• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

antitrop

It plays really well, has some neat quests, and I thought the companion was really interesting.

She has good dialogue that is quite funny, has her own skill tree and attack modes and can do things similar to TL pets. Along with plenty of other cool things.

It's strange to describe these types of games but it took up all my time for a good two days straight.
These are the reasons I like the game, as well. The companion character is absolutely wonderful, the dialogue and VO is really good.

It's nothing mind blowing, but if you're a genre fan, you can do no wrong with Van Helsing.

def sim

iQvaOOE.png

75% off $19.99 is not $12.49. It's probably an error on your end since it's correct on mine.

edit: wait, is that $49.99? :O

I have a Ghostbusters key from Amazon and it won't work in Steam. I took the plunge and added it to steam as a non steam game, and got an icon for it from the great thread here @ neogaf. It works great with the overlay and everything.

There's a Polish game store (legit, but I hesitate to list it here given the CD Key site thing that went on a year or so ago) that is selling a Steam key for 19.99 in polish moon money. I think that works out around $6 or so, but before I start setting up a Polish VPN to order it, I'd like to know if it can still even be activated :-\

Razorskin

----- ------
Well Skyrim will be a daily deal tomorrow, if anyone hasn't already gotten it in the flash sale or when it was a community's choice.

My desktop background since the start of the sale is a rotation of all the Summer Getaway postcards.

Grief.exe

Well Skyrim will be a daily deal tomorrow, if anyone hasn't already gotten it in the flash sale or when it was a community's choice.

My desktop background since the start of the sale is a rotation of all the Summer Getaway postcards.

The only desktop background you will ever need

i87hKgYpzmdfq.png

Ettie

These are the reasons I like the game, as well. The companion character is absolutely wonderful, the dialogue and VO is really good.

It's nothing mind blowing, but if you're a genre fan, you can do no wrong with Van Helsing.

I'm being sucked in, damn!

Has anyone here completed the story in multiplayer?

Okay I can sell cards now. Can someone give me a to the point run down of how that works?

Also is there any reason to keep the cards beyond just having them in your inventory?

Caerith

I only know that, so far, I had never had any delay in getting a Summer Sale card whenever I bought a game. Having to wait for them to drop is something new to me.
Weird, the only cards I've gotten instantly are my votey cards. My "total spent" value seems to be a day behind, and I figured that was their lowest priority since I've seen a lot of other complaints about it taking like 5 hours to give cards.

Dungeon Siege series is already heavily discounted. 5 bucksish for DSIII and 2.37 for the others is really pretty decent.
Dungeon Siege has already been $5 for the entire series, so I'd hold off for a daily on that one.

Is Dead Island Riptide worth buying?

I love State of Decay and Dead Rising. Kind of that action, hack and slash, lots of weapons and gore type of game...

I'm just wondering how well it was done..I never played the original Dead Island either.

Is Dead Island Riptide worth buying?

I love State of Decay and Dead Rising. Kind of that action, hack and slash, lots of weapons and gore type of game...

I'm just wondering how well it was done..I never played the original Dead Island either.

I think it is just an "ok" game with an "ok" implementation. If you are a fan of the style, you'll probably get a lot more out of it. Go with the first one and see how you go.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
is it possible to play system shock 2 with a controller? also, BIT TRIP RUNNER 2 is the most addicting game i've gotten this sale. god damn, throw on headphones and this game is way too addicting.

ShizWhiz

Neo Member
is it possible to play system shock 2 with a controller? also, BIT TRIP RUNNER 2 is the most addicting game i've gotten this sale. god damn, throw on headphones and this game is way too addicting.

It's probably possible but waaaaay too impractical. Inventory screen and all that.

With the interface I'd say it would be incredibly impractical if not impossible to play SS2 with a controller.

metalshade

Well I bought Euro Truck Simulator 2 thanks to this thread.
Played it for 2 hours immediately, and I love it!
Backed my trailer right into the bay first try, using sequential manual gears, and no added HUD stuff.
Good mental workout that. Glad I have a natural talent for spatial awareness.
Everyone buy it, I don't care if you look at it and your first thought is "lol."
It is legitimately just a fun game, no pretences or airs and graces.

Prophane33

Backed my trailer right into the bay first try, using sequential manual gears, and no added HUD stuff.
Everyone buy it, I don't care if you look at it and your first thought is "lol."

Glad we've got another one hooked on this game.

smr00

Banned
I'm probably going to make this part of the title image for the next Steam OT after the summer sale.

Stew in your pile of regret.
I thought i would snag it at the end of the sale with my remaining $3 and saw today it was $4.99 and let go a darth vader NOOOOOOOOOO

Maybe i will grab it during the winter sale if the sale doesn't come back by the 22nd.

That's my #2 must buy when winter sale comes around.

I ended up getting Van Helsing as my last game instead of Euro. I was in the mood for some click,click,click,click,loot,loot,loot,loot.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
So, I just sold a card, but according to the community badge I haven't, lol

BRB, gonna buy EuroTruck Simulator.

Kingven

50 minutes until Kentucky Route Zero, Monaco, and Rogue Legacy are not flash sales.

Dear Gaben, I only need Monaco to be on sale...

Thanks,

Kingven.

GAF tell me, how many games from your original wishlist did you buy... i only bought 2 games from my original list (there were 19 games)... and 7 outside the list...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom