so that didn't bother me: it's just that the closing level was offensively anti-climatic. You can't give the player the most powerful weapon of the game and not also serve up a boss to empty it on!

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Abrupt endings are a staple of id games, so that didn't bother me: it's just that the closing level was offensively anti-climatic. You can't give the player the most powerful weapon of the game and not also serve up a boss to empty it on!
The real Carmack died with Q3.

Grief.exe

Stream is live

Castle Crashers GAF game

FxcdK.png

Starts at 4:45 PM Pacific tonight. Have Mumble installed.

Will be Streaming from Rain's Twitch

1. Grief.exe
2. Drizzle
3. bakeray
4. Salsa

Berto

So I just added 10€ to my steam wallet and suddendly seems like I cant sell any cards? It actually shows a info box stating that I cant acess the market until 25th for them to check my wallet balance. Thats... annoying =/

Dec

Gunpoint was really, really good. Wish there was more as it's pretty short though. Only missing 2 achievements and under 4 hours played :(

bender

What time is it?
Gunpoint is great, I can't recommend it enough. I cheered when I got the
Sorry, Were You Using That?
achievement.

edit: I have $20 in my wallet from card sales. I keep buying the games offsite. :(

JaseC

The real Carmack died with Q3.

Although I consider Q3 id's best game, at the heart of Rage is a vintage FPS. It's a pity the game suffered from an identity crisis as with a less scattershot approach to its design it could have been something great.

I'm pretty sure the summer sale will be over before Max Payne 3 finishes dowloading for me. Lol. I managed to download like 13 gb of it last night only 14 gb to go. I'm probably going to get stern letter from Comcast by the time the sale is over.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map

Ah, nah, I don't disagree at all with the end being a disappointment. I'm just saying Rage had a much bigger issue, something that affected the game from start to finish. I am hoping the extra DLC difficulty is enough to patch that up. I'm actually really curious now.

Finally got a foil! After 170+ cards I got a Chivalry Summer sale foil for crafting the summer sale badge. I was sure foils didn't actually exist.

JaseC

Ah, nah, I don't disagree at all with the end being a disappointment. I'm just saying Rage had a much bigger issue, something that affected the game from start to finish. I am hoping the extra DLC difficulty is enough to patch that up. I'm actually really curious now.

I've been meaning to play the DLC, but I began a new playthrough with a mate last year and after he lost interest I stopped playing myself. I could begin the DLC from where I left off, but I'd prefer to finish the main campaign beforehand and I don't particularly feel like doing that just yet. :p

dang, cant buy anything from steam :(

"There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance." Just keeps saying that. Never had that before

Sajjaja

Holy crap. While this was totally unexpected. Was opening ports when suddenly out of no where:

Thanks Forensick! You're a cool guy. Everyone say thank you to him! GAF never ceases to show it's generosity.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
I feel like the flash sales keep repeating. Please put Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines on sale!!

zychi

Banned
Does Steam have anything affiliated with Luxemburg?

I just got a fraud call for $1.xx and I'm not sure if I initiated it with a Steam purchase. I can't find a purchase with that value, but alot of my purchases were discounted because of selling the trading cards.

Arozay

So dumb question regarding Batman.

As someone with the Vanilla game, is any of the DLC worth it? And it looks like the GOTY is the same as the original, just in a bundle and branded differently.

Exeunt

I feel like the flash sales keep repeating. Please put Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines on sale!!

I like the way you think.

I looked at the publisher - Activision. Its never going on sale.

It does have a (weak) discount right now, and it has gone for 75% off in the past. It should crop up eventually, even if it's not in this sale. I hope so anyway!

A bit late here, but:

THQ asked a court to formally allow them to begin liquidation. This may disrupt the availability of the remaining THQ titles. Unfortunately the sales aren't great right now, but if there's anything you're going to kick yourself for not buying, here's your warning--of course it's also possible they'll keep selling stuff or that the IPs will get buyers and transfer to those buyers.

Well, crap. I guess this is the nail in the coffin for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. this sale. Given the legal trouble JaseC mentioned earlier today:

and going by what Stump said, I'm guessing I should be seriously looking to acquire these games, yes?

zychi

Banned
Reposting for a new page:
Does Steam have anything affiliated with Luxemburg?

I just got a fraud call for $1.xx and I'm not sure if I initiated it with a Steam purchase. I can't find a purchase with that value, but alot of my purchases were discounted because of selling the trading cards.

You guys continue to amaze. I know I shouldn't be surprised by GAF's generosity anymore, but I keep finding myself amused at the (somewhat) random acts of kindness.

So cool.

Sajjaja

Reposting on new page:

Holy crap. While this was totally unexpected. Was opening ports when suddenly out of no where:

Thanks Dinosaur a.k.a. Forensick! You're a cool guy. Everyone say thank you to him! GAF never ceases to show it's generosity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom