• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

So even though I've never wanted it on PC before, having played and adored it on 360, I bought Alan Wake while it was 2 bob yesterday.

By god is it a fine looking game, and all those frames to go with it compared to the 360. Man, will have to give the other content a bash now. Perfect game to try on new PJ.

You made a good choice.

I sent you a Steam GAF group invite btw.

Stimpack

So even though I've never wanted it on PC before, having played and adored it on 360, I bought Alan Wake while it was 2 bob yesterday.

By god is it a fine looking game, and all those frames to go with it compared to the 360. Man, will have to give the other content a bash now. Perfect game to try on new PJ.

Can't say I cared much for the flashlight/gun combination, but it certainly was a rather enjoyable game. Still haven't played American Nightmare or whatever it was called.

Joco

Picked up both STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl and Clear Sky (already owned Pripyat) after reading that someone here said an IP dispute might make the games end up being removed from the store... not sure if that was a legitimate rumor or not but it gave me an excuse to finally buy them.

maneil99

Favorite part of alan wake was the twilight zone like show, might go back and paly through it again, great atmosphere. Remember buying Alone in the Dark for Xbox thinking it was the same game.

elfinke

You made a good choice.

I sent you a Steam GAF group invite btw.

Just got it, thanks. I really really loved AW on 360, frame rate and one or two brutal difficulty spikes notwithstanding. I didn't play any of the DLC on 360, not being a DLC purchaser, so it was a real bonus getting all that stuff yesterday, too.

Seeing it at ultra quality and 1080p/60 is something else. Damn.

maneil99

About to go through fallout new vegas , never got far into it after playing through fallout 3, anyone know any good musth ave mods that don't change the game or make it look like a circus visually?

bootski

About to go through fallout new vegas , never got far into it after playing through fallout 3, anyone know any good musth ave mods that don't change the game or make it look like a circus visually?

one of the must haves for me was a run speed increaser. if you weren't in combat or crouched, your run was set to 150% normal. because there's a lot of running. :)

MysticX

was gonna dip on Rage, but already own that one.....jeez....it´s the 3rd time during this sale that I wanted to buy games that I already own.....what does that make me?

and again, can any1 gift me Dark Souls? I´ll trade off something similar in return.

Grief.exe

Picked up both STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl and Clear Sky (already owned Pripyat) after reading that someone here said an IP dispute might make the games end up being removed from the store... not sure if that was a legitimate rumor or not but it gave me an excuse to finally buy them.

You probably, at the very least, should have waited until a couple weeks after the sale.

Sometimes we have little surprises at the end of the sale, or even one day after the sale has ended. Its possible that Sergei heard about the sale, and got in contact with Valve in order to ink a deal.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
just had a thought.

while SEGA are bringing back Dreamcast games on Steam, why not port over seaman?

better yet, port it to iOS and android too.

was gonna dip on Rage, but already own that one.....jeez....it´s the 3rd time during this sale that I wanted to buy games that I already own.....what does that make me?

I've, luckily, not done that yet with any games this sale.

I have been a bit confused as to what DLC I've bought for certain games, but I doubt that hardly counts.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
nay.

Publisher really screwed over the original developer. Game isn't that great or updated on a regular basis, though the latter could have changed.

that's a shame what's wrong with it? looks cool on videos, are the shooting mechanics crappy?

Stoze

Wow, The Swapper is really fucking good. Pretty sure I'm almost done with it, but I'm going to hit the hay and finish it tomorrow. I also almost A'd all the operations in Surgeon Sim, working on getting A++.

After I'm done with those, I'll think I'll either start playing SS2 or Bully.

Grief.exe

just had a thought.

while SEGA are bringing back Dreamcast games on Steam, why not port over seaman?

better yet, port it to iOS and android too.

Sega has a lot of great IPs that I want to see ported to the PC, and consoles as well.

Panzer Dragoon Orta
Jet Set Radio Future
Shenmue I/II
Otogi
Skies of Arkadia

Wow, The Swapper is really fucking good. Pretty sure I'm almost done with it, but I'm going to hit the hay and finish it tomorrow. I also almost A'd all the operations in Surgeon Sim, working on getting A++.

After I'm done with those, I'll think I'll either start playing SS2 or Bully.

Mod Guide http://blog.pcgamingwiki.com/modding-guide/821/system-shock-2-steam-modding-guide

Stimpack

Sega has a lot of great IPs that I want to see ported to the PC, and consoles as well.

Panzer Dragoon Orta
Jet Set Radio Future
Shenmue I/II
Otogi
Skies of Arkadia

That's a good list. Don't hear people say much of anything about Skies of Arkadia very often.

Holy shit, Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion looks amazing.

It does look pretty decent. I've heard of it, but never played it. Anyone know how it stands against something like Sword of the Stars?

feel

If someone else recently bought System Shock 2 and wants to make it look a bit less dated yet somewhat faithful to the original look without wasting time googling and testing a bunch of different mods, I found this this very nice pack posted on SPUF that collects a good amount of great ones into a single download easy to install, results are fantastic.

http://neutralx2.com/2013/07/14/system-shock-2-mod-pack

wetflame

Pizza Dog
In the UK so it's early morning here, missed out on the last 8 hours or so of discussion. Everyone got Bastion for the ridiculously cheap price it's at, right?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Dicking around with the trading cards stuff and it is just so weird.

I got 10 cents out of it though. Yay?

edit: 40 cents now.

This vote...can't stand the tension.

1295goxmh.jpg

Beelzebubs

And it's Warframe. Marvel Heroes did better than I expected though which is good to see. The development team have been amazing as of late.

Arthea

In the UK so it's early morning here, missed out on the last 8 hours or so of discussion. Everyone got Bastion for the ridiculously cheap price it's at, right?

I think most people already had Bastion, but if they didn't this time had to seal the deal!

Fallen Enchantress does look great. If only it was cheaper, and before gog summer sale. (><)
It's still hard to resist.

OMG Warframe won!
It had to, people aren't fast to vote for -50%, it seems

Stoze

It's nice to wake up in the morning and see that people are still asking for SS2 modding guide. :D

I didn't ask for it :p.

I've already seen it before, and honestly I think I might just play it without mods. I played Deus Ex last year without mods and it didn't bother me at all. Also I think the NPC models are kinda lame looking in Rebirth. If there's any gameplay fixing type mods I should get, then let me know.

I've seen people saying to play it without the music, but does it really make that much of a difference?

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I think most people already had Bastion, but if they didn't this time had to seal the deal!

Fallen Enchantress does look great. If only it was cheaper, and before gog summer sale. (><)
It's still hard to resist.

Fallen enchantress isn't on GOG though?

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
If someone else recently bought System Shock 2 and wants to make it look a bit less dated yet somewhat faithful to the original look without wasting time googling and testing a bunch of different mods, I found this this very nice pack posted on SPUF that collects a good amount of great ones into a single download easy to install, results are fantastic.

This is very kind of you to do Letters. Thank you.

Now watch as Salsa fails to add it to the OP so everyone can benefit.

Copons

That's a good list. Don't hear people say much of anything about Skies of Arkadia very often.

SoA is maybe my favorite JRPG ever.

It had a lame combat system with an awful random encounter rate (which it was a bit corrected on GC release), that's true.

But you can explore a huge world, full of details and stuff to discover, and everything put together a great background and a great story.

The plot is a bit cliché, but it's perfectly paced, and at times you just don't give a fuck to play the usual "save girl from guy who want to destroy world", because who cares, it's a trope and this game knows how to amazingly exploit it.

In addition, you get my favorite part ever in every games: to upgrade your ship and to build and upgrade your hideout, recruiting people and buying components.

Thanks, will give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom