• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

nacimento

Can you get rid of useless stuff in your inventory somehow?
Sick of these stupid The Ship singleplayer and expired Arma 3 Lite gifts.

Also have a 10% off Toki Tori 2 coupon that's supposed to be tradable if anyone's interested. Apparently must be on each others friends lists to trade stuff.

It has become a part of you forever. You shall carry this mark with you.

MikeDown

Banned
fuck it, I bought War Z.
you-what-have-you-done.jpg

Dec

I think Diablo 3 was so fucking awful it ruined me on the genre. I'm trying to play Torch2 and I'm just totally "meh"

Qrusher 14242 - BoI is SO FUCKING GOOD! You are totally right!

If you haven't played Titan Quest, try that. I always come back to it every year.

So, the Binding of Isaac DLC.. what's the story with it? New items/characters? story?

it add tons of new items, levels, bosses, enemies. It also makes the game a lot harder. There's a tool i got on the forums that allows you to disable it. I would play without it for a while cause it adds really hard enemies,

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
it add tons of new items, levels, bosses, enemies. It also makes the game a lot harder. There's a tool i got on the forums that allows you to disable it. I would play without it for a while cause it adds really hard enemies,

Interesting. I've only played it with the DLC installed and gave up because it was hard as balls.

Might have to check this out.

Tecl0n

I need a favour, i need someone to gift me Dark Souls (it's still a yesterday daily at 7.50, right?) since it's unavailable in my region but i can't use paypal to pay those listed in the op, i can gift another steam game(s) of equal or similar pricing of your choosing, i have the steam funds. Thanks.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Finally something off my wish list. Van helsing!

I wish the DLC were on sale... but I might buy it anyway
because the game is awesome

Seriously, the developers of The War Z are nothing you should support: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/06/20/the-war-z-changes-its-name-if-not-its-ways/

The War Z has previously been spotted borrowing images from other games, stating completely bogus stats about the size of the game, listing features on Steam the game didn’t include, and nicking their terms of service from League Of Legends. When I played The War Z last December, I discovered it to be an absolutely abysmal game with almost no redeemable features.

Caerith

For those new to it, you can buy the DLC as a gift and keep it in your inventory until you're ready to activate it.

(Which I've been doing for like a year now because I still haven't beaten the core game.)

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
So... Sang-Froid - Tales of Werewolves, Yay or nay? I heard it's kinda short? Guys help me decide.

Ferrio

Banned
Can someone help me? :(

Why are the controls in Binding of Isaac so floaty.

I'd love this game so much more if it was a lot tighter.

Part if it's charm. You'll get used to it, it turned me off as well. Then I got into it... 60 hours later I'm still playing it.

EDIT:

If you watch Twitch.tv streams I suggest watching

CobaltStreak (he's playing now)
http://www.twitch.tv/cobaltstreak

or Lethalfrag
http://www.twitch.tv/lethalfrag

Both are amazing at the game, cobalt is better though. You'll learn *alot* about the game.

hom3land

I need a favour, i need someone to gift me Dark Souls (it's still a yesterday daily at 7.50, right?) since it's unavailable in my region but i can't use paypal to pay those listed in the op, i can gift another steam game(s) of equal or similar pricing of your choosing, i have the steam funds. Thanks.

I can help. Won't be home till 10pm (it's 730 right now) pm me your info.

Cth

Glad I never picked up the DLC then :D

I still haven't beat Mom yet, but to be fair, I haven't played it nearly as much as others.

Can someone help me? :(

Why are the controls in Binding of Isaac so floaty.

I'd love this game so much more if it was a lot tighter.
The movement in the game shouldn't be floaty but your starting tears aren't that great by design. Once you start getting the better items it starts feeling incredibly empowering.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Have fun.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Binding of Isaac #2 -- MB-CAF890A409D95C03 - Taken by nightstorm
The Binding of Isaac -- MB-0BAD8DB0945AE7A7 - Taken by DomZ

hlhbk

So do you need to do anything in particular when idling for steam cards? Can you just alt+tab out of the game at the main menu? Does it show you earned the cards while you are still in game?

Is there anyone willing to gift me Port Royale 3 for Paypal? Steamprices tells me that It's literally 25% more expensive than buying in USD for me :(

LogicStep

Why the hell is the version with the soundtrack of Binding of Isaac not discounted? >;(

Edit: I did the add all to cart thing and it is discounted. For some reason it shows at 5.98

Unai

Guys, do you think Kindoms of Amalur has a chance of been on sale? I don't even know what company is handling its prices now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom