• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Should both be in. Grief is in the gaf logo

I'll have to bust out my Law-O-Tron image zoom & enhance photoshop plugin later, cause damn is it hard to make out.

iYUtinbaH6phU.png

Now this. This.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Cmon, find me a way to automagically download all the avatars in a thread.

I found something to download all images, but since avatars aren't technically images (there's no .jpg or .png when linking to them on the vbulletin scripting), it doesn't work...

(however, what I found is probably golden for some threads in the OT forum... hmmm...)

Lint21

Neo Member
What fiasco? I was considering buying it...

There was an extremely negative expose-style article about the company and the CEO in particular IIRC. It involved accusations of sexism and underpaying/exploiting employees. I think it was on Kotaku? I'll try to dig it up.

Edit: nvm, Boss Doggie has you covered a few posts up.

mannerbot

Cmon, find me a way to automagically download all the avatars in a thread.

I found something to download all images, but since avatars aren't technically images (there's no .jpg or .png when linking to them on the vbulletin scripting), it doesn't work...

(however, what I found is probably golden for some threads in the OT forum... hmmm...)

You can't just start on the first page, leave autorefresh running until it's all caught up, and then save the page? After that it should be pretty easy to just sort by type or filesize and get all of the avatars together.

JoduanER2

There was an extremely negative expose-style article about the company and the CEO in particular IIRC. It involved accusations of sexism and underpaying/exploiting employees. I think it was on Kotaku? I'll try to dig it up.

Edit: nvm, Boss Doggie has you covered a few posts up.

he is what we call a "fat bastard"

Is this Van Hellsing game any good? How does it compare to Torchlight 2 and the like.

Yes, very good. The game improved a lot since launch. They're constantly updating the game. The audio quality is the best I heard this year, very great mixing. Same could be said about the score and the VO. I can't speak for Torchlight, but I have friends that played both games, and said Val is the better game. The only problem with Val is the broken Co-op. But the Single player is fun as hell so far. I'm loving it.

Well, I'm kind of disappointed in my purchase of Dishonored. It's certainly not bad, but I could have waited for it to be $5. I am, however, LOVING Fallen Enchantress: LH. Civ style game in a fantasy world? Heck yes.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Well, I'm kind of disappointed in my purchase of Dishonored. It's certainly not bad, but I could have waited for it to be $5. I am, however, LOVING Fallen Enchantress: LH. Civ style game in a fantasy world? Heck yes.

How are you approaching Dishonored?

The correct answer is to murder all the people.

After you save during your current stealth run, go fuckin nuts on everyone in the stage and then reload.

Wynnebeck

Banned
So I think I made a boo boo trying to play the Market. My level has been reset to 0 and none of my Inventory cards are showing up.

EDIT: They just came back. Phew!

Sajjaja

I've spent 30 hours playing Dishonored since I got it 3 days ago. I bought the DLC. I love this game.

This Steam sale has taught me that the community market search tools are near useless and need to be expanded with advanced search parameters. :(

On the bright side, I can now purchase again. :D

sunnz

I've spent 30 hours playing Dishonored since I got it 3 days ago. I bought the DLC. I love this game.

I to have spend quite a lot of time on it, SO SO good. Love the combat and the gameplay.

The very first level, were you kill
Cambell
is so far the best by a mile, it was a 10/10 there, now thought it's at like a 7/10 ( have to
kidnap that Elixir guy

Need more rainy weather!! Adds so much.

JoduanER2

Indubitably. That said, I have no regrets paying $30 for it and supporting the developers as best I can. One can only hope we see more Metro in a few years...

Giveaway time, albeit somewhat-lame-but-I-wanted-to-do-something in honor of my no longer being a junior style:

shit thank you! loved company of heroes back in the day, will replay it soon.

Hey fellow GAFfers, so it seems I'll be out of Town on the next two days (helping some friends in need) so this means no Sales but worst is I won't be able to participate on the ups & downs with all of you, great people until Sunday at very late hours or Monday morning :( I may try to get some service on mobile and Log in on Steam but it's going to be hard.

Never forget what we have here good GAFfers. We have built the best Community to share our passion for gaming, deals, Steam and friendship. It's been a great ride all these years and it just keep getting better.

I will miss you all for the upcoming 2-3 days, send me a PM giving a Bro-GAF-Hug later so I can have something to read when I'm back! I hope you can all enjoy these days and I hope to be back for the final day of this Summer Sale.

If I may, let me repost (it's a repost, don't ban me fellow Mods) a reminder of how great this Community is, which we have been working and interacting for so long:

------

A wise man once told me that if we collect all the Rocks we found on the ground we could, one day, build a Castle with all of them.

Sometimes I think that we, as a Community can become much more powerful when united. I believe that we have the best members on any Website or Message Board ever known simply because no matter how different we are, we share the same love for Games.

That is what makes me proud. All of you, fellow GAFfers.

dRwwOv0.jpg

There is a total of 335 fellow GAFfers in this picture that posted in this thread. There's more but after so many hours collecting these Avatars I might have missed some. I'm very sorry for that but the reason why I did this is:

We are one, we love Games, Steam, Backlogs, threads, hype trains, gifs, and so much more but all of this is unique because, when everything fails, we do not.

I missed this a couple pages back, but this is fantastic. :D I pay you much respect for going to the effort, even if you left me out. ;)

Dunlop

Installed chivalry,

played first multiplayer game..had ass handed to me

I'm going to bed :p

Also my download was insanely fast, Steam seems to have beefed things up

Prophane33

Installed chivalry,

played first multiplayer game..had ass handed to me

I'm going to bed :p

Also my download was insanely fast, Steam seems to have beefed things up

Same here, played about 3 rounds. Then tried the basic training. Game is pretty difficult but I had a blast. I'm terrible at multiplayer games, but I like playing them.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Because there are people who likes buy that kind of shitty games!

The Almighty Dollar.

I suppose so. Considering all the good games that have to be "greenlit" and then the La-Maluna guys basically being told to fuck off when wanting to do a flash sale, it just seems pretty shitty. Even if you forget the fact that they are selling a known scam game, the fact that the deals are basically just cycling through is kind of bad.

If anyone is considering Age of Empires II, be advised that the price for the pack with 2 and 3 is $17USD. 3 is currrently $13.59, so you save about $7 going with the bundle: http://store.steampowered.com/sub/26189/

Both are still horribly overpriced IMO, but MS seems quite reticent to go lower.
I'm still interested but goddamn $10 seems like so much for a remake during a sale where everything is seeing a big cut. 5.00 max I think. I guess I could use my Amazon price match discount, but that still would only get it to 7.50

Dec

Completely off-topic: Why do people use Skype? It's terrible. Frustrates me every time I need to use it. Thankfully Jitsi is around.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Completely off-topic: Why do people use Skype? It's terrible. Frustrates me every time I need to use it. Thankfully Jitsi is around.

I have a rather large group of friends who have grown to use it over the years. 3.8 was the last truly great all-purpose skype update. Anything after that added video chat features none of us wanted and a ton of product bloat, but we're all too lazy/attached to its quirks to change to something else.

Dec

I have a rather large group of friends who have grown to use it over the years. 3.8 was the last truly great all-purpose skype update. Anything after that added video chat features none of us wanted and a ton of product bloat, but we're all too lazy/attached to its quirks to change to something else.

Someone I talk to on a regular basis has a train very near their house. It goes through often and Skypes built in (and cannot be disabled) automatic gain controls boosts up the background noise to headache inducing levels. The actual voice quality is also quite bad compared to other programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom