• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

Maybe I can save someone who wants to slaughter zombies from buying WarZ. Game isn't the greatest but with four players fun for a few hours (if one of the many bugs doesn't ruin everything).

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sniper Elite Nazi Zombie Army -- MB-91C6DCAC39B11A59 - Taken by unpurposed

Grief.exe

So who wants a free copy of Rogue Legacy? Or Final Fantasy VII? Or Kingdoms of Amular?

Be sure to enter the Enhanced Steam Summer Sale video contest for your chance to win your choice of any game on Steam (priced $29.99 or less).

Details here.

(Seriously guys, you need to enter. Currently there has only been one entry, so your chances of winning are currently very high.)

What about any amount of games up to a value of $29.99?

masterkajo

So who wants a free copy of Rogue Legacy? Or Final Fantasy VII? Or Kingdoms of Amular?

Be sure to enter the Enhanced Steam Summer Sale video contest for your chance to win your choice of any game on Steam (priced $29.99 or less).

Details here.

(Seriously guys, you need to enter. Currently there has only been one entry, so your chances of winning are currently very high.)

I would love to enter but I don't know anything about video capture software and video editing and have no clue about youtube uploading. Any suggestions on free screen capture software and video editing software?

mrgone

Did I make a mistake buying the ARMA II bundle this sale then?
I bought it exclusively to play Day Z.

bad_news.jpg

(Better than paying 18 for it during the sale last year, though! :) )

Iresecia

Neo Member
Ha! Apparently when you die in Infestation, not only does it scatter all of your loot, but also any of the in-game microtransaction currency you happened to have on you at the time :)

That's either horrible or absolute genius.

Are they going to have to change the name too? Day Z still sounds fairly similar to War Z, and you know how these litigators love a pay day!

I'm surprised they got away with releasing the game with such annoying play limitations in place. Seems more like they don't want you to play at all.

I don't see why they'd have to change the name though since Day Z is already established and associated with the mod. Since the mod is on Steam someone would have found it already if they had a gripe with the name. Unless they just decide to do it years later like some people do.

Maybe I can save someone who wants to slaughter zombies from buying WarZ. Game isn't the greatest but with four players fun for a few hours (if one of the many bugs doesn't ruin everything).

Anyone having an issue with this game not pulling up the steam overlay? Same thing not happens with V2 :/

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
What about any amount of games up to a value of $29.99?

I could do that. Rogue Legacy AND Final Fantasy VII? You guys are crazy, but sure!

metalshade

Jesus christ. You are The One.

Not being smug, but I am actually an excellent driver, I used to have to back up a 1/2 mile dirt track, using my mirrors, and stone walls either side only a foot away. Everyday for 7 years.

And now I drive a Citroen Picasso lol.

Crayons

Banned
I'm surprised they got away with releasing the game with such annoying play limitations in place. Seems more like they don't want you to play at all.

I don't see why they'd have to change the name though since Day Z is already established and associated with the mod. Since the mod is on Steam someone would have found it already if they had a gripe with the name. Unless they just decide to do it years later like some people do.

They had to legally because of the movie World War Z.

Grief.exe

They actually had to change the name because of a legal complaint from the World War Z movie.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

Details here.

Is there a rule against pulsing, ignorant as fuck dubstep and flashing colors?

Salsa

Details here.

jshackles you so silly

can I make a silent video

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Hmmm... bought EuroTruck, XCom DLC and gifted a game (enough for 2 cards), and still haven't gotten them. Anyone else had this issue?

CoolZombie

I have bought so many games in this sale it's insane. Over 50 now! Cannot stop playing Mark of the Ninja after loads here on GAF recommended it. Beautiful looking game too.

On a side note, and apologies if I've missed it but is there a thread to add new steam friends? I have nobody on my friends list and would love to add some GAFers. My username is CoolZombie360.

chugen

I have bought so many games in this sale it's insane. Over 50 now! Cannot stop playing Mark of the Ninja after loads here on GAF recommended it. Beautiful looking game too.

On a side note, and apologies if I've missed it but is there a thread to add new steam friends? I have nobody on my friends list and would love to add some GAFers. My username is CoolZombie360.

you gonna get friended

your only friend is gabe, awesome

GK86

Homeland Security Fail

You can add me. Xgk86.

i fired up antichamber only to find out that I have motion sickness... well there goes all the first-person games for me

damn. Was that your first first-person game ever? What does playing make you feel like. Is it movements in a certain axis , direction, etc?

My condolences bro, that sucks. I consider a motion sickness diagnosis to be comparable to the gut punch of emotions someone must feel when a doctor gives them "the bad news" when it's cancer or something. :(

Grief.exe

i fired up antichamber only to find out that I have motion sickness... well there goes all the first-person games for me

Try adjusting the FOV value, if the FOV is too low, then you will feel sick if you are susceptible to motion sickness.

I had problems playing through Borderlands 1 because the FOV was so low. The only fix would get reset whenever you sprint, ADS, or got in a card. The constant resetting actually made me more sick!

Did you ever end up buying WarZ? I think you posted something like that in the thread :D

Thanks, dude!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom