• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe it is. So get your 56k modem out of here.

56k, hah. Judging by the posts I've read about how long it takes people to download things, I think its safe to say my connection is a lot faster than most peoples here.

But ok, by your logic im wrong and his pic was justified. Sorry, sir. :rolleyes

how surprising... Activision not giving a flying fuck about discounts. Regardless of having MW3 on sale right now the rest of the franchise has shitty discounts.
Amazon seems like the only one who can work deals with Activision. I got the CoD Warchest, CoD WaW, and CoD4 on sale for $35. And I got BLOPS2 this week for $25 with the price matching and GOONCAVE code.

yami4ct

56k, hah. Judging by the posts I've read about how long it takes people to download things, I think its safe to say my connection is a lot faster than most peoples here.

But ok, by your logic im wrong and his pic was justified. Sorry, sir.

Took me almost two whole days, almost 48 hours to get Sleeping Dogs+the high res texture pack. I think I must be up there in terms of people with shitty connections who still try and download games.

At least there's no bandwidth cap.

Eternia

I hope this one still works. Got one for a friend at the time but he didn't want it. I should have known better not to since he hated Cthulhu Saves the World and Breath of Death.
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Penny Arcade 3 -- MB-D3B3731307A29C44 - Taken by georaldc

Ledsen

S7EVNGC.jpg

What a lackluster day for me today.

How are you getting those green markings? I have Enhanced Steam installed but can't see anything like that unless I click the game and go to its page.

Jørdan

How are you getting those green markings? I have Enhanced Steam installed but can't see anything like that unless I click the game and go to its page.
Firefox? I don't get the colouring on Firefox yet it works on Chrome, issues with getting the update added for FF I think.

Ledsen

How is magicka? Me and the roommates are thinking of picking up the 4-pack.

Its sort of like castle crashers from what i can gather.

Not really, no. But it is 4-player chaos.

Jørdan;71392491 said:
Firefox? I don't get the colouring on Firefox yet it works on Chrome.

Opera... sigh, why does Opera never get proper support for anything...

Torraz

Amazon seems like the only one who can work deals with Activision. I got the CoD Warchest, CoD WaW, and CoD4 on sale for $35. And I got BLOPS2 this week for $25 with the price matching and GOONCAVE code.

Yeah. Amazon also had Call of Duty MW 2 for 5 bucks last year.

Quake1028

$12.48 left from my original $60.00. Really wish we knew if Sunday was going to be a new day for sales or a recap. I can't decide to get $20.00 or $40.00 more in Steambucks.

Ardvent

What browser do you use? That is in Chrome, and there are some known issues with Enchanced Steam on Firefox

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Most likely you're using the Firefox version which doesn't have the homepage banner highlighting. Not my fault, blame Mozilla.

Or the non-Next version of Opera. That shit is a mess for developers.

yami4ct

How is magicka? Me and the roommates are thinking of picking up the 4-pack.

Its sort of like castle crashers from what i can gather.

It has a cool concept with the mix and match magic system, and it can be a bit of fun co-op.

After playing like an hour and getting over the cool concept, though, I found the core game to be boring as hell.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
You sure? I thought the lowest we saw COD4 was $10, MW2 wasn't that low.

Could be mistaken though, I could care less about the franchise.

Yeah, back in February of 2012 they had it for 5.00. That's when I picked it up.

Also this is one of the rare correct uses of "could care less," because without COD, what series would people blindly shit on?

ShowDog

I had to go into the extension options and save the default preferences before anything started to work. Try it. And this was with Chrome.

Wurstsemmel

Neo Member
Could I get added to the gaf steam group? My nick is kotschi, url should be http://steamcommunity.com/id/kotschi

I really love the steam sale because I always discover games like ETS2 I normally would never buy. Hopefully Rogue Legacy gets a bigger discount, it's the only game I wanted to buy and I'm already broke lol :D

Parallacs

You sure? I thought the lowest we saw COD4 was $10, MW2 wasn't that low.

Could be mistaken though, I could care less about the franchise.

You must really care about it then :p

I couldn't care less about the series either. I did everything I wanted to do with MW2 and was bored of the formula by the time MW3's free weekends rolled around.

ss_lemonade

I hope this one still works. Got one for a friend at the time but he didn't want it. I should have known better not to since he hated Cthulhu Saves the World and Breath of Death.
No one seems to be claiming it so I gave it a try. Thanks Eternia! I'll probably stop now, 2 free games in a day is more than enough

Cth

So Euro Truck Sim 2 is kinda fun.. sucks I can't go high end graphics, but ah well, at least it runs.

Started nodding off at the wheel in real life :D (stayed up way too late last night)

Forgot it was EURO Truck Sim in the beginning and naturally drove on the wrong side of the road.

Now to add my own music/radio.

Fun honking the horn. Gave up on parking initially, will go back and try it again later.

Sillution

Disappointed there is no Euro Truck Simulator OT for me to read tales of other fellow truckers.

I was trying to find that myself, is the game worth the $10 dollars? I'll be honest, I never ever looked into it but seeing it onsale has caught my eye.

Edit... just saw post above me.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
You must really care about it then :p

I couldn't care less about the series either. I did everything I wanted to do with MW2 and was bored of the formula by the time MW3's free weekends rolled around.

I feel sad if you skipped the Black Ops games and only played the Modern Warfare series.

I've already spent $70 but I'm seriously considering getting Euro Truck of all things. It just sounds so good. But my wallet...

Someone stop me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom