• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomodachi

These games now have Trading Cards, Emoticons, Profile Backgrounds, and Badges to collect:

Port Royale 3
Cities in Motion 2
MacGuffin's Curse

First time I don't have any of the games :( Then again, very small update.

Prophane33

Picked up Risen. Already have Euro Truck 2 (BUY THIS!), Xcom on PS3 (it was free.), Call of Duty MW3, Magicka, and Isaac (extremely overrated). Do not buy Port Royale 3, it is not as good as the first two.

marrec

Banned
I really don't get the Euro Truck thing... is it just a joke for most people around here? Who is the target audience? It's like those train simulators... I know some people must care for them to exist, but who??

It's like Freelancer without the guns, in Europe.

It's actually a really good game.

Deitus

It's been said a million times. It's very unlikely that we will see a lower price than $11.99 in the current sale. The game was just released and the kickstarter price was $10. I don't think they want to piss off their kickstarter backers by making it so cheap so soon.

I know. But until that "unlikely" becomes "impossible", I will wait until the last day of the sale to pick it up. It's still sad when games like WarZ Infestation get featured instead of games that people actually want.

liezryou

I might pick up Euro Truck Sim eventually, but for $10 it's still out of my interest range. Browsing the screenshots for it and this one just amuses me, "Euro Goodies".

For those of you who want euro truck 2 sim even cheaper for steam wallet, come at me. I can sell it to you for like 7.5$ steam wallet. *Limited until Supplies Last*

I can probably push it down to like 5.5$ or so in a few minutes.

One of the devs has said in here that they wanted to give a deep discount, and Valve wouldn't let them be a part of the sale.

Not sure I buy that. So valve decides the price to set games at?

Well I guess I can see how they only would want a temporary sale on a bigger discount, but the temporary sales are reserved for dailies and flash sale.. and I guess community picks, though I can't imagine what asshole would put Marvel Heroes or some other dumb crap before something awesome like La Mulana.

Hm.

VandalD

I didn't care much for the first one, but was interested in the second, thinking that maybe they've made it better. Thanks for this comment, because now I think I'll avoid it.
TL2 is better than the first game in every way. There's a demo to try out too.

SHarris78

I really don't get the Euro Truck thing... is it just a joke for most people around here? Who is the target audience? It's like those train simulators... I know some people must care for them to exist, but who??

I though exactly the same as you..........then I tried the demo.........then I bought the full game. Give the demo a go, see what you think.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Is Magicka worth getting if I'd play by myself?

And those quoting me on XCOM, I posted that before the prices were fixed. Wasn't thinking.

Whools

Makes me angry seeing War Z, a game that epitomises everything wrong with video games get on the front page. expected no less, but still...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom