• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megasoum

Banned
I played through Hard Reset and the included expension in one sitting lol. Was a fun no brain required kind of game. A bit overstayed it's welcome but then again maybe I shouldn't have played it in one sitting lol.

As much as I love dark souls I'm having such a hard time getting back into it. Got so far in the PS3 before the system died. Never beat it but I remember all the frustration that took place lol.

Twinduct

Oh god ... my leap motion preorder just got charged ... I have no money in my card .... I'm in $176 in debt now .... would have liked a warning before they charged :/

Stimpack

As much as I love dark souls I'm having such a hard time getting back into it. Got so far in the PS3 before the system died. Never beat it but I remember all the frustration that took place lol.

I think this is one of the most frustrating things about gaming. I can't tell you how many games I got very deep into and then lost the save for whatever reason and could never bring myself to get through them again.

Ferrio

Banned
ßthePenguin;71378111 said:
With Gods & Kings, it is. Just get BNW when its cheap.

I'd say you either go vanilla or BNW, don't snag gods and kings. If you come into money later and like it get BNW.

There's little point to get G&K with BNW out.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
In play Binding of Isaac exclusively with a controller (I use Better DS3 rather than JoyToKey but it's essentially the same) and it's great. Assign the item/bomb/pill keys to the shoulder buttons and enjoy one of the best value games you'll play. So much content for repeated playthroughs and it's great fun.

liezryou

Alright guys serious emergency. I can't go to sleep without buying one more game (FU steam). I have narrowed it down to the following:

1) Sang-Froid - Tales of Werewolves
2) Port Royale 3
3) Risen 2 (Or Risen 1 Maybe?)

Help me i have to go to sleep, i haz classes!

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Honestly, when I was playing through the game the first time, I kept wondering why they didn't just license UE3. I don't think I would have been able to tell the difference. Seems like unnecessary re-inventing of the wheel.
IMHO, Hard Reset engine is league ahead of UE3.
Large areas, lots of particles, enemies, very good textures quality without any streaming issues, DAT LIGHTING system, and is really super-optimized, 60fps without much problems.

I know you're not talking about technical details, but it really didn't give me a "UE3-style"-feel.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Alright guys serious emergency. I can't go to sleep without buying one more game (FU steam). I have narrowed it down to the following:

2) Port Royale 3

Risen 1. Risen ONE. The first one.

chugen

2) Port Royale 3

sang froid could be nice

rockx4

I've had Risen and Tropico 3 for ages and haven't played either game, but for some reason I want to buy Tropico 4 and Risen 2, what's wrong with me?

Ferrio

Banned
In play Binding of Isaac exclusively with a controller (I use Better DS3 rather than JoyToKey but it's essentially the same) and it's great. Assign the item/bomb/pill keys to the shoulder buttons and enjoy one of the best value games you'll play. So much content for repeated playthroughs and it's great fun.

It's eaten up my time recently something hardcore. 60 hours in the game.. beat blue baby for the first time too.

Grief.exe

Bioshock 2 multiplayer dev build updated once again, never seen this many updates in one day.

Come join us in the thread, keep it up so other people learn of the changes.

Steam Versions Batman:AA/AC & Bioshock 2 Adding Achievements, Removing GFWL/Securom?

For some reason it has taken me 3 hours to download Sleeping Dawgz

Now get started on the HD texture pack.

IMHO, Hard Reset engine is league ahead of UE3.
Large areas, lots of particles, enemies, very good textures quality without any streaming issues, DAT LIGHTING system, and is really super-optimized, 60fps without much problems.

I know you're not talking about technical details, but it really didn't give me a "UE3-style"-feel.

This seems to be my thoughts as well.

And now they don't have to worry about licencing fees or profit sharing for Hard Reset or their subsequent releases.

Chivalry is my new go to multiplayer game. Bloody fun.

Chivalry is too much fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom