• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dambrosi

Banned
Hmm. I suddenly have £20 in my bank account that I didn't have before, and I don't know where it's from. As such, I won't be spending it on the sales (at least, not until I find out where it came from).

Still, lucky, that. Maybe if Rogue Legacy comes up as a Daily, I might be tempted to get it!

Deques

Be honest with me guys, should I buy vanilla Skyrim at $20 if I don't want to wait until Winter.

It hasn't been a daily deal yet.

ilnRBXa3tuIwI.gif

Yeah but I believe they mean they didn't see it those times, and want to buy it at the base sale price of 20.99, when it will get cheaper when Skyrim get's Daily'd. I don't recall the Flash/Community price for Vanilla, but it's going to be cheaper than the 20.99 the user is speaking of.

Chavelo

I'm a long time ago PC player and an Xbox/Nintendo console player. I just joined Steam today and purchased Deus Ex:HR in all its glory, damn that is cheap for the lot! I played Deus Ex & II on the PC many years ago plus already finished HR & missing link on console but I want to compare/replay it to my PC version for such a low price. Wow!

Anyhow what games do SteamGAF recommend for me, here's a short history of what I like:

4. Fighting games like SFII Turbo or KI.

What should I pick up to trick out a return to PC gaming? (somewhat I still love my XBL). I'm happy to budget $50-$100 or so for a backlog spree.

Cheers mates.

I don't think SF4:AE or SFxT have gone on sale yet. Look for them being on sale for the rest of the week. :)

Eternia

Yeah but I believe they mean they didn't see it those times, and want to buy it at the base sale price of 20.99, when it will get cheaper when Skyrim get's Daily'd. I don't recall the Flash/Community price for Vanilla, but it's going to be cheaper than the 20.99 the user is speaking of.
They actually did not discount the base game further during both the vote and flash sale. It could be possible they won't discount it during the daily but it's better to cover your bases by waiting until then.

Deques

I might be wrong, but I think the Legendary Edition was for the vanilla too since it was a bit cheaper when the Legendary was a daily/community choice

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Is there a website that tracks the individual games' prices during the sale? I want to see when Civ V was on sale and for how much.

Fireblend

Banned
So, DSFix (Dark Souls) seems to make the game crash right at startup. I copied the files over just like the instructions said and whenever I try to launch it from Steam the game just plain crashes (this program has stopped working... message).

I removed the DLL and it runs just fine.

Any idea? I'm on Windows 7.

Nabs

So, DSFix (Dark Souls) seems to make the game crash right at startup. I copied the files over just like the instructions said and whenever I try to launch it from Steam the game just plain crashes (this program has stopped working... message).

I removed the DLL and it runs just fine.

Any idea? I'm on Windows 7.

I had a similar problem the other day. It was due to my DEP settings in Windows. I had to create an exception for the data.exe in my Dark Souls folder.

I don't know if it'll help you, but it's worth trying out.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Rogue Legacy is addicting as hell and brutal to boot but I keep coming back. Buy it right now guys.

Martian

So apperently Torchlight will be the next daily deal
and then Skyrim
And afterwards Prison Architect

pretty exciting deals I suppose

Not much more I want though

ss_lemonade

Ya there looked like about 20 or so people at the end there.

Did you see the trippy weird clown chick at the end?
Oh yeah, that too. Was trying to process wtf was going on lol.

Oh well, time to start Sleeping Dogs I guess. Finally done downloading the game and that huge texture patch

ZenaxPure

this has not been a great summer sale. that winter sale was so much better.

To be honest I thought the winter sale was terrible. Everything was price matched or cheaper elsewhere on the web, I didn't buy a single game from steam itself. At least this time through card funds I've bought stuff on steam. Also bought more stuff in general this time, a lot of the games I wanted last winter but didn't get because I thought they were still too expensive have been cheaper this time.

I'm sure I will like Gunpoint, but the text is so small that I'm going to have to drag my easy chair across the living room in order to play it.

Yes, I am a full on HTPC comfy couch gamer. It is awesome...most of the time. Except for small text.

BHK3

Banned
So apperently Torchlight will be the next daily deal
and then Skyrim
And afterwards Prison Architect

pretty exciting deals I suppose

Not much more I want though

Source? What mystical ball did you see this in?

Edit: Oh daily deals, was thinking the upcoming flash sale.

Grief.exe

Oh yeah, that too. Was trying to process wtf was going on lol.

Oh well, time to start Sleeping Dogs I guess. Finally done downloading the game and that huge texture patch

Sleeping Dogs is amazing.

To be honest I thought the winter sale was terrible. Everything was price matched or cheaper elsewhere on the web, I didn't buy a single game from steam itself. At least this time through card funds I've bought stuff on steam. Also bought more stuff in general this time, a lot of the games I wanted last winter but didn't get because I thought they were still too expensive have been cheaper this time.

Winter sale wasn't very good.

This sale, Valve really stepped up. So many games are at their lowest price ever.

Dark Souls, System Shock 2, Bastion, SS0, Deus Ex: HR, etc

bootski

Grand Theft Auto complete package 75% off. Damn I wasn't planning on buying any GTA games in this sale but I'm tempted. What to do, GAF? I probably wont play them for a very long time but it's comforting to know that I will always have them available to play without worrying about backwards compatibility.

if you haven't already decided, i would recommend them for a console instead. gta and the rockstar social club is why is stringently no longer buy games from steam if they require another drm on top. as much as id love to play dark souls, its gonna be a ps3 game, not a pc one.

Salsa

stream was fun and I was fucking zoning out at the end

castle crashers can get pretty zen

specially at parts like this:

38F5E5AB1C9F452C5F37651CBD4207E5674AB75B

curlycare

Oh my god these later sales days are horrible; I've already bought everything I needed, and now I'm just buying games because I might play them some day :I

Is there a name for this syndrome?

sapsari

Sleeping Dogs is amazing.

Winter sale wasn't very good.

This sale, Valve really stepped up. So many games are at their lowest price ever.

Dark Souls, System Shock 2, Bastion, SS0, Deus Ex: HR, etc

Yeah but this time they failed at bundles. No publisher bundles, no indie bundles...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom