• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
after filling my backlog with indies and big budget games like far cry 3 and metro LL, how do you guys decide what to play first. do you prefer getting the small games out of the way or the other way around?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Hey fellow GAFfers, so it seems I'll be out of Town on the next two days (helping some friends in need) so this means no Sales but worst is I won't be able to participate on the ups & downs with all of you, great people until Sunday at very late hours or Monday morning :( I may try to get some service on mobile and Log in on Steam but it's going to be hard.

Never forget what we have here good GAFfers. We have built the best Community to share our passion for gaming, deals, Steam and friendship. It's been a great ride all these years and it just keep getting better.

I will miss you all for the upcoming 2-3 days, send me a PM giving a Bro-GAF-Hug later so I can have something to read when I'm back! I hope you can all enjoy these days and I hope to be back for the final day of this Summer Sale.

If I may, let me repost (it's a repost, don't ban me fellow Mods) a reminder of how great this Community is, which we have been working and interacting for so long:

------

A wise man once told me that if we collect all the Rocks we found on the ground we could, one day, build a Castle with all of them.

Sometimes I think that we, as a Community can become much more powerful when united. I believe that we have the best members on any Website or Message Board ever known simply because no matter how different we are, we share the same love for Games.

That is what makes me proud. All of you, fellow GAFfers.

There is a total of 335 fellow GAFfers in this picture that posted in this thread. There's more but after so many hours collecting these Avatars I might have missed some. I'm very sorry for that but the reason why I did this is:

We are one, we love Games, Steam, Backlogs, threads, hype trains, gifs, and so much more but all of this is unique because, when everything fails, we do not.
Hope you have a good time, Monk. You're a great guy, I wish you the best!

Speaking of which:
I think I'm not featured here :(

Never mind, that's still an impressive collage.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Wow I was looking at my activity on Steam over the last 9 years... I don't deserve to have steam installed lol

So many games and so much game time missed because of WoW :)

Still no card from the 10$ I spent yesterday/this morning. And again no card just then for buying the Joe Danger bundle which totals $12.50 on its own.

How are you approaching Dishonored?

The correct answer is to murder all the people.

After you save during your current stealth run, go fuckin nuts on everyone in the stage and then reload.
I was just trying to stealth my way through and sneak around without killing. I'm thinking I should just kill to make it more entertaining, though, just like you said. This game reminds me of Bioshock so much and the keeps holding my attention.

JakeD

after filling my backlog with indies and big budget games like far cry 3 and metro LL, how do you guys decide what to play first. do you prefer getting the small games out of the way or the other way around?

fill your backlog with even more games and then more games and dont ever actually play any games. problem solved? thats my technique anyhow

Kuroyume

Banned
Not sure how anyone could fall for War Z. I mean, I can't be the only one who does a bit of research before buying something. A search on YouTube or google. Blind purchases are stupid.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Yes, very good. The game improved a lot since launch. They're constantly updating the game. The audio quality is the best I heard this year, very great mixing. Same could be said about the score and the VO. I can't speak for Torchlight, but I have friends that played both games, and said Val is the better game. The only problem with Val is the broken Co-op. But the Single player is fun as hell so far. I'm loving it.

Hey, thanks for this. I'll probably pick it up then. A Diablo-like to zone out to sounds kind of appealing to me right now.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Okay I'm thinking of two games:

Euro Truck Sim 2
Far Cry Blood Dragon (never played any far cry game before)

Give me a reason or two why I should not buy these games because they look neat. Not a reason for, a reason against other than price.
Haven't installed EuroTruck yet, but regarding Blood Dragon:

Code:
Played FC3? --- Yes ---> Liked it? --- Yes ----------------------\
    |                          \--- No ---------------------------+-------> Buy Blood Dragon
    \--- No ---> Like the 80s? --- Yes --------------------------/
                     \--- No ----> What's wrong with you?? -----/

Razorskin

----- ------
But it has zombies like that Walking Dead show!

ZOMBIES?!!?!

steam_money0hibgrzuhl.gif

antitrop

Haven't installed EuroTruck yet, but regarding Blood Dragon:

Code:
Played FC3? --- Yes ---> Liked it? --- Yes ----------------------\
    |                          \--- No ---------------------------+-------> Buy Blood Dragon
    \--- No ---> Like the 80s? --- Yes --------------------------/
                     \--- No ----> What's wrong with you?? -----/

The Code Does Not Lie

First Steam Sale has been awesome.

What I've gotten (so far):
BLEED
The Binding Of Isaac + Wrath of the Lamb
Pid
Rainbow Six 3: Gold
Mount and Blade: Warband
Gunpoint
Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Puddle
Cargo Commander
Incredipede
Garry's Mod
Bastion

$10.90 left and four days to go

hom3land

Is counterstrike:GO just a prettier cs:s ? and is it new player friendly?

and looking on the forums for it, it seems cheating is pretty rampant. Truth or just bitching?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Salsa's video is going viral.

rrs

Dishonored is fun sneaking around, the high from blowing by a zillion guards without being spotted is way better than stab kill murder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom