• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Into

I should have bought Sleeping Dogs when i could

tSVjErU.gif

Prophane33

Same here. For me, it's more the controls, they don't very feel good to me. I want to like it, maybe if I play a few more hours...

THANKS! that's exactly what it is. I played using the keyboard for awhile and it got annoying. I finally installed Joy 2 Key and it still felt a bit off. I also find the shooting vs melee combat to be odd in that type of game, but that's just a personal problem.

antitrop

The 1 negative "Critic" review is Tom Chick's wildly ridiculous 40. User score for this one reflects my own opinion, as well. Buy this game.

Eaydj6w.png

I have a friend who's put in around 80 hours into that game. Sadly, it never clicked with me. I WANTED to like it, but found the randomness to be a little too frustrating. I love rogue-likes too, so no idea.
The only time the randomness annoyed me was in the last content patch that included new challenges that required you to find a specific trinket for every character in order to get a certain ending. Nothing is more frustrating than feeling like an entire run is wasted because the game didn't RNG a single item.

Other than that, I was really put off from its visual style when I first saw it, but I picked it up for a buck during last year's winter sale, played it for a couple minutes, and found I simply couldn't put it down until I completed everything there was to do. Its rogue elements with real time Robotron meets Zelda combat and inspiration just hooked me, I loved seeing what new configuration of powerups I'd find run after run.

nin1000

Banned
I have been on the fence with Xcom since the release of the game. Currently at 9.99 but i am still unsure that it will be great even though so many have told me that it is great.

Silly me for not trying out the demo :D

Karu

Played a bit of FTL and damn, played instantly on easy, but I am not able to leave sector 1. I suck big time at that game. Will keep tryin though. Currently Watching The Next Gen for the first time - it's like the urge while you are playin Red Dead, to watch old western movies.

marrec

Banned
Played a bit of FTL and damn, played instantly on easy, but I am not able to leave sector 1. I suck big time at that game. Will keep tryin though. Currently Watching The Next Gen for the first time - it's like the urge while you are playin Red Dead, to watch old western movies.

Don't worry, we all sucked super bad at FTL for the first few runs too. It's a game that teaches you quite a bit every time you die.

Zia

The 1 negative "Critic" review is Tom Chick's wildly ridiculous 40. User score for this one reflects my own opinion, as well. Buy this game.

Eaydj6w.png

Not that I think there's a lot of value in Metacritic, but Tom Chick is becoming more and more difficult for me to defend. His CoH 2 and Brave New World reviews are Armond White levels of contrarian ridiculousness, but without all of the good stuff (invented words, out-of-place Spielberg and Tyler Perry comparisons) that makes Armond entertaining.

Cth

So, Euro Truck Sim 2..

That moment when it gets dark and starts to rain and you don't know how to put the wipers on and don't care :D

Very relaxing, and surprisingly fun.

I gave up on using the controller and managed to back the truck into the loading dock.

Fun :D

You'll get better.

I've been playing it for a few days and just yesterday the brave crew of "The Proud People" managed to arrive at sector 8.

This game is much deeper than what it looks!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Just woke up and the issue remains. Anyone else using Enhanced Steam suddenly have it switch to the Romanian language?

Weird. Enhanced Steam shouldn't have anything to do with it (I wouldn't think) though I've heard stories of Steam randomly changing it on people.

Click here to return to English.

Prophane33

Don't worry, we all sucked super bad at FTL for the first few runs too. It's a game that teaches you quite a bit every time you die.

Exactly, I find myself getting just a little bit farther every run. I thought I'd never see the 2nd sector. Now I can almost consistently make it to the 3rd.

Weird. Enhanced Steam shouldn't have anything to do with it (I wouldn't think) though I've heard stories of Steam randomly changing it on people.

Click here to return to English.

Nope, still in Romanian. I'm not using a proxy and I didn't hit anything, just randomly happened this morning. Not sure whether it's Enhanced Steam but when I go to my page in Steam itself, it's in English and so is my page in an incognito window.

Karu

Exactly, I find myself getting just a little bit farther every run. I thought I'd never see the 2nd sector. Now I can almost consistently make it to the 3rd.
That's great to hear. Games that let you learn from your mistakes are far more enjoyable than just straight up stupidly hard ones, who wanna mock you for the hell of it.

Karl2177

So how random are booster packs? Admittedly, I've only just qualified, but I'd like to know how often these things pop up. Do they pop up for multiple games on a regular basis?

Prophane33

Of course the booster pack I got is damn near worthless. I'd be better off opening it up and selling the individual cards.

So how random are booster packs? Admittedly, I've only just qualified, but I'd like to know how often these things pop up. Do they pop up for multiple games on a regular basis?

Randomly, just as long as you sign into steam once a week (after exhausting all drops in a game). I don't' have any games open, just the steam client and all the sudden an item appeared in my inventory.

Tecl0n

Question, is adding steam funds from paypal considered a transaction ( addiotinal paypal fees) or a purchase (no additional paypal fees?)

Acosta

Guys, could someone tell me what is the last day update of the sales? (I always get a bit confused because in my region updates come in at 7 pm, so I'm not sure if the sales finish from 21 to 22 or from 22 to 23). Thank you (and sorry if it has been answered already).

Man these steam cards are super addicting... wheelin and dealin left and right! It's probably the best "game" I've gotten from this sale
not really but still

Dingotech

I was pumped for the game when it went on sale but I read earlier in this thread that the co-op is completely broken?

I wanted to play it with the wife but if the co-op is broken then I think I will pass.

I've also become a bit better at FTL. I have reached the 6th sector but what usually kills me is that I can never strike balance to have a well rounded death machine. When I have a lot of crew, I end up having shit weapons. The opposite is also true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom