• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oublieux

I drank too much and completely blacked out last night in front of the girl I like (this never happens, and I usually don't get so shitfaced--not too happy right now). I am now drowning in shame and want to spend it on Steam, but of course the only games I want have not been on sale yet.

I'm literally facepalming right now. So. Embarrassed.

Kerub

Banned
I drank too much and completely blacked out last night in front of the girl I like (this never happens, and I usually don't get so shitfaced--not too happy right now). I am now drowning in shame and want to spend it on Steam, but of course the only games I want have not been on sale yet.

Make sure to get Bad Rats!

I like the Shodan background a lot more than the confrontation one or w/e it's called.

Here's to some crappy flash sales so that our wallet's may be safe!

ShizWhiz

Neo Member

Psht if you're not blacking out in front of girls you like, you're not doing it right.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

Try not to pass out in front of Steam. Gabe may laugh at you.

metalshade

I'm reminded I bought Far Cry 3 at 35 during the last sale and played it for 30 minutes. What is wrong with me ;-;

I wouldn't worry, you played it for as long as it was interesting, that's it, you are done, you can delete it and move on.
Honestly, just leave it. It will be more interesting to occassionaly wonder what the game is like, rather than actually sit through several hours of mind numbingly dull gameplay with momentary glimpses of fun.

Salsa

anyone knows why avast is on alert here? weird
Saqdhr0.jpg

everytime i refresh the page

ok on this page no more avast alert.

well, if you read, you would have realized it was the Strider banner :p

I was reposting from some other gaffer that hosted it, so no idea. Sorry about that

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, I feel salty for getting Infestation now. I mean, for $3 at least I can feed my curiosity.
If you wanna waste your money, there's a bunch of Foo Fighters CDs you could gift me instead. I can guarantee I'll enjoy those albums more than you will enjoy the game.

Crayons

Banned
If you wanna waste your money, there's a bunch of Foo Fighters CDs you could gift me instead. I can guarantee I'll enjoy those albums more than you will enjoy the game.

Seconded. There are a lot better options to spend $3. You can buy french fries at McDonalds and watch seagulls fight over them, and that would be better than funding the devs of 28 Scams Later.

Echoplx

So does anyone have anything positive to say about Risen 2? I loved the first but every time the sequel goes on sale I hear nothing but bad things.

Is the only way to get a foil version of a Summer Getaway card through crafting the badge? I'm kinda tempted to go after the foil badge, but I'm not sure I want to drop 10-15 bucks just to get it.

Ha! Apparently when you die in Infestation, not only does it scatter all of your loot, but also any of the in-game microtransaction currency you happened to have on you at the time :)

That's either horrible or absolute genius.

Well, at least the standalone version of Day Z is supposed to be out soon

Are they going to have to change the name too? Day Z still sounds fairly similar to War Z, and you know how these litigators love a pay day!

Volotaire

Did I make a mistake buying the ARMA II bundle this sale then?
I bought it exclusively to play Day Z.

Well kind of no, the initial standalone will be in Alpha as well, and mods won't be supported.

It's pricing structure, whatever it uses, will be more than the ARMA 2 on sale as well.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So who wants a free copy of Rogue Legacy? Or Final Fantasy VII? Or Kingdoms of Amular?

Be sure to enter the Enhanced Steam Summer Sale video contest for your chance to win your choice of any game on Steam (priced $29.99 or less).

Details here.

(Seriously guys, you need to enter. Currently there has only been one entry, so your chances of winning are currently very high.)

Sullichin

So who wants a free copy of Rogue Legacy? Or Final Fantasy VII? Or Kingdoms of Amular?

Be sure to enter the Enhanced Steam Summer Sale video contest for your chance to win your choice of any game on Steam (priced $29.99 or less).

Details here.

(Seriously guys, you need to enter. Currently there has only been one entry, so your chances of winning are currently very high.)
Great giveaway... I think I'm too lazy to make a video though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom