• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

cicero

I love GOG. DRM-free goodness, glorious library of well-priced classics, and the wooden game shelf is just so damn sexy.
The shelf is so nice, I have everything manually categorized. Sometimes it can take a little while for all the images to load though.

HoosTrax

Wow, totally unexpected, but earvcunanan gifted me Deus Ex (which I've never played). This should be interesting. There was a makeover mod that came out a while back right? Should I play it vanilla or with the mod?

I have $20 in my wallet, and I'm so tempted by Tropico, but I'm holding out hope for Rogue Legacy or Prison Architect to drop enough that I can afford it or both. What are the chances the Tropico deal will resurface again before the sale ends?

Salsa

Got me Portal 2 from GK86! Thanks!

U4LFMFg.png

still cant believe you never played this shit

Blood Dragon key is for GMG's Capsule, deal with it you cheap bastards.

Not 100% certain the other keys are valid due to forgetting if I've already given them away, but looking at my outbox I'm 99% sure they should be alright.
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon -- MB-92B0C3AA9145B0BE - Taken by Natty1
XCOM -- MB-4E325BE52ECA0E6B - Taken by yoshizzle
Bioshock -- MB-13B6006B87A525A6 - Taken by louiedog

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, if anyone wants to trade cards, I have these repeated:
- BioShock
- Football Manager
- Prison Architect
- Reus

I need any of these:
- Skyrim
- Tomb Raider

DukeBobby

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

To the Moon -- MB-51DFCCBDBE9E453A - Taken by Volotaire

Seriously, more people need to play this.

Wow, totally unexpected, but earvcunanan gifted me Deus Ex (which I've never played). This should be interesting. There was a makeover mod that came out a while back right? Should I play it vanilla or with the mod?
I say vanilla but I'm a purist.

If you end up liking it, I recommend you give The Nameless Mod a shot afterwards. It's its own thing, with a meta plotline where you're placed in a ReBoot-like world; the mod takes place in a GameSpy forum. It's quirky, it's silly, it's a love letter to the original and it's a lot more Deus Ex to play if you start craving for it.

DukeBobby

I've seen it recommended a bunch.. anything it's similar to?

Heard it was more of an "experience" type game (which is fine) and hard to describe without spoilers?

Similar? Can't think of anything off the top of my head.

Yeah, it is more of an 'experience' type game. If you go into it expecting great gameplay, you will be sorely disappointed. Just sit back and enjoy the story.

Finally beat FTL on normal!
With The Torus and two of the starting lock down lasers and a level 1 anti ship done lol
I've never played it on easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom