• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 144138

Unconfirmed Member
Picked up Garry's Mod!

No idea what to expect though

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Sang-Froid looks great in videos and has high reviews but no one seems to have played it. Can I get a review from a GAFfer who has played it (in English or French, I'm about 90% likely to buy it just to support Quebec developers)

Gbraga

So, GAF, never played any Risen games, should I get one of them? Does Risen 1 offer controller support? I'm very interested in Tales of Werewolves as well, but I'm not really into strategy games, what should I do? :(

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
The updated thread title is all I needed to hear.

(I already have it.)
Hey, so long as when Borderlands 2 goes on sale again we get the thread title changed to reflect that Gearbox is a pack of scam artists, I'll be fine with it.

antitrop

Is Van Helsing really 20gigs? or is the requirements posted wrong?

I'm away for the summer and the computer i'm on barely has 25 gigs free at this point, only reason I ask.

also, was going to finally buy Limbo, its full price? damn wtf is going on there.

Van Helsing is a 8.5GB download.

Probably going to hold out on this round of sales. $20 is still a bit too much for RE 6 and I already have the other games that I would have otherwise bought.

FACE

Banned
Just stop

Game does not require 2GB of RAM. Minimum requirements are bullshit

cmILz7a.png

That's a nice task manager, how do I make mine look like that?

feel

Haha almost bought WarZ, the price was impulse buy range for a DayZ-esque game, but I was wondering why I had never heard of it (Infestation) so I decided to check gaf quick first. Gaf title edit to the rescue once again, thanks mod/admin who did it.

liezryou

For those of you who want euro truck 2 sim even cheaper for steam wallet, come at me. I can sell it to you for like 5.5$ steam wallet.

Price cut to 5.5$ steam wallet. That's almost half of sale price. Since I'm selling for steam wallet you can use your card sale money here, don't need paypal.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Buy Euro Truck Simulator 2! It's awesome.

Don't believe me? Giant Bomb Quicklook

Posting this one more time since the thread is moving so fast.

Yeah, I love Euro Truck Sim 2. One of my go to games when I just want to relax and enjoy myself. I already have 43 hours into it and I'm nowhere near tired of it, at all.

I really don't get the Euro Truck thing... is it just a joke for most people around here? Who is the target audience? It's like those train simulators... I know some people must care for them to exist, but who??

It's a relaxing driving game / big rig simulator mixed with business management. I say relaxing, but sometimes not so much, as when you are hauling an urgent trailer of toxic waste through the pouring rain in the middle of the night, and you are tired and need to sleep but the customer wants their cargo, and you need gas, and yeah I just missed that offramp back there and now I have to quick plan out an alternate route to my destination because you can't just turn around a big rig full of toxic waste in the middle of the highway during a midnight thunderstorm, yeah relaxing mixed in with tense moments, lol.

Hell, I love just parking the damn trucks. The backup beeper does get tiring after too long of hearing it though.

Think the old space game Elite but with trucks, and really good graphics. Like, amazing looking game sometimes.

But not quite as good as Diablo III when price is taken out of the equation.

Somehow controlwise, Blizzard always seems to be ahead of everyone else and from that aspect Diablo III is certainly better. However, for me, the way difficulty is handled in Diablo made Torchlight 2 more enjoyable overall. I don't want to have to play through the content multiple times before the challenge can be increased but that's likely because I'm not a true hardcore action-loot rpg player so I don't typically play the campaigns over and over and over again the way Diablo is designed to be approached.

Yeah, I love Euro Truck Sim 2. One of my go to games when I just want to relax and enjoy myself. I already have 43 hours into it and I'm nowhere near tired of it, at all.

It's a relaxing driving game / big rig simulator mixed with business management. I say relaxing, but sometimes not so much, as when you are hauling an urgent trailer of toxic waste through the pouring rain in the middle of the night, and you are tired and need to sleep but the customer wants their cargo, and you need gas, and yeah I just missed that offramp back there and now I have to quick plan out an alternate route to my destination because you can't just turn around a big rig full of toxic waste in the middle of the highway during a midnight thunderstorm, yeah relaxing mixed in with tense moments, lol.

Hell, I love just parking the damn trucks. The backup beeper does get tiring after too long of hearing it though.

Think the old space game Elite but with trucks, and really good graphics. Like, amazing looking game sometimes.

Watching the quicklook now... you have piqued my interest

antitrop

Somehow controlwise, Blizzard always seems to be ahead of everyone else and from that aspect Diablo III is certainly better. However, for me, the way difficulty is handled in Diablo made Torchlight 2 more enjoyable overall. I don't want to have to play through the content multiple times before the challenge can be increased but that's likely because I'm not a true hardcore action-loot rpg player so I don't typically play the campaigns over and over and over again the way Diablo is designed to be approached.
I only bothered to finish Torchlight II on Normal once. I played Diablo III all the way up to Act 3 Inferno at launch. Obviously wasn't as good as Diablo II, but way better than it will be remembered for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom