• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razorskin

----- ------
So Euro Truck Sim 2 is kinda fun.. sucks I can't go high end graphics, but ah well, at least it runs.

Started nodding off at the wheel in real life :D (stayed up way too late last night)

Forgot it was EURO Truck Sim in the beginning and naturally drove on the wrong side of the road.

Now to add my own music/radio.

Fun honking the horn. Gave up on parking initially, will go back and try it again later.

You know most of europe drives on the right hand side like the US, it's just the UK tthat doesn't.

Good choice. I hadn't experienced the pain and suffering that is Dark Souls yet. I picked it up earlier in the sale. It's a really difficult game but I think I might climax if I ever manage finishing it.

Yeah I've heard it's incredibly difficult, but I've heard nothing but good things about it.

Thinking of picking up Torchlight II. Any of you guys tried it?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
So is Euro Truck game kinda like the train one? Where you are going from point A to B while looking at the scenery around you?

And has anyone played Port Royale 3?

Wynnebeck

Banned
So is Euro Truck game kinda like the train one? Where you are going from point A to B while looking at the scenery around you?

Euro Truck is basically driving a truck from one city to the next while hiring more drivers and building up a truck business. Strangely addicting.

TheContact

aPv4rvV_700b_v1.jpg

probably true

I didn't really enjoy it when I did try it but I only played it for about 2-3 hours. I might have gotten more into it if I had the chance to play it more in-depth.

Dark Souls vs. Sonic All Star Racing Transformed.
Thoughts?

Completely different games I know, but which one has a higher fun factor?
I got way more out of Dark Souls than Sonic ASRT. The latter is still a great kart racing game, but if you haven't played a Souls game yet it doesn't compare.

Thinking of picking up Torchlight II. Any of you guys tried it?
I found it a bit dull, if you're looking for another loot game on Steam you should give Titan Quest Gold a look, and wait to see if it gets cheaper. Van Helsing has been getting praise in this thread recently as well but I haven't played it myself to make the recommendation.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I've only briefly played both but if I had to choose, I'd go with Dark Souls. I like tough games

I got way more out of Dark Souls than Sonic ASRT. The latter is still a great kart racing game, but if you haven't played a Souls game yet it doesn't compare.

I found it a bit dull, if you're looking for another loot game on Steam you should give Titan Quest Gold a look, and wait to see if it gets cheaper. Van Helsing has been getting praise in this thread recently as well but I haven't played it myself to make the recommendation.

For fun factor, I would go for Sonic Racing. Dark Souls is an amazing experience though, so you still need to get both.

Thanks.
I played Dsouls on PS3 already...just wondering if it's worth the second dip or get the kart racer.

Zeknurn

Trying to play Reus but it crashes when I try to enable windowed mode ingame or alt tab. I'd be grateful if someone that own the game could open Documents\Reus\config.xml and copy-paste the windowed line.

ss_lemonade

How's RPG Maker VX Ace by the way and how is it different from the original rpg maker vx? I know it was a daily the other day but I got sidetracked by other games.

I love old school/snes-era jrpgs and would like to play around with these "Build Your Own" programs, eventhough I know I'll never be able to whip up a decent game lol.

nexen

Shit. Told myself that I wouldn't go hogwild this time, since I'm saving for a house.
Just calculated my damage at $98.

Still several days to go and at least 2 games I really want.

Prophane33

305 Games Owned, $513.02 spent. I must be doing something right.

Is there a way to actually see a total spent number? I can't see anything.

Also debating Risen 2, I played 5 minutes of it once and thought it was pretty shit but if it gets better later might try it out.

You need to go to account details using the Enhanced Steam add on for Firefox or Chrome.

ss_lemonade

How does it compare to diablo 3? I just picked it up because it was cheap and I was looking for a diablo alternative (got tired of diablo after reaching hell or inferno, can't remember anymore lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom