• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Ah the best kind of bullshit, virtual items by the bucketload.

40€ (after 50% discount) for :

-4 Heroes (Captain America, Iron Man, Hulk, Ms. Marvel)
-8 Costumes (including Hulk Avengers Movie, Ms. Marvel Agent of S.W.O.R.D., Captain -America Avengers Movie, Iron Man Avengers Movie)
-10x Fortune Cards

That's a lot of money.

Stimpack

40€ (after 50% discount) for :

-4 Heroes (Captain America, Iron Man, Hulk, Ms. Marvel)
-8 Costumes (including Hulk Avengers Movie, Ms. Marvel Agent of S.W.O.R.D., Captain -America Avengers Movie, Iron Man Avengers Movie)
-10x Fortune Cards

That's a lot of money.

Someone has to pay for all that spandex.

Thank you for gifting me Bad Rats Timedog.

fHRZqT5.png

Arthea

g'morning

so, now everybody bought Tropico 4, I assume.

dlc for voting. Does it mean we will see no new games in this sale anymore?

look! it's Bad Rats again. It's turning into obsession? (><)

Stimpack

Um, did you even play the game??

I have not. I'm not saying that I'm the guy to speak one way or another about the quality of Bad Rats, I'm just saying that maybe it doesn't look so great from what I've seen of it so far. But I don't know, maybe there's a twist ending that really ties it all together. Or maybe there are some surprise cameo appearances. I don't know.

yami4ct

Between SMT IV and all my steam sale games, I officially have too much to play. But, going over first impressions of what I bought.

Kerbal Space Program: Awesome, will certainly spend more time with this over. Super rewarding when you finally accomplish stuff. Got probes in orbit around the home plant and mun and a probe on the mun. All that was great.

Don't Starve: Super fun, great aesthetic. A lot of depth that appears as you go on. It's kind of hard to start, as the game doesn't ever explain anything to you, but as you learn it, it gets amazingly fun to play.

Tomb Raider: Eh, it's kinda cool. Bow controls don't feel as amazing as Last of Us, but still really cool. I like the presentation and the way they're framing Lara. Story seems like good fun and the set pieces are pretty great. Some moments so far look jaw droppingly good. Only visual complaint I have is that animations look super stilted and weird. Ultra violence feels super out of place as well. I think I'll enjoy it more if/when it opens up a bit more, but so far it feels like Uncharted with better gunplay and a cool way of presenting UI elements.

Sleeping Dogs: I. Love. This. Game, and I'm someone who hates GTA. So far, the only GTA style game to really do it for me has been Saint's Row III. It also looks absolutely stunning on PC. Those rain effects. :D. Wow. Hong Kong also gives this game such a unique presentation. Story seems really cool a s well. A lot of great characters and interesting drama. Could turn out to be a really great crime story if it keeps this up. Hand to hand combat feels fun and excellent. Really keeps gameplay feeling fresh. It fixes a lot of the issue I have with the GTA series. My favorite purchase from the sale so far.

There's still Prison Architect, dude.

Still holding up a tiny bit of hope for a 40%+ sale on Rogue Legacy.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
how is ace of spades? 1.50 per person for a 4 pack? is it a bit of fun? I heard the classes make fortifying/building essentially worthless, but for a couple friends to shoot each other for a while, worth it? How does the shooting mechanics feel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom