• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tak3n

Banned
I was set to nab a 4 pack for me and 3 buddies. then everyone was all 'NO ITS AIDS'

looked fun on the vid. reviews pretty much are not good though.

Well I got it, and it is fun, not in a sit on it all day way, but in a lets play zombie mode fun, especially if you get the right mix of players, and there is a real team effort to stay away from the Zombies attacking your building...

The other modes are typical MP mode, but the maps are fun, especially London and the Pirates one....

Real shame it is getting real nastiness on the steam forum, sometimes a little perspective is needed.... it seems all the hate comes from the "server" browsing, and people are angry that they can not browse for servers, and the latest version seems to off change some things players of the old version liked

Grief.exe

Wait, Strike Suit Zero didn't win the 85% discount?

I was too busy playing Castle Crashers for GAF and forgot to check if it won.

Worst case scenario happened and Bastion won the vote.

Awesomenauts or Strike Suit Zero would have been the better choice.

Something happens to the PC community during sale time. The idiots come out.

cicero

Ok. WHAT ARE THE OTHER REASONS????
It was the whole atmosphere surrounding a small isolated town where respectable people are eventually discovered to have double lives, and mysteries and mysterious events are the rule rather than the exception. Where a dark imposing sense of dread is slowly ramped up as the viewer realizes there is a larger battle of light vs darkness affecting people and events. It was quite original, dark, creepy, and unfinished, but it was great.

I thought any new Twin Peaks activity had been long put to death by Lynch, apparently not though. It is comments like this that relentlessly tease Twin Peaks fans.
http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/david-lynch-revisit-twin-peaks/

wetflame

Pizza Dog
New weekly Humble deal in just over 3 hours, wonder if it'll be anything decent? The Telltale Games and Alan Wake ones were great, but there's not been much to tempt me since then. Maybe it'll be another weaker one while the sale's on and taking attention away from Humble.

liezryou

New weekly Humble deal in just over 3 hours, wonder if it'll be anything decent? The Telltale Games and Alan Wake ones were great, but there's not been much to tempt me since then. Maybe it'll be another weaker one while the sale's on and taking attention away from Humble.

The serious sam one was also awesome.

Double

I signed up for steam long before I had a gaming computer too around 2009. Didn't get my decent rig until 2011. That way I could have a small but decent library of games when I eventually got one. I didn't buy anything that was too expensive, in fact I think it was free Portal that I signed up for.
Hah, for me too it was the free Portal which made me sign up. Didn't remember until now.
Back then, I despised the idea of digital games... Now 200 game library.

maty

No longer a junior so... ;)

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

MacGuffin's Curse -- MB-148CC52B6EFA52C2 - Taken by cicero
Alien Zombie Megadeath -- MB-D8FD9608C1AB079E - Taken by drizzle
Intrusion 2 -- MB-57F15EE4769BEB9E - Taken by Demon Lizardman

ill_be_back_terminator.gif

Has Bioshock 2 been on sale and/or might it go on sale again?

This talk of GFWL being stripped out for Steamworks is exciting because I could finally play the Minerva's Den DLC. I'd sell my disc version and just buy it on Steam.

MadSexual

I usually recommended to people not to play the first one unless they are a huge fan of 90's PC WRPGs.

The second one is improved and changed so Mich in just about every conceivable way, that its almost a different series.

The plot doesn't even effect too much and you are run through what you need to know.

I love the Witcher 1, but I see why people would get bogged down in that title.
On the flip side, I've been pushing PC gaming heavily on my roommate. Until recently, his earliest experience with wrpgs was Oblivion on Xbox. He started playing The Witcher 1 and is more immersed than I've ever seen him. The game is about 40 hours max, and he's at nearly 60 and hasn't even made it to the last chapter!

Dilly

Banned
Return to a proper Rally game with a focus on actual driving (Also some Gymkhana events). UI wise, none of the stupid 'xtreme trailer park'. Just a clean menu system.

Uhm.

Small return to a proper rally game. It doesn't hold up with true proper rally content like Dirt 1.

Everybody caught voting for things other than Crusader Kings II will be permed.

Also, everybody should Greenlight Deadly Premonition, or else.

My hair is too short to get a perm but thanks for offering to pay for my barber fee. It's normally £10 so if you gift me something equivalent to that from my wish list we'll call it quits, okay?

i already has voted for DP so ner ner ner ner ner.

Someone beat you to it, but still appreciated!

This one is worth a look too [and is the one I use]:

http://www.stefanjones.ca/steam/

I could modbot my badrats, but I really don't think it would ever be claimed.

Hi!

cicero

Remember when Steam used to have giveaways for 10 people winning the top 10 games on their wishlist with the grandprize being 1 person won every game on Steam. Damn what happened with that.

Actually, I never stopped monitoring and pruning my wishlist ever since then. Always there has been the possibility that something "special" might happen and the top 10-20 games on my wishlist would be my potential reward. I keep hearing a Pavlov's dog bell ring and I start to drool, but nothing is really ringing. :(

Ruze789

I signed up for steam long before I had a gaming computer too around 2009. Didn't get my decent rig until 2011. That way I could have a small but decent library of games when I eventually got one. I didn't buy anything that was too expensive, in fact I think it was free Portal that I signed up for.

I can't find any reason I signed up though, I had no games purchased and no friends or content on my profile. Just decided out of the blue to create an account and I'm not sure whether I logged in again until I got my new laptop. Just strange.

I felt the urge to give back after winning my first game on my first attempt (Hotline Miami) - although I have tried many more times after with no luck!

Anyways here is my first give a way. Enjoy.

Didnt mean to make it a mystery giveaway, so the game is actually Afterfall Insanity - Dirty Arena Edition

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot recently [since the start of beta testing for ModBot], you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-EDE3CA669697DDE1 - Taken by adaen

cicero

You should buy the current Weekly Bundle if you don't already own those Spiderweb Software RPGs. It simply is the best value for your money I have seen this entire Summer Sale period. Hundreds of hours of classic quality RPGing for $4.70ish. Even if you only get the available games for the $1 cost that includes Steam keys, what is being offered is great.

http://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

antitrop

Oh my God, I'm so glad I went back a few pages.
Oh my God, yes please. I've never played this. I NEED TO.

“It’s pretty close to perfect” – 10/10, Destructoid

“… a uniquely unforgettable experience” – IGN

That Sterling score gets me every time.

AlexBasch

Dark Souls won't load for me. An error message doesn't even pop up.

Thanks GFWL...
Haven't had issues with GFWL on Fallout 3, Batman or GTA IV, but it would be really cool to get rid of that once and for all. :|

-----

I'd totally get Deadly Premonition on a winter sale. :D

mclem

Yay, a Tomb Raider card. Two to go!

Edit: And I got a duplicate emoticon out of the craft. 'yay'. Although I've found that I've got one uncommon (Tomb Raider) and one rare (Prison Architect) background, so I guess that's something!

drizzle

Axel Hertz
You should buy the current Weekly Bundle if you don't already own those Spiderweb Software RPGs. It simply is the best value for your money I have seen this entire Summer Sale period. Hundreds of hours of classic quality RPGing for $4.70ish. Even if you only get the available games for the $1 cost that includes Steam keys, what is being offered is great.

http://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

I hate isometric old school rpgs.

I'm thinking about buying this bundle.

What is wrong with me?

HoosTrax

What's the deal with Deadly Premonitions?

First I've heard of it (although I recall a GAF'er with an avatar from it). Looks vaguely reminiscent of Alan Wake, and I don't just mean the unnatural obsession with coffee.

Grief.exe

Has Bioshock 2 been on sale and/or might it go on sale again?

This talk of GFWL being stripped out for Steamworks is exciting because I could finally play the Minerva's Den DLC. I'd sell my disc version and just buy it on Steam.

Put Minerva's Den on Steaaaaaaaaammm, please.

They update the Minerva's Den registry entry last night and tied it to the BioShock 2 entry with purchasing options.

I almost want to make a new thread about its imminent release, but I already have a thread going about the BioShock 2 and Batman:AA/AC Steamworks conversion.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=619976

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom