• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOA

ok, now we're 3 ppl:
1. DOA
2. Wynnebeck
3. jet1911

one more and it's a go!

only 7.5$ instead of 10$

I know there's another one... :)
Sure if there's still a space available :) Drop me a PM with your paypal and I'll get it sorted after work (just over 3 hours). My Steam name is in my GAF profile. Was going to hold off but at that price...screw it!

ok, we got 4 right now:
1. DOA
2. Wynnebeck
3. jet1911
4. Lucifon

i'll PM you right now

Prophane33

Any chance to see Lost Planet 2 as a daily or flash?
irj2c2ZdMgbqu.gif

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'll watch that when I get home tonight, thanks.

I'll give you an honest answer.

It's a game in which you play a mysterious law enforcement agent who's been sent to a small town to investigate some crimes.

The narrative is just strange and clever enough to stand above the poor gameplay in the actual game and is heavily influenced by Twin Peaks (not a story spoiler, don't worry). Don't go in expecting it to be as fun to play as Sleeping Dogs, but go in expecting to go 'WWWWWHHHHAAAAATTTT?!' and you'll have a great time.
I never watched Twin Peaks and don't think I ever will, so I don't really mind spoilers about it :p

So it's kinda similar to The Walking Dead then, as in story and experience over gameplay? I'm fine with that.

'I just bought the Dirt Pack' sounds like a euphemism for death.

"Hey what happened to your crazy cousin who liked riding motorcycles while doing pushups?"

"He bought the Dirt Pack a few months back."

Sounds easier to explain compared to purchasing The Swapper.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
...and I reached 10usd by selling cards I still have 3 pages of them.

So uh, how long is Summer sales again?

Jonm1010

Banned
So is the dirt pack worth it or should I just stick to one particular game from the series?

2 has the best reviews and showdown seems to be mediocre to bad based on reviews. Thoughts??

Torraz

I'll watch that when I get home tonight, thanks.

I never watched Twin Peaks and don't think I ever will, so I don't really mind spoilers about it :p

So it's kinda similar to The Walking Dead then, as in story and experience over gameplay? I'm fine with that.

There's quite a bit of gameplay. It's just not that good.

If you can tolerate that, and enjoy the game in spite of its flaws, you should have a very unique experience.

...and I reached 10usd by selling cards I still have 3 pages of them.

So uh, how long is Summer sales again?

Ends 22 of July, I think.

So is the dirt pack worth it or should I just stick to one particular game from the series?

2 has the best reviews and showdown seems to be mediocre to bad based on reviews. Thoughts??

Either just get 2 or get 2 and 3. Both 2 and 3 are really good, I'd argue that 3's slightly better but that's mostly down to personal preference, I prefer the point-to-point/rally events and 3 has a lot more of them, and it has less of a frat boy/music festival-ish presentation to it, but a lot of people prefer 2 for other reasons, it has a bit more event variety and doesn't have Gymkhana events, which are kinda a pain in 3. If you're gonna get one, get 2, then if you like it get 3 because it's pretty similar, but you can't go wrong with either. Just don't buy Showdown.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
'I just bought the Dirt Pack' sounds like a euphemism for death.

"Hey what happened to your crazy cousin who liked riding motorcycles while doing pushups?"

"He bought the Dirt Pack a few months back."
Still better than "I bought Dinner Date."

Sullichin

Dayum, I got 30 cents for a Dust: Elysian Tale card. I guess furry fans pay up? ;)
But really that's the most I've gotten from a card. Usually .15-20 cents

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Bought The Secret World. It looked interesting enough back when it was released. No one on my friends list except for one person owns it lol.

smr00

Banned
Bought The Secret World. It looked interesting enough back when it was released. No one on my friends list except for one person owns it lol.
Same boat.

Bought it months back but nobody plays it, i played a few hours and enjoyed what i played but it's the kind of game that is more enjoyable with a friend or multiple friends.

Gvaz

Banned

I'd buy it but I was in the beta and it was boring and i dont want to spend $15 on it.

Same thing with me and guild wars 2, except i thought it was merely OK and didn't want to spend more than $25 on it (which will never happen because it will never be that price until no one is playing it)

Petrie

Banned
Winter sale is more fun. Modbot giveaways are lame, Bingo was way better.

Can't even win Bad Rats. Need to give away something fun, but the "who can get into modbot faster" thing is lame.

Just saw the ad on Steam that is like 50% extra trade-in value a GameStop if you're getting Steam cards. Just imagine all the games if I traded in my iPad I don't really use (if it is included)! I'd get like 600 for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom