• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
banner.png

not sure if anyone posted the new Strider gameplay here yet. It's coming to Steam.

skeptical cause its made by Double Helix, but I think it looks kinda alright

Thanks I was waiting to see some gameplay!

I never played Strider 2, but this looks fun!

Brannon

Rhode Island owns the IP and authorizes the discounts.

Its already been on sale once this year since the IP has been handed over. Rhode Island netted over $700,000 with that one sale.

I can't believe they wouldn't put it on sale again.

We need to bomb Rhode Island's official twitter and tell them to put it on sale again so's they can get the moneys.

Prophane33

I can see myself playing it a lot when I just look at my steam list and can't decide what to play, it will probably be this.

Plus it seems like one of those games good for listening to podcasts or whatever if you are into that sort of thing.

I love listening to the European radio stations on the in game radio it's a strange mix of music in English and whatever native language is in the country of origin. I never thought of listening to podcasts while playing this, that's a good idea.

Sullichin

Do you like video games
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dark Souls -- MB-1A5DB1163D8A3801 - Taken by derExperte

masterkajo

Explain XCOM to me and why I should get it. Also, I suck at strategy games but I play them anyway. GO!

It's an awesome "You are in charge of XCom now go defend earth without any clue but still somehow manage and start to care for your dudes which makes it so much harder if they permadie and even though it looks like you lose and have some hard defeats you might pull through in the end and win which feels sooo goood" type of game.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I can see myself playing it a lot when I just look at my steam list and can't decide what to play, it will probably be this.

Plus it seems like one of those games good for listening to podcasts or whatever if you are into that sort of thing.
I don't know, that kind of game you just mentioned was Super Hexagon in my case. Now that I finished it, I'm gonna need a new game of that sort. Still, 10 bucks is a bit steep for me. Which is a shame, I loved driving under the rain in the demo and would really like to do it again.

Seems that Hammerpoint are trolling the Steam community by re-adding their metacritic scores AFTER their game becomes one of the best sellers.

I suppose when the logo for your game is up there on the front page of Steam, the scores don't really matter anyhow - they won the Steam sales.

Sullichin

Damn that went fast. I keep forgetting to put any limitations on my giveaways, probably wouldn't make a difference. Sorry to those that didn't get it, I know that feel

Crayons

Banned
It's so wrong that War Z is selling so much because of the name change and lol zombies. Even Bad Rats deserves a place on the top sellers more than War Z.

I made a character, spawned in, some guy ran up behind me and killed me with a flashlight and I can't respawn for an hour

whatdafuck =(

it didn't even seem that bad till then!

dave is ok

aztek is ok
It's so wrong that War Z is selling so much because of the name change and lol zombies. Even Bad Rats deserves a place on the top sellers more than War Z.
It sold a bunch even before the name change (except for the week it was taken off of the store). It's been one of the Top 20 games played on Steam for months.

I made a character, spawned in, some guy ran up behind me and killed me with a flashlight and I can't respawn for an hour

whatdafuck =(

Don't worry, you pay REAL MONEY to respawn immediately!

Vodh

To anyone on the fence, if you've seen any videos and liked them, buy Sang-Froid. The mood and soundtrack are great and the game itself is adorably enjoyable so far.

I am hearing from more than once person on my steam buddy list that it's actually much improved from War Z. Definitely tempted to jump in and see what all the fuss is about.
Can't be any worse than Dear Esther

ShizWhiz

Neo Member

whatdafuck =(

Well I guess that's enough to show everyone else how quickly buyer's remorse kicks in after buying the game.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?

whatdafuck =(

Holy shit, really? That's fucked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom