• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Acula

Banned
And why is that?

What evidence is there that they're getting rid of it?

You write yourself "The removal of GFWL and Securom is pure speculation on my part."

It seems like it'd be more trouble than it's worth to patch out GFWL, than just keep it in. The updates could be anything, compatibility, DX patches, who knows.

haikira

But Godfather III is not better than the rest!

It is however better than this movie!

the-dogfather-2010iekty.jpg

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Me.. looks like fun, but need extra selling on it :D

EDIT: As in, does it work with a controller? do you need a steering wheel? how long are missions? variety? etc.

I play it with an Xbox 360 controller, and it works wonderfully.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Caved in and bought Euro Truck Simulator 2.

You win, GAF.

It's pretty fun. I've put about 4 hours into it already.

Backing up a truck with a trailer into the perfect spot will be one of the most rewarding gaming experiences of your life.

Stimpack

I'm kinda tempted on Risen 2: yay or nay?

What are its strong points?

Have you played Gothic 3 or the first Risen? I can't really find a whole lot of strong points for Risen 2. I would suggest you hold onto your money unless you played and liked the previous games in that vein.

Fireblend

Banned
Hey guys, how much was The Swapper when it was on sale? I think that's honestly the only game I'm missing from the sale. Hope it comes back.

Wurstsemmel

Neo Member
Bought ETS2 and it's awesome, just delivered 17t fertilizer to Nürnberg and though it wasn't hell of a ride it was indeed very relaxing. Great game ;-)

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I kinda want Euro Truck but even 10$ is too much for me.

Sucks I missed the crazy Dunder deal.

I am. I really love the idea of Freelancer but as a trucker, but, I dunno.... :)

Bought ETS2 and it's awesome, just delivered 17t fertilizer to Nürnberg and though it wasn't hell of a ride it was indeed very relaxing. Great game ;-)

OK here, this is the best I can do to sell the game to you.

I got to create my own trucking company which of course I named NeoGAF, and once I start hiring drivers I'm going to start naming them after GAF personalities. I'll be able to send Wario64 on a trip all the way to Poland, maybe send Evilore back to Spain so he can try again to get some ass there. Stump you're going to be on my crew too.

If this doesn't sell you nothing will.

calder

Euro Truck is great, everyone should buy it!

Today: so happy to see Sang Froid on sale. Insta-buy for me, and while I'm at it I'm double dipping on Arkham City. The upgrade from PS3 to PC alone should be worth $7.

Really surprised at how small euro truck simulator is. I guess it's just a lot of repeated textures, which is not a bad thing just would have expected a bigger download than 800mb.

Grief.exe

Bioshock 2 multiplayer beta build entry just updated again.

Mmm been meaning to buy that. Hopefully I have some wallet left on the last day to buy it.

Its a great game, I'm really enjoying the shooting action.

The way the guns function in the game means you have a ton of variety, and you can call upon that variety very quickly.

What evidence is there that they're getting rid of it?

You write yourself "The removal of GFWL and Securom is pure speculation on my part."

It seems like it'd be more trouble than it's worth to patch out GFWL, than just keep it in. The updates could be anything, compatibility, DX patches, who knows.

Check out the thread, I linked all of the circumstantial evidence.

There is a great deal of it, but I highly doubt they would have spent months updating both Bioshock 2 for some compatibility issues.
Batman:AA/AC happening at the exact same time is very strange as well.

Why would these companies be spending significant amounts of money, months of development time, for compatibility issues? Makes no sense.

Concurrently, the writing is on the wall for Microsoft removing support of GFWL for the future.

It just would be very strange if it doesn't happen. I just acknowledge that all of this evidence is, indeed, circumstantial.

Check the thread for more info

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=619976

whoa, what??

and it doesn't even have cards!

ibrGt7vhfRMeqW.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom