• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinosur

Thanks Forensick! You're a cool guy. Everyone say thank you to him! GAF never ceases to show it's generosity.

No problems at all buddy. You thumbed up my screenshots and had it on your wishlist so figured you must be looking forward to it. Like I said, I found it super funny after an hour and wanted to spread the joy.

So dumb question regarding Batman.

As someone with the Vanilla game, is any of the DLC worth it? And it looks like the GOTY is the same as the original, just in a bundle and branded differently.

If you're talking about Arkham City, the DLC isn't worth it. It's painfully short and not particularly good either way.

Prophane33

Dark Souls is seriously frustrating. I couldn't get past Undead Burg, so I restarted as a pyromancer. Now I can't even beat the Asylum Demon. Had this game since it came out on PC and only put 3 hours or so into it. I think this game just isn't for me.

antitrop

uNQ7eV7.png

Some of my friends are so nice.
It's not awful.

But Wife Arm. :p

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Reposting for a new page:
Does Steam have anything affiliated with Luxemburg?

I just got a fraud call for $1.xx and I'm not sure if I initiated it with a Steam purchase. I can't find a purchase with that value, but alot of my purchases were discounted because of selling the trading cards.

Valve has some kind of office based in Luxembourg yes.

AlexBasch

Unless something incredible happens, I'll get Sleepy Dawgs DLC.

Funny, all I have bought in this sale is only DLC. Here's a small hope that Skyrim vanilla will go 75% off.

Dark Souls is seriously frustrating. I couldn't get past Undead Burg, so I restarted as a pyromancer. Now I can't even beat the Asylum Demon. Had this game since it came out on PC and only put 3 hours or so into it. I think this game just isn't for me.
Take it easy and keep your eyes on his enormous butt.

Cth

Woo hoo!

Ended up trading my ClubNintendo platinum reward for a copy of Rogue Legacy!

Oh, and Mark of the Ninja is awesome :)

Prophane33

Unless something incredible happens, I'll get Sleepy Dawgs DLC.

Funny, all I have bought in this sale is only DLC.

Take it easy and keep your eyes on his enormous butt.

Yeah, I haven't given up forever -- just for tonight. I tend to play until I become entirely frustrated and then quit for awhile. I WANT to like this game, I'm no stranger to difficult games (e.g. I'm a huge fan of --and quite decent at -- bullet-hell shmups) but this game is just an odd one and the frustration builds up. I know there are people out there who can exploit and break everything in this game, but I can barely get past the tutorial.

Oublieux

“If You Like Final Fantasy Or Zelda, You Need To Play Evoland”
Kotaku

GEE THANKS KOTAKU, so informative.

The game is short, I think about 3 hours if you don't bother with collecting stars. There's a mix of FF and Zelda and even a throwback to Diablo, but it essentially parodies FF7 for the most part right down to some of the names and themes.

It was decently amusing and the length is just right without overstaying its welcome. Any longer, and the game would have been extremely repetitive.

Caerith

The Asylum Demon is hella easy with the pyromancer. Just lob fireballs at it and don't get sat on.

antitrop

The game is short, I think about 3 hours if you don't bother with collecting stars. There's a mix of FF and Zelda and even a throwback to Diablo, but it essentially parodies FF7 for the most part right down to some of the names and themes.

It was decently amusing and the length is just right without overstaying its welcome. Any longer, and the game would have been extremely repetitive.
Okay, that does sound awesome.

Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Bastion -- MB-9818F7E8AC9F97A8 - Taken by JoduanER2
Deus Ex: Human Revolution -- MB-A0D0B6E8EC820D55 - Taken by qazqaNii
Mount & Blade Warband Napoleonic Wars DLC -- MB-61A9BDCF9CAE69DC - Taken by GK86
System Shock 2 -- MB-C7263B8DD943FB33 - Taken by unpurposed

Mozendo

Not after I saw the base price for 4 characters and 8 skins was frickin' eighty-five dollars! My mind couldn't process that so I just voted for Star Trek since I know a couple people who play it.
Oh wow.
I just want Marvel Heroes to win to see the reaction of the community.

Qvoth

anybody knows when the summer sale is ending?
i've got 2 more summer getaway cards remaining for a level 2 summer sale badge... wondering if there's enough time for 6 more votes until the end

which one do you guys recommend, secret world or war of the roses?

Caerith

I didn't see any type of fire attack in my inventory, maybe I'm just not looking hard enough.
All you have is a broken sword?

The first time against the Asylum Demon isn't meant to be winnable, you're supposed to run away through the door on the side and you'll find your class weapons there, including your pyromancy.

Mugatu

anybody knows when the summer sale is ending?
i've got 2 more summer getaway cards remaining for a level 2 summer sale badge... wondering if there's enough time for 6 more votes until the end

which one do you guys recommend, secret world or war of the roses?

Says 7/11 to 7/22

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I finally loaded up kerbal. Right now I feel like this:

UXhu8xJ.jpg

I closed it. I will play again tomorrow. Maybe I can get my ship to move then...

My real world engineering skills don't seem to transfer so well. Is there a good help document in game or something?

AlexBasch

Yeah, I haven't given up forever -- just for tonight. I tend to play until I become entirely frustrated and then quit for awhile. I WANT to like this game, I'm no stranger to difficult games (e.g. I'm a huge fan of --and quite decent at -- bullet-hell shmups) but this game is just an odd one and the frustration builds up. I know there are people out there who can exploit and break everything in this game, but I can barely get past the tutorial.
Don't worry, I know. I haven't finished it yet, ended up investing some time into getting item drops from annoying enemies, progressed a bit and lost all drive to finish the game.

I guess I liked Demon's Souls a lot more instead, but given your background of shmups, then difficulty shouldn't be a problem for you if you keep pressing on, because shmups are actual bullshit for someone bad as me. :p

Also, MThanded post reminded me of when I tried to play Europa Universalis.

The fuck am I doin'.

Milamber

I finally loaded up kerbal. Right now I feel like this:

UXhu8xJ.jpg

I closed it. I will play again tomorrow. Maybe I can get my ship to move then...

My real world engineering skills don't seem to transfer so well. Is there a good help document in game or something?

Half the fun is trying everything out and watching your spectacular failures.

Prophane33

All you have is a broken sword?

The first time against the Asylum Demon isn't meant to be winnable, you're supposed to run away through the door on the side and you'll find your class weapons there, including your pyromancy.

Nah I have like a mace and a shield. I'm going to go back to the game right now and see what I can figure out.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
First off, a big thank you to The Broken Ska Record for Fez. Pretty awesome of you.

Second, didn't see the Mount was for the DLC, so I must decline Qrusher14242. This that go back into the modbot or do you want me to give it back to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom