• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Dirt 3 have Games for Windows DRM?
I bought it anyway, but Dirt2 stopped working for me because of some DRM rubbish related to Games for Windows. I didn't even complete the game :(

Echoplx

So where are the Steam keys? I don't see them anywhere.

EDIT: Not even google is helping.... :/ Are they hidden or something?

EDIT2: Help, please. I've got a lot of stuff to do. I tried looking everywhere, but I cant find an option to view my keys anywhere.

What are you even talking about? What keys? How do we help you if we have no idea what you're talking about?

Salsa

Dirt 3 is where it finally happened for me and GFWL 'corrupted' my save and made me lose all progress back when it came out

yeah

The_Monk

Did everyone got Civ IV some days ago, because I did not and I own CivV, was there something you had to do? Like pre-ordered Civ V back in the day or get some DLC? Because I bought in recent times (2 months ago probably).

Thanks in advance fellow GAFfers.

Did everyone got Civ IV some days ago, because I did not and I own CivV, was there something you had to do? Like pre-ordered Civ V back in the day or get some DLC? Because I bought in recent times (2 months ago probably).

You would only get Civ 4 if you pre-ordered the new Civ 5 expansion.

It was for people who purchased the new DLC expansion. It was not supposed to go on sale so soon after release.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I've never used Steam before man. I was under the impression I needed Steam keys to be able to giveaway games.

Nevermind though, shit.

You do, or you can give away games that are in your inventory, but you can't give away games that you've bought in the store for yourself or redeemed from elsewhere. If it's playable in your account you won't be able to give it away.

Firebrand

Does Dirt 3 have Games for Windows DRM?
I bought it anyway, but Dirt2 stopped working for me because of some DRM rubbish related to Games for Windows. I didn't even complete the game :(
Might have SecuROM as well, at least the SecuROM tool found "Dirt 3" when I ran it. Don't know why though, might be related to the disc version or something.

I think you had to buy the latest expansion pack at full price before it was erroneously put on sale a few days ago. A bit of a sorry to the community who were aggrieved at the price drop so soon.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I think you had to buy the latest expansion pack at full price before it was erroneously put on sale a few days ago. A bit of a sorry to the community who were aggrieved at the price drop so soon.

It was given to those who'd pre-purchased BNW.

mclem

hmmm... so I bought antichamber and dirt 3 about an hour ago and that purchase should have dropped 2 summer cards but they still haven't dropped. Have any of you ever had this problem?

Things seem very delayed at the moment with card handouts. I wouldn't worry *just* yet, but if another hour or two goes past with no sign, might be worth double-checking.

I've got a couple of cards in limbo myself at the moment.

Dec

Dirt 3 is where it finally happened for me and GFWL 'corrupted' my save and made me lose all progress back when it came out

yeah

Yep. Lost my 24 hour Dirt 2 save and my 2 hour from completion Arkham Asylum save. Just didn't show up when I loaded them up one day.

Many other problems but GFWL's shitty-ness is already well documented.

Caerith

Can I forget the existence of Orcs Must Die!, and just buy the second one?
You could forget its existence, but then you'd be confused all the time when you see it in your library and are like "why did they call it OMD 2 I don't remember there being a first game."

But overall, no, it's not like how you could forget L4D if you got L4D2. OMD2 is a direct sequel, so if you care about the story and spoilers you'd need to play OMD1 first. If you just care about gameplay, although OMD2 does let you play some OMD1 levels, OMD1 still has a lot of unique levels (and its DLC adds some interesting challenges).

KiDdYoNe

Well, since Salsa told me one way to do stuff, if anyone (LOL) wants some russian prices, write me PM.

btw Salsa, you can also add me into first post.

and yeah, about boosters. Got second (third?) yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom