• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mugatu

Anyone know if Euro Truck Simulator, the first one, is any good?

I liked the demo for the second but don't want to spend that much if the first game is also good and is a quarter of the price.

Thanks!

liezryou

I'm thinking about getting Infestation just to mess with the people in game. Can you pull zombie trains like in DayZ?

Edit: I know full well how terrible it is. I was there in the thread when it got pulled from steam.

Time to start gifting infestation instead of bad rats. Oh baby.

SHarris78

Is it a daily? Then I'm getting it, since I missed it the last time. Tried the demo the next day and liked it.

I've been tempted to add it to my collection (of games I may never play!) as it looks pretty good, but I don't play those type of games so am unsure whether to bite the bullet or not.

Stimpack

Avadon is distinct. The Avernum games all take place in the same world and there is some continuation in the storyline. Escape from the Pit is a remake of the first Avernum (which in turn was a remake of the first Exile), so that'd be a good place to start.

Ahh. That seems to be the ticket, then. Thanks!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
sadly none of my games seem to have that option available, even the ones I bought retail. Would the keys be stored elsewhere?

The only other option is to install the games and poke around the registry (some games place the key in the registry when installed).

Zia

You know him personally, Zia? Serious question, since you seem to be one of his staunchest defenders around these parts.

I have been involved with and understand how the IGF works, and am defensive because that post is a puddle of nonsensical, liquid shit. If someone posted a similarly constructed conspiracy theory about a platform holder they'd be (rightfully) heckled, but since it's some dude with a big mouth it's like, "Whatever."

Cth

Argh.. got an invite for a survey that would have resulted in $75 worth of Amazon gift cards.

.. didn't qualify :D

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Things that need to go on sale with haste:

Vampire The Masquerade Bloodline
Rouge Legacy
Far Cry Blood Dragon
Splinter Cell Conviction

ok bye thanks steam

Blood Dragon does have a deeper discount. It's only 40% off because Far Cry 3 is 40% off. (Or is it the other way around? :p)

liezryou

Anyone know if Euro Truck Simulator, the first one, is any good?

I liked the demo for the second but don't want to spend that much if the first game is also good and is a quarter of the price.

Thanks!

So since most people seemed to miss this, I'll post this again here: I am selling euro truck simulator 2 for 5.5$ steam wallet. Almost half off the sale price :D.

Brannon

This is a Humble Bundle but worth a post in here. Fifteen Spiderweb RPGs, all with Steam keys:

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

There are only 15 mins left so if you want it, better jump on it quickly. Fun turn-based combat, good character writing, inventive world-building, and great exploration are what these games are generally known for. What usually turns people off are the low-fidelity visuals, but if you can get past that, it's well-worth the experience.

Glad I got this when I did. Avernum: Escape from the Pit is excellent. Ran into a bandit keep, and it wasn't one of those piddly little A-to-B dungeonettes like in Skyrim, but a sprawling hive of scum and villany, and I'm sure it's one of the simpler ones in the game. Got maybe 10-15 hours on it and barely scratched more than a portion of the eastern side of the map. Best thing is that even though the NPCs don't have voices, they say so much more. The Nephilim-obsessed captain is a total bro.

Take a Chance and get this game.

Cth

They told me I could have been a millionaire.

I'm still not a millionaire...

:eyeroll:

It's from a company I regularly get survey invites from and have received about $100 worth of amazon gift cards in the past month or two (in $5 increments)

lmpaler

Vampire The Masquerade Bloodline [Certainly probable]
Rouge Legacy [Too new for a futher discount]
Far Cry Blood Dragon [Too new for a further discount/already discounted pretty heavily considering]
Splinter Cell Conviction [Certainly probable]

Is Bloodline any good? I haven't played Redemption in ages, but it was killer.

D

Deleted member 144138

Unconfirmed Member
wtf????

Bought Wrath of the Lamb DLC for Isaac, start the game and unlock 52 (!) achivements at once!!!

That sucks...

Is Magic Crystals really that bad? It looks like a neat little game at first glance.
To be frank, it's just a game about grinding. You train your horses through various QTE-type minigames that all play identically; hit the floating arrow key with the correct timing. Then you feed 'em, groom 'em, and send them out on quests and events. You'd think they would be interactive in some way but you're presented a pop-up text window giving you completely irrelevant moment-to-moment happenings of the event where the end result tends to be completely different. You get your horse to peak condition, breed 'em to get a higher level horse, then start the process over. They can only breed once, so you can imagine how much you need to go through to get level 3s, 4s, 5s... The first five minutes of the game are identical to how it plays for the next 20 hours, but god damn it all, through all the blood, sweat and monotony you get a fabulous horse and a display shelf full of trophies to make it all worth it.
Not really.

D4E03BE8D8A3FE72517C83E77B63C1C3642189CD

Bebpo

Banned
Sang-Froid looks great in videos and has high reviews but no one seems to have played it. Can I get a review from a GAFfer who has played it (in English or French, I'm about 90% likely to buy it just to support Quebec developers)

Yeah, I've been following it since release as it looks quite neat but no one seems to have played it so can't get any impressions.

Probably will just grab it at this point.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
It's generally considered one of the best games of all time.

I played it in a modern context and can say without a nostalgia bias that those assessments are correct.

thoughts on War z?
If they threw it at me I'd throw up on it and throw it back.

People were quite willing to give money to Phil Fish, and he basically shit all over the indie community (not the Japanese stuff - read about the IGF crap he was involved in)

I don't see much difference tbh.
Fez is supposed to be a good game. And as far as I know Phil Fish didn't falsely advertise his game, blamed customers for misreading when called out, made up his own rules on the Steam forums so he could silence and ban criticism, and then continued to break promises, mislead and disrespect for all eternity. Also Fez wasn't a rushed out, janky ripoff exploiting the popularity of an indie mod, and abusing the goodwill of the Minecraft model so they could put out a buggy piece of crap in order to beat Dean Hall to a commercial release.

Hammerpoint is a fraudulent scumbag company.

marrec

Banned

Bloodlines is the best content ever associated with V:tM and the one of the best wRPGs of all time. Really blows away any of the content being put out by other wRPG developers today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom