• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dungeon Siege series is already heavily discounted. 5 bucksish for DSIII and 2.37 for the others is really pretty decent.
I just need DS1, already have the other two. Will buy it with the Gothic bundle at the last day of the sale, if there's no more discounts.

chugen

isaac hate me
Ubi9lR7.jpg

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
I also just bought Euro Truck Simulator 2 because of this thread. Reading this is dangerous when you have money to spare.

okay

maybe that war z purchase was a mistake. launcher opens, I start creating an account...

"Serial key not valid" -_-

edit: Well nevermind, now it worked

The Lamp

Yeesh. Decided to get Dishonored off the sale and I'm not impressed by the game at all (1 hour in). The intro was laughably bad, the animation is bad, the graphics are meh (highest settings, smooth framerate), the only cool thing is the UI. and the stealth is pretty lame too. I'm sure things will get more fun when I have more toys but all I have is 1 or 2 weapons and I already feel crazy OP.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Just tried the Call of Juarez Gunslinger demo. It looks really nice, it's certainly a game I'd like to play someday.

Well I bought Euro Truck Simulator 2 thanks to this thread.
Played it for 2 hours immediately, and I love it!
Backed my trailer right into the bay first try, using sequential manual gears, and no added HUD stuff.
Good mental workout that. Glad I have a natural talent for spatial awareness.
Everyone buy it, I don't care if you look at it and your first thought is "lol."
It is legitimately just a fun game, no pretences or airs and graces.
I'd buy it if it were $5 or less. $10 is a lot for a game that I'd probably get bored of in a couple of hours.

Speaking of backgrounds, Mark of the Ninja has some pretty terrible backgrounds. Thank you, Klei, I'd love to display the tattoo artist, clan leader, and crime lord from the game on my Steam profile's background.

Oh, and how did you know I wanted all of the art on this background to be obscured by all of the other Steam profile elements?

FaintDeftone

I'm kinda hoping UT3 wins that community vote. I already have the other two and I haven't played UT3 yet.

By the way, what is the purpose of the Steam post cards?

Oublieux

Yeesh. Decided to get Dishonored off the sale and I'm not impressed by the game at all (1 hour in). The intro was laughably bad, the animation is bad, the graphics are meh (highest settings, smooth framerate), the only cool thing is the UI. and the stealth is pretty lame too. I'm sure things will get more fun when I have more toys but all I have is 1 weapon and I already feel crazy OP.

The problem with Dishonored is that there's only 2 ways to stealth and have low chaos (for the good ending): choke or sleep dart.

This ends up being really repetitive. You can still get the low chaos ending by killing a few enemies, but only by keeping it to a minimum. For all the fun toys you get and ways to kill, it's a bit of a shame that a non-kill stealth run only really has two ways of doing so.

Hrrrm.

I was looking through the Steam discussions and a few folk were arguing about Punkbuster and how it invasively hooks into your system for the anti-cheat stuff, when someone popped up with this:

No what is more worrying is Steam is hooking and code injecting into Kernel32.dll and spying on what processes is running etc.

Really? Because that's a big fucking problem if so.

Anyone else not receiving a summer sale card from purchases? Just spent $11 on top of the $6 I had rolling over from yesterdays purchases and nothing.

That happened to me last night. I took at least an hour for the cards to show up in my inventory. I say an hour because I went to bed and when I woke up this morning my cards were there.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
[H]
Brutal Legend - Crying Spot, Doviculus, Fletus, Heart Cutter, Motorforge, Eddie's Dad
CS:GO - Balkan (2x), Swat
L4D2 - Jockey (2x), Witch
Summer Getaway - Bioshock Infinite, Chivalry
TF2 - Medic (2x), Pyro

[W]
Summer Getaway - Reus, Skyrim, Torchlight II
Super Meat Boy - All
The Binding of Isaac - All
Wrong thread

Going to open my Alan Wake booster. Wish me luck

ShizWhiz

Neo Member
[H]
Brutal Legend - Crying Spot, Doviculus, Fletus, Heart Cutter, Motorforge, Eddie's Dad
CS:GO - Balkan (2x), Swat
L4D2 - Jockey (2x), Witch
Summer Getaway - Bioshock Infinite, Chivalry
TF2 - Medic (2x), Pyro

[W]
Summer Getaway - Reus, Skyrim, Torchlight II
Super Meat Boy - All
The Binding of Isaac - All

There's a thread dedicated for trading.

Brannon

Enhanced Steam says

281 Games...

~$1,300.

Now I know that looks bad [/hawkguy], but when you've had roommates who want Game X right NOW and your PC is the only one that can run it and they shove the money in your face or just use their own credit card to get it... well good luck trying to tell them to wait for sales.

No, I don't know why they never made their own accounts. There are still games that I've never even looked at before. But I won't complain; they're all mine now!

Nabs

Speaking of backgrounds, Mark of the Ninja has some pretty terrible backgrounds. Thank you, Klei, I'd love to display the tattoo artist, clan leader, and crime lord from the game on my Steam profile's background.

Oh, and how did you know I wanted all of the art on this background to be obscured by all of the other Steam profile elements?

They probably did that after reading your kompelling mortal kombat review.

metalshade

I'd buy Euro Truck 2 if it were $5 or less. $10 is a lot for a game that I'd probably get bored of in a couple of hours.

I can see myself playing it a lot when I just look at my steam list and can't decide what to play, it will probably be this.

Plus it seems like one of those games good for listening to podcasts or whatever if you are into that sort of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom