• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I voted for Risen 2 because someone here said that we should. My vote is easily bought when I don't care for any of the options.

Papytendo

When was the last time you guys got trading card boosters?

I haven't gotten one since the day before the steam sale began ;___;
I haven't gotten one ever. Or a foil. How do you know when you got a booster anyway?
I've yet to reach such a tipping point. GFWL has been nothing but kind to me.
Yeah, I feel like it's no problem whatsoever to people who have actually had a Xbox 360 and used it, but it's so troublesome to everyone else.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Wondering whether to get Arkham Asylum on the cheap and then sell off my PS3 copy. But then I probably won't play through it again, so there's not really much point.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Amen. I feel like it's no problem whatsoever to people who have actually had a Xbox 360 and used it, but it's so troublesome to everyone else.

Oh, I own and have used an X360, it's just that the usual issues with GFWL have yet to rear their heads at my end: I've had no issues with client updating, save corruption, etc.

derFeef

I haven't gotten one ever. Or a foil. How do you know when you got a booster anyway?
Yeah, I feel like it's no problem whatsoever to people who have actually had a Xbox 360 and used it, but it's so troublesome to everyone else.

It has nothing to do with that, but I have had zero problems with GFWL up to I upgraded to Win8 - and then only in Dark Souls.

Papytendo

Oh, I own and have used an X360, it's just that the usual issues with GFWL have yet to rear their heads at my end: I've had no issues with client updating, save corruption, etc.
That's what I attempted to say, not really sure what I said. I'll take that as a cue to go to sleep.

Double

Well, since Salsa told me one way to do stuff, if anyone (LOL) wants some russian prices, write me PM.

btw Salsa, you can also add me into first post.

and yeah, about boosters. Got second (third?) yesterday.
Man those prices seem tasty. Are there definitely not gonna be some Special Gaben Ops at my door afterwards? =)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I've never had a problem with GFWL. The issue has always been about what happens when they turn it off.

GFWL as a service would be quite easy for Microsoft to maintain. Despite Grief's, frankly, rather wild assumptions to the contrary, there is nothing to suggest the service itself is going the way of the dodo -- no, GFWL as DRM being left in the cold doesn't count.

kafiend

It's just that people who already have the Xbox Live account ready, for some magical reason have less problems than those who don't.

Apart from peple like me that do have a Xbox Live account and still have nothing but trouble with GFWL.

Somehow I ended up with 2 accounts in the same name with the same email address but with different passwords. I can change the passwords on both accounts but at different times and it seems in sequence. This is not an online/offline different account thing BTW.
When I change my password, one has my new just changed password and one always has the previous password.
Its killed game saves on several occasions, been a PITA on Windows 8, made me bang my head against walls trying to get it to run games via a junction point to my SSD. It can die in a fire soon I hope.

It's just like an item. It tells you that you've got it in your inventory.

Martian

How is Expidition:Conquistador?
Looks interesting, but i have never heard of it.
Also if I have like 10 bucks left, would Antichamber be worth it?

ZenaxPure

Damn, I want two of those games. How are D3 and CiM2?

I bought CiM2, only played about 30 minutes so far but I am really digging it. The UI is really great and does an amazing job at conveying all the information I want to know (at the start anyway, can't speak how that progresses as I expand and stuff). There is a pretty good tutorial to get you started as well. Seems like there is a lot of things you can tinker with too.

Back to playing it now though!

The other issue has been with save game corruption and all the other completely legitimate and quite serious problems GFWL causes for many, many people.

Yeah not arguing about that, just speaking personally. I've lost way more saves from the walking dead for example.

Steam question but unrelated to the sale: Are there any good western rpg's similar to Mass Effect or Fallout on steam that hasnt made it to the consoles?

Dec

The other issue has been with save game corruption and all the other completely legitimate and quite serious problems GFWL causes for many, many people.

There are negatives to GFWL that every single user experiences. Patches have to run through 6-12 business days of MS cert, and also cost money.

Really hurts multiplayer games, which is why a lot of them switched off.

Salsa

Steam question but unrelated to the sale: Are there any good western rpg's similar to Mass Effect or Fallout on steam that hasnt made it to the consoles?

KOTOR 1&2? I mean they were in the original XBOX, but there's a big chance you didnt play em

edit: I mostly responded as a recommendation but I guess you're asking for no particular reason?

Should I get the Dungeons of Dredmore DLC? I played a few hours the game and found it interesting though quite difficult depending on the randomization.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I bought CiM2, only played about 30 minutes so far but I am really digging it. The UI is really great and does an amazing job at conveying all the information I want to know (at the start anyway, can't speak how that progresses as I expand and stuff). There is a pretty good tutorial to get you started as well. Seems like there is a lot of things you can tinker with too.

Back to playing it now though!

I brought the first one and I played it a lot, but some stuff really bugged me. Are you finding it hard to turn a profit? Are there always 1k+ ppl waiting for buses/trains?

Thanks for your input.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I finally accumulated enough money to buy a $20 Steam wallet card!

Speaking of which, does anyone know the details on the GameStop promotion when you trade stuff towards a steam card? Saw it on steam news thing but x'd it before I could read it.

So, Dark Souls has been #1 of the best-selling titles for a few hours now.

Does anybody here has an idea of how many copies sold it means ? I still have hopes for my GOTGen to reach 10M one day :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom