• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard that Dirt 3 is worse than Dirt 2, but how bad is it? I really enjoyed Dirt 2, and now I'm wondering if I should buy the third game.

Also, are the menus any less tedious to navigate than the ones in Dirt 2?

I have played both quite a bit and like them both. I am not opposed to the occasional gymkhana event as some people are. 3 actually feels less "bro"-y to me. The menus are a bit easier to use -- they are more abstract and less "real world," but are still fancified and not as fast as they could be. Dirt 3 has weather effects, which is kinda fun. Not sure if they are dynamic or tied to the track.

I'd say go for it, but OTOH I'm not sure Dirt 3 adds that much, so if you are happy with 2, maybe stick with it.

Oh, Dirt 3 question while we're on it. Is it really true that I can't 100% an event group without buying the DLC?? That is really annoying. Not a deal-breaker, but it messes with my OCD.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I was told you don't really need to finish the first one. I got a good grasp on the first game but never finished it.

I also got Dirt 3 for free thanks to AMD, played it for 41 hours according to Steam.

Dirt 2 is better but I still like it a lot (not enough to buy the DLC from GFWL though).

chugen

no need to thanks me

Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Mystery Rats -- MB-6729BAE9C9044713 - Taken by liezryou

Zeliard

Ok. WHAT ARE THE OTHER REASONS????

Just watch it, man. It only ran for 30 episodes, and it's a show that's easy to spoil by revealing even minor details. Consider what a television show would look and feel like if David Lynch created it, and you've got Twin Peaks in all its eerie, menacing wonder (and a significant element of twisted humor). The show's first season in particular is exceptional. Watch the first few episodes on Netflix and see if you jibe with it.

The actual coffee and cherry pie at the cafe in North Bend WA were nowhere near as euphoric. Which is probably why the place burned down in 2000. I blame enraged Japanese tourists.

Illusion shattered!

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Gaben gifted me with a Hotline Miami booster pack which then promptly led me to spend 2 dollars to get a level 5 badge. Well played.

liezryou

Thanks chugen... oh wait god NO WHAT HAVE U DONE?

hHd4MnF.png

Tak3n

Banned
I can not get my head around all the hate on the Steam forums for Ace of Spades, it is £1.74, and it is just good honest fun

marrec

Banned
Ok. WHAT ARE THE OTHER REASONS????

It's an episodic mystery made by David Lynch.

What makes it watchable are mainly three things:

1) All of the characters are fascinating. They act strangely and speak strangely at times, but this generally makes them endearing (not the case for everyone). Most people will say that good characters in any media have to do little things that make them seem more human and unique. David Lynch takes this philosophy and cranks it up to 11, which makes the more normal and human things that the characters do stand out in contrast.

2) The mystery that the show is built around is an actual mystery that leaves you scratching your head most of the time.

3) Those two things alone would make for a great, but quirky TV show. However Lynch brings his own personal style to the proceedings by just generally inserting strange and strongly supernatural themes and scenes into the show.

Grief.exe

Woke up to find Witcher 2 on sale again.

This is like a sign for me to play and finish the first one already.

Same here. I'm probably going to buy it even though I haven't finished the first one.

I usually recommended to people not to play the first one unless they are a huge fan of 90's PC WRPGs.

The second one is improved and changed so Mich in just about every conceivable way, that its almost a different series.

The plot doesn't even effect too much and you are run through what you need to know.

I love the Witcher 1, but I see why people would get bogged down in that title.

cicero

Just watch it, man. It only ran for 30 episodes, and it's a show that's easy to spoil by revealing even minor details. Consider what a television show would look and feel like if David Lynch created it, and you've got Twin Peaks in all its eerie, menacing wonder (and a significant element of twisted humor). The show's first season in particular is exceptional. Watch the first few episodes on Netflix and see if you jibe with it.

Illusion shattered!
Sorry. :(

If it makes you feel any better, the gas station "vanish" scene from the 1993 movie "The Vanishing" starring Kiefer Sutherland was filmed right down the street, and the local biker element were said to have "vanished" some people too, and the guy I knew who lived there went semi-insane!

Illusion restored!

Grief.exe

I can not get my head around all the hate on the Steam forums for Ace of Spades, it is £1.74, and it is just good honest fun

Its because the publisher really screwed over the developer and then they basically left the game to die.

I don't have the game, but this is what I've picked up.

Ruze789

So far all I've nabbed is Mark of the Ninja and Strike Suit Zero (The Deluxe bundle). Played the first mission in SSZ this morning, enjoyed what I got to play.

Looking at picking up Batman AC today, I really liked AA on my 360.

Also even though I only just got a computer that could game this spring, I signed up for Steam in Sept. 2011. No idea why I signed up then.

Help me Obi-wan... I mean, GAF. I am trying to purchase the Warframe Starter Pack but Steam is encountering an error during the checkout process, when I select my payment method, preventing me from checking out. It says it has failed to initialise my transaction and suggests waiting and trying again. I have done this via the app and the web, encountering the same issue. Never had an issue purchasing before now and I always do so via Paypal.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member

I was set to nab a 4 pack for me and 3 buddies. then everyone was all 'NO ITS AIDS'

looked fun on the vid. reviews pretty much are not good though.

metalshade

You have to watch it. That goes for everyone in this thread.

It's on Netflix streaming.

If nothing else, watch it to see how Dale Cooper makes a cup of black coffee with (or without) a slice of cherry pie or donut seem like the most euphoric thing a person can possibly experience in ten lifetimes. One of the greatest television characters ever.

Netflix is useless in the UK, otherwise I just might.

Unless you disguise it as Gunpoint or Rogue Legacy.

Be aware of the possible adverse effects: your potential death at the hands of an enraged GAFfer.

I can imagine.
I should never have modbot'd the thread title lol.

Prophane33

So far all I've nabbed is Mark of the Ninja and Strike Suit Zero (The Deluxe bundle). Played the first mission in SSZ this morning, enjoyed what I got to play.

Looking at picking up Batman AC today, I really liked AA on my 360.

Also even though I only just got a computer that could game this spring, I signed up for Steam in Sept. 2011. No idea why I signed up then.

I signed up for steam long before I had a gaming computer too around 2009. Didn't get my decent rig until 2011. That way I could have a small but decent library of games when I eventually got one. I didn't buy anything that was too expensive, in fact I think it was free Portal that I signed up for.

antitrop

I want to do this, maybe just the first season. I have no problems getting into old TV shows, I just watched Kolchak The Night Stalker not too long ago.

Remember when Steam used to have giveaways for 10 people winning the top 10 games on their wishlist with the grandprize being 1 person won every game on Steam. Damn what happened with that.

Arthea

Help me Obi-wan... I mean, GAF. I am trying to purchase the Warframe Starter Pack but Steam is encountering an error during the checkout process, when I select my payment method, preventing me from checking out. It says it has failed to initialise my transaction and suggests waiting and trying again. I have done this via the app and the web, encountering the same issue. Never had an issue purchasing before now and I always do so via Paypal.
I had this problem all first day of summer sale. Steam was insisting I should try later. The next day, it finally accepted my money.

Ardvent

I usually recommended to people not to play the first one unless they are a huge fan of 90's PC WRPGs.

The second one is improved and changed so Mich in just about every conceivable way, that its almost a different series.

The plot doesn't even effect too much and you are run through what you need to know.

I love the Witcher 1, but I see why people would get bogged down in that title.

I highly recommend skipping over The Witcher 1 and starting with 2. The tutorial guides you through just about every major plot point and sort of makes the experience a bit more complete. I'm super excited for my second play through with the new combat mod, Vanilla TW2 was sort of a grind in some combat situations, with the mods I had the game felt much more rewarding, but still take it at a pace similar to Dark Souls. Never, ever, enter a fight unprepared, have your magic ready, blade oiled, and traps set in every encounter.

Mugatu

Remember when Steam used to have giveaways for 10 people winning the top 10 games on their wishlist with the grandprize being 1 person won every game on Steam. Damn what happened with that.

I remember - that promo worked great, before that I never used my wishlist now I make sure it always has at least 10 items in it just in case they do that again (I doubt they would though).

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Wait, Strike Suit Zero didn't win the 85% discount?

I was too busy playing Castle Crashers for GAF and forgot to check if it won.

Zeliard

Sorry. :(

If it makes you feel any better, the gas station "vanish" scene from the 1993 movie "The Vanishing" starring Kiefer Sutherland was filmed right down the street, and the local biker element were said to have "vanished" some people too, and the guy I knew who lived there went semi-insane!

Illusion restored!

Yes! I quench myself on their existential misfortune.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom