• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

AsylumX

138steamwtf.jpg

Why steam??? Why???

derExperte

For me it was buggy as sin and the graphics had not improved *at all* since Risen 1.

In particular I had flickering shadows everywhere and the grass would disappear and reappear depending on where I was and where I was looking.

There was a mod that helped with the grass (and tree) problem and the later islands look actually rather nice. I would recommend it to someone who's a fan of R1 and can live with bugs and a general lack of polish. The conversations (at least in German) are dumb but often funny, fighting lacks depth and the story is mediocre. Basically it comes down to if you really like pirates in your rpg. If yes, there aren't a lot of options, buy Risen 2. The price right now is totally okay imo.

Vodh

If you enjoyed FTL, get Binding of Isaac.

Went to check the price just to be able to say how much I hate you for enabling my impulse purchases, but turns out I already have it. Phew. I can carry on believing I'm done with the sale!

chugen

enjoy

Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Serious Sam: The Random Encounter -- MB-604FD0837614B66C - Taken by JoseOle5990

Roxas

Well someones gotta say it, but i think Valve are an absolute fucking disgrace for not only allowing War Z back on its store but putting it front and centre on one of its summer sales! WTF!

The giveaway's back, after a brief hiatus, with the biggest round yet! No rules, but the games are not as highly-demanded as the games in the first three rounds. Same disclaimers as the past rounds (99.9% sure that these keys will work, let me know if any keys were mangled during the process). An additional note: this round includes some DLC for Darksiders 2. The Abyssal Forge key is from the Amazon bundle a few months back, it's also in the Season Pass, so if you already have the Season Pass, you already have the Abyssal Forge. The Van Der Schmash Hammer DLC key was given to people who registered with THQ's account-system thingy.

Good Luck to all, and congrats to those who grab the keys! See you in (mini) Round 5!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 15 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Aquaria -- MB-AC391795041B0C1C - Taken by Martian
Swords & Soldiers -- MB-485E21CD7860BC3A - Taken by Sdawg36
Spirits -- MB-89BB2B10A314A3C6 - Taken by Apostate
Hacker Evolution Untold -- MB-41521B4131AC1406 - Taken by delirium
Sequence -- MB-540832CEB174CFD7 - Taken by chugen
Cogs -- MB-6BCF17719FA2A48F - Taken by carfo
Van Der Schmash Hammer DLC for Darksiders 2 -- MB-58AD7EC8731E79B4 - Taken by cicero
Crayon Physics Deluxe -- MB-A1A36A6F94570397 - Taken by SHarris78
Abyssal Forge DLC for Darksiders 2 -- MB-A033D789FA6A927E - Taken by ieavei
Oil Rush -- MB-A8CEF3D943DDE84A - Taken by WhatRobEats
Dangerous High School Girls in Trouble! -- MB-BD360A5CDBED9195 - Taken by nightstorm
Avadon The Black Fortress -- MB-AB0C819C96CC621C - Taken by PandaPedinte
Zen Bound 2 -- MB-B852A6CA5CBE7741 - Taken by Avallon
Gish -- MB-DA28323308E98BB8 - Taken by Pestilence11
NightSky -- MB-AA58551ED020219D - Taken by georaldc

sunnz

Well someones gotta say it, but i think Valve are an absolute fucking disgrace for not only allowing War Z back on its store but putting it front and centre on one of its summer sales! WTF!

Hey, if people are ok with buying it, I doubt they care.

From the top sellers list, it seems to be selling too...

smr00

Banned
Caved in and bought Van Helsing which brings my final summer funds down $3.88 and effectively ending my summer budget.

Guess i will have to get Euro Truck Simulator 2 during the winter sale. Sale has been fun, some decent/good deals and a great few threads. Now it's time to play some of these games.

Megasoum

Banned
Caved in and bought Van Helsing which brings my final summer funds down $3.88 and effectively ending my summer budget.

Guess i will have to get Euro Truck Simulator 2 during the winter sale. Sale has been fun, some decent/good deals and a great few threads. Now it's time to play some of these games.

But but...we're only haflway through the sale! (unless I'm wrong it's not two weeks anymore?)

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I already have XCOM and Deus Ex HR for the Xbox 360 so don't want to pick them up again. Will take a look at Dark Souls as I have never played it.

Good choice. I hadn't experienced the pain and suffering that is Dark Souls yet. I picked it up earlier in the sale. It's a really difficult game but I think I might climax if I ever manage finishing it.

The giveaway's back, after a brief hiatus, with the biggest round yet! No rules, but the games are not as highly-demanded as the games in the first three rounds. Same disclaimers as the past rounds (99.9% sure that these keys will work, let me know if any keys were mangled during the process). An additional note: this round includes some DLC for Darksiders 2. The Abyssal Forge key is from the Amazon bundle a few months back, it's also in the Season Pass, so if you already have the Season Pass, you already have the Abyssal Forge. The Van Der Schmash Hammer DLC key was given to people who registered with THQ's account-system thingy.

Good Luck to all, and congrats to those who grab the keys! See you in (mini) Round 5!

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom