• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeDown

Banned
How in the world is Van Helsing 20 gigs?
jUlGxN3GYWpA4.jpg

Cth

OK here, this is the best I can do to sell the game to you.

I got to create my own trucking company which of course I named NeoGAF, and once I start hiring drivers I'm going to start naming them after GAF personalities. I'll be able to send Wario64 on a trip all the way to Poland, maybe send Evilore back to Spain so he can try again to get some ass there. Stump you're going to be on my crew too.

If this doesn't sell you nothing will.

You need to add DukeBobby and have him deliver lab rats everywhere :D

xk0sm0sx

Bought Euro Truck. Now anyone tried Farm Simulator 2013?

I liked playing Sim Farm, does it have enough farm-ey elements to it or does it only involve driving farm vehicles and doing stupid things with it?

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Sorry for all the Euro Truck questions, but does it have objectives or is it more of a free-form game?

HoosTrax

I gave up on trusting the Steam estimate long ago. I think they must double the actual download size because they're counting both the amount that must be downloaded to disk, as well as the amount of data generated once the download is uncompressed. Or something.

Wasn't Blood Dragon like 6 bucks on the second sale day before shooting up for now reason. I would buy at that price. I don't see it on the Dailys today. I guess its on sale due to FC3 being on sale.

According to Enhanced Steam (thank you once again to whoever created it as I know they are on GAF):

"Lowest Price: $8.99 at Steam (Info)
Historical Low: $6.74 at Steam on Fri Jul 12 2013 (Info)"

It is on sale because Far Cry 3 is on sale. While this isn't the lowest it has ever been, it is the daily deal for the sale.
EDIT: I know the redundancy in the parenthesis has already been quote below but I felt compelled to remove it.

When your character dies in Infestation, you either have to wait an hour to respawn, or pay real money for an immediate respawn. Yeah, fuck this game.

Sigh, why didn't I heed the words of Gaf and avoid this terrible excuse of a game? Three bucks I thought, what could possibly go wrong? NOPE! T__T

drizzle

Axel Hertz
According to Enhanced Steam (thank you once again to whoever created it as I know they are on GAF):

It is on sale because Far Cry 3 is on sale. While this isn't the lowest it has ever been, it is the daily deal (as you've pointed out, because FC3 is on sale).

I still don't know the difference between Lowest Price and Historical Low.

Grief.exe

I seriously think that the Bioshock 2 and Batman:AA/AC conversion are being done by the same company.

tyBfMR9.png

How is Infestation? I was going to gift that for a friend who likes L4D, but I have no idea what this is like.

Be a good friend and gift him Killing Floor.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

It is on sale because Far Cry 3 is on sale. While this isn't the lowest it has ever been, it is the daily deal (as you've pointed out, because FC3 is on sale).

You're welcome!

And yeah there was a pricing error on Blood Dragon that caused it to go down to $6.74. There was a flash sale on Far Cry 3 at 40% off, but for some reason Blood Dragon was 55% off.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Played a bit of Mark of the Ninja and holy shit what an awesome game. I'm not that big on stealth games, but Mark makes being undetected actually fun. The instant checkpoint restart is a plus as well. Good job Klei.

btw, don't think I've dropped my id in the thread, can always use more steam friends
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Creamium

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I still don't know the difference between Lowest Price and Historical Low.

Lowest price is the lowest currently available price.

Historical low is the lowest price a game has ever been.

Stimpack

Guys I think Torchlight II might just be a hell of a lot better than the first. Should I buy Torchlight II and wait to get Helsing during the Winter sale?

haikira

Glad to see the thread title. If only you could bold sections of thread titles, makes them multicoloured and maybe even vibrate. No one deserves a fate worse than Bad Rats, Aka Infestation: Survivor Stories/WarZ.

nacimento

Since we are talking about movies and godfathers, the Gaffer who answers this question gets Angelina Jolie and the Angel of Darkness as a gift:

-From which movie is the quote: "The stuff that dreams are made of." ?

I gave up on trusting the Steam estimate long ago. I think they must double the actual download size because they're counting both the amount that must be downloaded to disk, as well as the amount of data generated once the download is uncompressed. Or something.

The amount shown is the uncompressed. You download it compressed though which is often 50% of the size.

Alright guys. I have £4.58 in my steam wallet. Is there currently anything on sale you can recommend? I'm not fussed about the type of game, although an RPG of some sort would be nice.

marrec

Banned
It's pretty fun. I've put about 4 hours into it already.

Backing up a truck with a trailer into the perfect spot will be one of the most rewarding gaming experiences of your life.

I know I joked about this earlier in the thread, but you're damn right it is.

Once you get it and you can unhook that trailer and you see the extra EXP it's earned you... makes you feel damn good.

calder

When I was stationed in Italy all the truck drivers had nudie calenders in their trucks, which always made inspecting them fun.

Can you design your own sleeping space in your truck?

I don't actually know about the sleeping space, there are a TON of extra bits and parts you can buy for your rig (and a huge variety of trucks to buy of course) but my driver is still too poor to bother with fancy paint jobs and such.

I just find driving from one city to another so strangely relaxing. I especially love it when it rains.

MikeDown

Banned
That must be the case, for me downloading Empire: Total War it was only 9.8 GB but it ended up being 16gb once uncompressed.

Stimpack

Just for reference I'm lvl25 out of 30. The game has had a lot of support since release (I haven't tried the multiplayer so can't comment on that) and they are continuing to release free dlc for content above the level 30 cap.

Have you played Torchlight II? I'm trying to figure out which one would be a better buy right now.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Alright guys. I have £4.58 in my steam wallet. Is there currently anything on sale you can recommend? I'm not fussed about the type of game, although an RPG of some sort would be nice.

XCOM is probably the best game up right now. However, I don't know how to convert your funny money into USD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom