• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Here you go. There's a variety of mods, including new weapons, ship designs, random encounters, basic graphic changes and game re-writers (added sectors and removing the chasing fleet etc).

I've only tried a couple of them so can't vouch for them all. Sorry if I've now give you an excuse to spend the rest of the day on this.

Yeah that's one, but I haven't tried it yet.

nothing to be sorry about. It's a great game, it deserves to get all the love from the community it can.

Played a couple of my new games...

- Combat in Mount and Blade Warband is not making a good first impression. I just suck at it though. I'm going to try again with a 360 controller maybe, I'm not a fan of kb/m in third person games usually.
Give it a bit more time. I also had a rough time getting used to it, but it really needs (and benefits from) a KBM setup. The only thing I had to tone back a bit was blocking, which I left in auto (no direction needed when blocking to match the incoming blow).

Razorskin

----- ------
So, Half-Life 2 is a great game and I'm having a lot of fun

mind-blown-2.gif

It is, and episode 1 is decent. Haven't touched episode 2....

Grief.exe

- Combat in Mount and Blade Warband is not making a good first impression. I just suck at it though. I'm going to try again with a 360 controller maybe, I'm not a fan of kb/m in third person games usually.
- DMC4 is fun but it crashed on me
- Problems with Serious Sam 3. The game locks up for several seconds at a time and then goes back to normal. Any ideas?
- Really impressed with System Shock 2. Excited to get into it

Pretty much need to use a M/KB with Mount and Blade, the combat just gels so much better with a mouse.
Same with Chivalry.

DukeBobby

Aeel4dR.jpg

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Secret of the Magic Crystals -- MB-64E58E7FB152043A - Taken by Dipper145
Secret of the Magic Crystals #2 -- MB-0A1572C224BA3E60 - Taken by Prophane33
Secret of the Magic Crystals #3 -- MB-86DD238E69CE21B9 - Taken by chugen
Secret of the Magic Crystals #4 -- MB-1A6F9AEE5639D628 - Taken by Cth
Secret of the Magic Crystals #5 -- MB-F0811F9A8096E419 - Taken by Odrion

1 copy of Bad Rats, 4 copies of Secret of the Magic Crystals.

Remember, don't say you're the winner until all the keys have been claimed.

cicero

Nope, still in Romanian. I'm not using a proxy and I didn't hit anything, just randomly happened this morning. Not sure whether it's Enhanced Steam but when I go to my page in Steam itself, it's in English and so is my page in an incognito window.
uhh. How did you purchase the game, direct through Steam?

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity

Don't do it to yourself.

Is there usually a couple of minute gap between when the new deals go up at 9 and when the prices for existing deals ends? I've really wanted Risen for awhile now but if I could wait just a few minutes to see if maybe Giana Sisters goes up in a flash deal that would be great.

Card Boy

Banned
Van Hellsing has received a lot of post release support, check out the patch notes. It even got free DLC.

I would say its worth picking up if your on the hence.

Konami are proud to announce a port of the 360 classic, Silent Hill HD Collection coming to steam.
You know what? You're probably right. Careful what you wish and all that. It would sting more to have that mangled version on Steam than not having anything.

what if it happens and I say that I made it happen

what will you do then
If you happen to work at Konami or Steam I'll fulfill my promise. If the game is NOT the 360 port, I'll even use both hands!

Long shot but has anyone played Cthulhu Saves the World? I've got £0.83 left in my wallet and this costs £0.65. Reviews seem good but I just want to see if anyone has first hand experience.

(I'll probably get it anyway for that price)

uhh. How did you purchase the game, direct through Steam?

Not sure what you mean, the last thing I purchased was the faction dlc for Metro LL and I bought it through gog. The browser version of steam just randomly switched to Romanian. I'll clear my cache later.

And sorry Cth, was giving you the copy I won through GK but someone else got it I think. I'll see what I got.

Long shot but has anyone played Cthulhu Saves the World? I've got £0.83 left in my wallet and this costs £0.65. Reviews seem good but I just want to see if anyone has first hand experience.

Or....

- Buy Bad Rats twice

- Buy trading cards and try and sell your way up to enough money to get a more expensive game

It's a fun short JRPG get it. Is the double pack with their other game not the same price?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom