• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

smr00

Banned
So how random are booster packs? Admittedly, I've only just qualified, but I'd like to know how often these things pop up. Do they pop up for multiple games on a regular basis?
I would like to know this as well because i have only gotten 1 pack since it came out of beta and i have multiple games ready to get them with a +40% chance from my steam level.

Fire and Sword worth it? Or is Warband enough?
Warband is pretty much the one thing you need. Fire and Sword were apparently made by a different dev team and wasn't as well received while Warband effectively overwrites the original by being a standalone expansion that includes everything from the original and then some.

nacimento

The 1 negative "Critic" review is Tom Chick's wildly ridiculous 40. User score for this one reflects my own opinion, as well. Buy this game.

Eaydj6w.png

Neocore should do King Arthur 3 (like King Arthur 1)...

antitrop

Not that I think there's a lot of value in Metacritic, but Tom Chick is becoming more and more difficult for me to defend. His CoH 2 and Brave New World reviews are Armond White levels of contrarian ridiculousness, but without all of the good stuff (invented words, out-of-place Spielberg and Tyler Perry comparisons) that makes Armond entertaining.
His 3/5 for The Last of Us makes me kind of butthurt, since it's my favorite game of the last 16 years.

I've also become a bit better at FTL. I have reached the 6th sector but what usually kills me is that I can never strike balance to have a well rounded death machine. When I have a lot of crew, I end up having shit weapons. The opposite is also true.

I got it when it was special offer at their own site a few weeks ago. Managed to get to the end and roundly got my ass handed to me.

Super addictive though and a lot of fun.

I've tried some of the mods as well and there are loads of great ones.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Is Van Helsing actually a good game? It looks like Diablo, i like that stuff.

If you like Diablo (especially Diablo II) you'll like Van Helsing.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Order I quoted, is the order of the winners. So pick between Max Payne 1, Max Payne 2 or Portal 2.

Nope, still in Romanian. I'm not using a proxy and I didn't hit anything, just randomly happened this morning. Not sure whether it's Enhanced Steam but when I go to my page in Steam itself, it's in English and so is my page in an incognito window.

Warband is pretty much the one thing you need. Fire and Sword were apparently made by a different dev team and wasn't as well received while Warband effectively overwrites the original by being a standalone expansion that includes everything from the original and then some.

Nope, I needed 1 or 2 votes left to get a new getaway card.

Nope.

Prophane33

Wondering if I should take the gamble and open this booster for a chance to get a foil I can sell for $.54~.64. Sell the booster for $.43 or open it and get three $.08 cards. I need Kenny Rogers.

antitrop

I was pumped for the game when it went on sale but I read earlier in this thread that the co-op is completely broken?

I wanted to play it with the wife but if the co-op is broken then I think I will pass.
As far as I know it's only online co-op that's broken? I think local co-op is fine.
I'm not sure, though, I could totally be wrong, I played the game in single player.

If someone has had poor local co-op experiences with Van Helsing by all means say so.

Odrion

Banned
Is Van Hellsing any better than Path of Exile or Torchlight 2? How's the "feel" of the combat, do the hits have the same sort of "oomf" as Diablo? How deep and balanced is the looting and skill system?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Nope, still in Romanian. I'm not using a proxy and I didn't hit anything, just randomly happened this morning. Not sure whether it's Enhanced Steam but when I go to my page in Steam itself, it's in English and so is my page in an incognito window.

Definitely weird. If you temporarily disable Enhanced Steam, is it still in Romanian?

Dingotech

As far as I know it's only online co-op that's broken? I think local co-op is fine.
I'm not sure, though, I could totally be wrong, I played the game in single player.

If someone has had poor local co-op experiences with Van Helsing by all means say so.

Local co-op as in a LAN connection between two PCs?

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?

are you using any region price checker or some similar plugin?

Borman

Long shot, but I have an extra copy of Star Wars Battlefront II that I would trade for XCOM. PM me if you happen to be interested

Definitely weird. If you temporarily disable Enhanced Steam, is it still in Romanian?

It is, so I suppose it's unrelated. Very bizarre, tried my actual PC(was on my laptop) and it's in English but switching back to English doesn't fix on the laptop.

Still loads the English store and everything.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
So how bad is Risen 2? I loved the first game. It was one of the few RPG worlds I actually enjoyed exploring.

It fails to live up to that. Like, a lot. Get Gothic 2 if you haven't played that. It is hella janky but it shares that same amazing world design. I think it is actually better.

Sullichin

Played a couple of my new games...

- Combat in Mount and Blade Warband is not making a good first impression. I just suck at it though. I'm going to try again with a 360 controller maybe, I'm not a fan of kb/m in third person games usually.
- DMC4 is fun but it crashed on me
- Problems with Serious Sam 3. The game locks up for several seconds at a time and then goes back to normal. Any ideas?
- Really impressed with System Shock 2. Excited to get into it

Spazo

does any know why I'm unable to see witch game I own on the front store page with enhanced steam addon for firefox ?

I tried to reinstall it and clear cache data...

mods, you say? like what?

Here you go. There's a variety of mods, including new weapons, ship designs, random encounters, basic graphic changes and game re-writers (added sectors and removing the chasing fleet etc).

I've only tried a couple of them so can't vouch for them all. Sorry if I've now give you an excuse to spend the rest of the day on this.

I remember reading there was one that takes away the progression and endgame stuff, so you get to hop among the stars FOREVER.

I might have read that wrong, though.

Yeah that's one, but I haven't tried it yet.

antitrop

Come to think of it, I don't even know if Van Helsing has local co-op or not, I'm not a good source of information on that, as I said I played single player.

Prophane33

Played a couple of my new games...

- Combat in Mount and Blade Warband is not making a good first impression. I just suck at it though. I'm going to try again with a 360 controller maybe, I'm not a fan of kb/m in third person games usually.
- DMC4 is fun but it crashed on me
- Problems with Serious Sam 3. The game locks up for several seconds at a time and then goes back to normal. Any ideas?
- Really impressed with System Shock 2. Excited to get into it

This game is really meant to be played with mouse and keyboard. You just need to practice blocking and sword movement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom