• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been tempted by Magicka everytime I see it on sale- I really like the mage/wizard class in RPGs.

How is the game, especially for solo play? I am a loser and have no online friends.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Speaking of big installs, I noticed that Van Helsing is about 18 GiB!

Burt

Not gonna lie, I completely forgot about the The War Z fiasco or that it even existed and this thread title actually almost tricked me into thinking that Infestation was the DayZ standalone. Close call.

I have been tempted by Magicka everytime I see it on sale- I really like the mage/wizard class in RPGs.

How is the game, especially for solo play? I am a loser and have no online friends.

It's mostly about the Co-op campaign to be honest. If you want to play one evening though, I'd be happy to do some co-op with you, just PM me.

Eternia

If someone could only buy one or two bits of DLC for Magicka, what should they go for?
The Stars Are Left
The Other Side of the Coin
Dungeons and Daemons
Vietnam

Those are all the content DLC. I enjoyed the first two the most. They felt the most meaty and humourous of the 4 but that could just be me.

I don't think it'll be as fun playing solo. All the enemies will go straight after you all the time and you won't have someone to revive you if you screw up. Half the fun is incinerating/blowing up/squishing/stabbing your teammate by "accident" anyways.

chronomac

Garry's Mod is worth $2.49, right? I've never played a Counter-Strike game before but I'm interested. Should I get CS: Source and Garry's Mod bundle for $6.24 or wait to see if CS:GO gets the community vote?

Jørdan

I voted for it because I wanted the original Risen.

It's now on flash sale for $2.50.

Mission Complete.
XYW17WX.gif

Stimpack

Okay guys. I'm going to have to buy a PS4 and that DayZ standalone soon. Plus I already have Starbound coming up, and I've bought 1000+ hours of other games to play. I have no reason to buy anything more, because by the time I can get to anything new it'll be time for another Summer sale and some of it will probably be cheaper.

Someone tell me to stop.

Fireblend

Banned
I know it's not a daily or a flash anymore (hopefully it comes back), but wow at Dust: AET. So much fun. The game progress percentage says I'm 35% done and there's not been a second of gameplay I haven't enjoyed. Dat battle mechanics. If anyone doesn't have it, it would do you well to place it first in your wishlist / to-play list and implore for it to go on sale again.

mileS

X-COM DLC worth it?

I got the game free with Bioshock ealrier in the year but I haven't got around to it yet. Is it added on to the main story or is it a separate menu?

zreese

Neo Member
Anyone having trouble getting cards from purchases to drop? I've completed two transactions today, both said they would earn me three Summer Sale cards but I didn't get any. It was working fine yesterday.

SHarris78

Euro Truck Sim 2..........

I stated on 'Gaf (after I bought the game at 50% off a day before it went down to 75%!) that if it did indeed drop to 75% i'd gift it to someone. Time to keep my promise!

OK, first person to PM me their Steam username gets a free copy. (if I don't reply to your PM you were to late, sorry!)

Prophane33

For those on the fence about Euro Truck 2 check out: THIS

It's actually a very relaxing game. As other GAFers can tell you it certainly has an addicting quality to it and decent graphics.

Hawkie

That's pretty insane. It looked to me like a game you'd beat in 6 hours. I guess that game is just full of surprises.

Just for reference I'm lvl25 out of 30. The game has had a lot of support since release (I haven't tried the multiplayer so can't comment on that) and they are continuing to release free dlc for content above the level 30 cap.

Jonm1010

Banned
So I'm grabbing blood dragon but skipping Isaac and Van Helsing(I'm pretty much a comfy couch only pc gamer and unfortunately a lot of games seem not to have controller support). However I'm intrigued by Magicka.

The ratings on Magicka seem mediocre(which seeing as I've never heard of the game is all I have to go on) but how is it really? Worth the price? Should I get any DLC?

Euro Truck Sim 2..........

I stated on 'Gaf (after I bought the game at 50% off a day before it went down to 75%!) that if it did indeed drop to 75% i'd gift it to someone. Time to keep my promise!

OK, first person to PM me their Steam username gets a free copy. (if I don't reply to your PM you were to late, sorry!)

Damn. Forgot the username in the first PM.

Thanks for making this great giveway though. NeoGAF during Salestime is really great~

Miletius

X-COM DLC worth it?

I got the game free with Bioshock ealrier in the year but I haven't got around to it yet. Is it added on to the main story or is it a separate menu?

They are all integrated into the story. Questionable worth, to be honest. Both give you costumes, one adds a bit to the story but not in a great way. If you are penny pinching I'd skip it, but if you like having a few extra options there are worse ways to spend your money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom