• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZenaxPure

I brought the first one and I played it a lot, but some stuff really bugged me. Are you finding it hard to turn a profit? Are there always 1k+ ppl waiting for buses/trains?

Thanks for your input.

Not really sure yet, haven't put enough time into the game to tell one way or another. I will say though for people waiting in line you are able to create more than one bus per route and choose what length of time they wait to cycle through. No idea if you could do that in the first but so far early in the game using that has helped with lines.

Should I get the Dungeons of Dredmore DLC? I played a few hours the game and found it interesting though quite difficult depending on the randomization.

Wizarlands can make the game a bit easier if you look up codes list for good loot. Can't comment on the Diggles DLC though, I sank 30hrs into the game and I never made it past half the floors D:.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Deus Ex: Human Revolution, current daily. Check Toma's thread if you want to go indie.
Alan Wake and System Shock 2 unless you already own them. Otherwise I'm going to throw in another The Void recommendation, incredibly unique game and one certainly not going below the $2.50 it currently costs.

Already have those. And not big on adventure games though :(

Dec

Already have those. And not big on adventure games though :(

Puzzle Quest 1/2, Puzzle Kingdoms, Puzzler World 2 have a ton of gameplay for cheap if you like that kind of stuff.

Puzzler World is a stretch probably, but I'm sucker for Sudoku puzzles, and it has achievements.

Nymphae

Banned
I am so happy, I finally upgraded my internet to unlimited bandwidth so now I can finally go nuts and just download everything I want to play.

Bought Alan Wake franchise & Dark Souls for $11.50! Downloading now :) I'm in a decent mood so will probably gift something half decent today to you good people.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So, Dark Souls has been #1 of the best-selling titles for a few hours now.

Does anybody here has an idea of how many copies sold it means ? I still have hopes for my GOTGen to reach 10M one day :)

It's not going to be 10mn, but it's a lot. I hope this teaches namco the amount of revenue they can earn by being on steam, even just from the sales.

Boss Doggie

I think the Summer Sale cards will go up in price in the future, so holding onto mine.

Oh summer cards being hold yeah. I was talking about the typical ones.
Puzzle Quest 1/2, Puzzle Kingdoms, Puzzler World 2 have a ton of gameplay for cheap if you like that kind of stuff.

Puzzler World is a stretch probably, but I'm sucker for Sudoku puzzles, and it has achievements.

I disagree on Puzzle series. My experience on the PSP game made me loathe it.

I had one around the time that Left 4 Dead 2 had that free weekend, nothing since then. Are people not crafting badges anymore?

Essentially:

1 - Create a system where it's more attractive for 99% of the userbase to sell a trading card rather than craft a badge

2 - Only give a booster pack out when a badge is crafted by another user

3 - ?????

4 - Profit?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
BTW, not necessarily summer sale related, but does anyone have a guide on drakengard's battles? I got it and I have no idea how to not die, even when I'm just fighting boars.

BibiMaghoo

This is not worthy of a thread, but for UK Gaffers:

GAME are giving an extra 25% trade in value towards steam wallet cards while the sale is on. I took four old games down yesterday, and got £25. So an extra £5 credit because of the deal.

If you have a load of old games to trade on any platform, and want to spend money on the sales, go get a trading. It was worth it for the extra.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Essentially:

1 - Create a system where it's more attractive for 99% of the userbase to sell a trading card rather than craft a badge

2 - Only give a booster pack out when a badge is crafted by another user

3 - ?????

4 - Profit?
It's weird though, because somebody must be buying the cards, I guess it's a case of there being more games with cards than ones you want to craft badges for.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I had one around the time that Left 4 Dead 2 had that free weekend, nothing since then. Are people not crafting badges anymore?

Bear in mind that the Summer Sale has only been running for a week (give a few hours). If anything, more people are crafting badges due to the market crash the sale engendered.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
To everyone who reccomended Torchlight II and said "just do it!", I thank you. What a delightfull click-fest :D

I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with the genre, but this one's defenitely in the love category. Looks beautifull, too.

I think the Summer Sale cards will go up in price in the future, so holding onto mine.

I was thinking so as well, but there's already 20k+ (per card) available in the market, and somehow I don't think there will ever be a market to actively want them. I could be wrong though and they will start becoming rarer after the sale ends anyway, so yeah, it could happen.

With Dirt 3 on flash, that's a franchise sale, too, right? I'm looking at Showdown for 75% off.

Does anyone have any impressions of Showdown? I want a better demolition derby than my current go-to, Flatout Ultimate Carnage. Still, reviews of the game are pretty mixed.

It's weird though, because somebody must be buying the cards, I guess it's a case of there being more games with cards than ones you want to craft badges for.

I honestly think that the people buying the cards are speculators and people who think they're being super clever and somehow beating the system by selling a card for a few cents more than they purchased it for.

Valve won't give two shits because they are making money every time that happens, and with the speed that cards are getting snapped up, there's a clear revenue stream of pure profit going into Gabe's back pocket 24-7 at the moment.

So I think we essentially have four groups here:

1 - Those who are attempting to craft badges
2 - Those who just see the cards as a distraction and sell them ASAP for Steam moon money
3 - Those who are buying every card they see to speculate against
4 - Those who are flipping cards to make profits on the margins

Ultimately, I can see the whole thing tanking, which instantly takes care of 3 and 4. 2 will be relatively unaffected, and 1 will be able to get on with their crafting. Maybe then, booster drops will increase.

Double D

Shout out to whoever mentioned they were selling their DmC cards for decent prices. I let it run overnight and made decent money off my drops.

I was thinking so as well, but there's already 20k+ (per card) available in the market, and somehow I don't think there will ever be a market to actively want them. I could be wrong though and they will start becoming rarer after the sale ends anyway, so yeah, it could happen.

Exactly what I've been doin, too. I bought the missing cards for my badge yesterday as the prices have been static for some days now, and I plan to keep the few next ones I will get and see if I can speculate on the Steam market with them after the sales have ended :)

It's not going to be 10mn, but it's a lot. I hope this teaches namco the amount of revenue they can earn by being on steam, even just from the sales.

Let's keep our fingers crossed, then.
I want to see Armored Core on Steam one day :)

Boss Doggie

I managed to get back to 5 bucks!

Holy shit. I never believed the adage of "every cent eventually becomes a buck" since in my country cents are useless, but holy shit, Steam cards made me love it.

Could you elaborate?! Want to pick up Quest 2, but still on the fence.

AI cheating.

Also the RNG.

It's dead for good. ;(

awww

Apparently both Nexuiz and Homefront are removed from Steam store.

Oh? Aren't they additions last year?

Someone needs to start a thread listing every game that got removed from Steam, with the reasons why and alternative (legitimate) download locations.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
why is it cheaper to grab deus ex titles individually than the bundle? $11.59 for 3 games with DLC while the bundle cost like $20 with the same stuffs, lol

KOTOR 1&2? I mean they were in the original XBOX, but there's a big chance you didnt play em

edit: I mostly responded as a recommendation but I guess you're asking for no particular reason?

It just so happens I have KOTOR. I haven't gotten around to it yet though.

And I'm only asking just because I'm in the mood for something like that and haven't been following gaming PC too closely lately. Just wanted to make sure I'm not missing anything.

Milamber

Someone needs to start a thread listing every game that got removed from Steam, with the reasons why and alternative (legitimate) download locations.
Maybe they should...
The following is a comprehensive list of any and all games, known to have been removed from sale from the Steam store. This includes all the region specific Steam stores.

Games no longer sold on Steam:
2XL Supercross
4x4 Hummer
007 Legends
1701 A.D.: Gold Edition
1701 A.D.: Sunken Dragon
Achtung Panzer - Kharkov 1943
A Farewell to Dragons
Agatha Christie: And then there were None
Agatha Christie: Evil under the Sun
Agatha Christie: Murder on the Orient Express
Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures
Age of Conan: Rise of the Godslayer
Aion Collectors Edition
Alien Shooter: Vengeance
All Points Bulletin (replaced by APB Reloaded)
Ancient Wars: Sparta
Anno 1404
Anno 1404: Venice
Ashes Cricket 2009
Atari: 80 Classic Games in One!
Attack on Pearl Harbor
Baseball Mogul 2008
Baseball Mogul 2009
Batman: Arkham Asylum (superseded by Batman: Arkham Asylum Game of the Year Edition)
Batman: Arkham City (superseded by Batman: Arkham City - Game of the Year Edition)
BattleForge
Battleship
Beijing 2008
Big Kahuna Reef
Blood Bowl: Dark Elves Edition
Blur
Boggle
BREACH
Brian Lara International Cricket 2007
Chessmaster Challenge
Chessmaster: Grandmaster Edition
Cities XL - Regular Edition [2013]
Cities XL - Limited Edition [2013]
Cities XL 2012 [2013]
City of Heroes: Architect Edition
City of Heroes: Going Rogue
City Life
City Life Deluxe
Classic Car Racing
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Commandos: Strike Force
Crasher
Crimecraft: BLEEDOUT
CrimeCraft: Premium Edition
Crimecraft: Standard Edition
Cryostasis
Crysis 2 (superseded by Crysis 2 - Maximum Edition)
Dawn of Discovery
Dawn of Discovery - Venice
Demolition Company
Descent: FreeSpace - The Great War
DiRT
Divinity II - The Dragon Knight Saga (superseded by Divinity II: Developer's Cut)
Dragon Age II
Elf Bowling: Hawaiian Vacation
Empires: Dawn of the Modern World
Emergency 2012
Enemy Territory: Quake Wars
Engine Driver: Drive a Steam Train
EverQuest: House of Thule
EverQuest: Secrets of Faydwer
EverQuest: Seeds of Destruction
EverQuest: Underfoot
EverQuest: Underfoot - Raging Mercenaries
EverQuest II: Rise of Kunark
EverQuest II: Sentinel's Fate
EverQuest II: The Shadow Odyssey
Fairway Solitaire
Family Feud
Family Feud 2
Family Feud 3: Dream Home
Family Feud 4
Fetch It Again
FIFA Manager 09
FIFA Manager 10
FIFA Manager 11
FINAL FANTASY XI (superseded by FINAL FANTASY XI Ultimate Collection - Abyssea Edition)
FINAL FANTASY XI Ultimate Collection - Abyssea Edition (superseded by FINAL FANTASY® XI: Ultimate Collection - Seekers Edition)
Football Manager 2008
Football Manager 2009
Football Manager 2010
Football Manager 2011
Football Manager 2012
Football Manager Live
Fray: Reloaded Edition [2013]
Frontlines: Fuel of War
Full Pipe
Full Spectrum Warrior
Full Spectrum Warrior: Ten Hammers
Futbol Manager 2008
Gemsweeper
Ghostbusters: The Video Game
GM Rally
The Godfather 2
Gods & Heroes: Rome Rising
Gotham City Impostors (replaced by Gotham City Impostors Free to Play)
Grey's Anatomy: The Video Game
GTI Racing
Happy Tree Friends: False Alarm
Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge
Horrid Henry [2013]
i'm not alone
IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946
Indigo Prophecy
Infernal
Iron Man
James Bond: Blood Stone
James Cameron’s Avatar: The Game
John Deere: Drive Green
Jojo's Fashion Show
Jojo's Fashion Show 2
Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights
Legends of Pegasus
Lineage
Lineage II: The Chaotic Throne
Lost: Via Domus
Mafia
Miss Popularity
Money Tree
MotoGP 08 [2013]
MotorM4X: Offroad Extreme
Neopets: Puzzle Adventure
Neverwinter Nights 2: Platinum
Officers: World War II
OutRun 2006: Coast 2 Coast
Pacific Fighters
Paws & Claws: Pampered Pets
Paws & Claws: Pet School
Paws & Claws: Pet Vet
Penguins' Journey
Pirates of the Burning Sea
Portal 2 Sixense MotionPack DLC [2013]
Prey
Pride of Nations [2013]
Puzzlegeddon
Quantum of Solace
Raven Squad
Red Bull X-Fighters [2013]
Ricochet: Lost Worlds
Ricochet Infinity
RIFT [May 2013]
Rise of Prussia [2013]
Risk
Risk II
Sacred 2: Fallen Angel (superseded by Sacred 2 Gold)
Saw
Second Sight
Sega Rally
SEGA Rally Revo
Shattered Horizon: Arconauts
Shattered Suns
Shaun White Snowboarding
Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened (superseded by Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened - Remastered Edition)
Shrek Forever After [May 2013]
Sid Meier's Railroads!
Simplz Zoo
Smashing Toys
Soldier of Fortune: Payback
Soldiers: Heroes of World War II
Space Rangers
Space Rangers 2: Reboot
Speedball 2: Tournament
SpellForce 2: Dragon Storm / SpellForce 2: Shadow Wars (superseded by Spellforce 2: Gold Edition)
Stalin vs. Martians
Stargate Resistance
Star Wars Galaxies
Stronghold Crusader Extreme (superseded by The Stronghold Collection)
Stubbs the Zombie in Rebel Without a Pulse
Supreme Ruler 2020: Gold
Sword of the Stars / Sword of the Stars: Argos Naval Yard Expansion (superseded by Sword of the Stars: Complete Collection)
Take Command: Second Manassas
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (aka: TMNT The Video Game)
Terminator Salvation
The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena [April 2013]
The Godfather
The Golden Compass
The History Channel: Battle for the Pacific
The History Channel: Civil War - A Nation Divided
The Incredible Hulk: The Official Videogame
The Movies / The Movies: Stunts and Effects
The Office
The Scourge Project: Episode 1 and 2
The Settlers 7: Paths to a Kingdom (superseded by The Settlers 7: Paths to a Kingdom - Deluxe Gold Edition)
The Settlers: Rise of an Empire (superseded by The Settlers: Rise Of An Empire Gold Edition)
The War Z (returned 27/02/2013) (renamed to Infestation: Survivor Stories)
ToCA Race Driver 3
Top Spin 2
Trainz 2009: Railroad Simulator
Trainz Classics: 1st & 2nd Edition
Trainz Classics: Volume 3
Trainz Simulator 2010: Engineers Edition
Transcripted [January 2013]
Turning Point: Fall of Liberty
Two Worlds (superseded by Two Worlds Epic Edition)
UFO: Afterlight
Vancouver 2010: The Official Video Game of the Olympic Winter Games
Vanguard: Saga of Heroes
Wanted: Weapons of Fate
Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning [2013]
Wheelman
Wik and the Fable of Souls
Wild Metal Country
Wolfenstein [2012]
Worldwide Soccer Manager 2008
Worldwide Soccer Manager 2009
Xpand Rally
Zombie Driver (superseded by Zombie Driver HD) [2012]
Zuma's Revenge! - Adventure

Programs no longer sold on Steam:
ArtRage Studio Pro (aka ArtRage 3) (superseded by Art Rage 4) [2013]

Hardware no longer sold on Steam:
Razer Hydra PC Gaming Motion Sensing Controller (Ref 1, Ref 2) [2013]

Boss Doggie

I wonder why Railroads! was taken off. I still have it in Steam... if the game is removed you can't install it anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom