• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sullichin

Trying to play Day Z and it's a pain in the ass. I'm getting kicked out of every server because I don't have required content or it won't accept the content in my AddOns folder.

Card Boy

Banned
Trying to play Day Z and it's a pain in the ass. I'm getting kicked out of every server because I don't have required content or it won't accept the content in my AddOns folder.

Get Day-Z Commander if you haven't already it automatically downloads every patch needed to play Day-Z and you can filter out servers not compatible with what you have. You can even search for friends.

8uwB2.png

DteYZ.png

No Day-Z player should be without Day-Z Commander. You can even set an option to get Steam overlay working from within Day-Z Commander, without the need for modding or launch commands.

I wish that the Dark Vision view in Dishonored didn't look so brown. Doing a stealth playthrough, I see so much of that screen filter, and feel like I'm missing out on the colorful world. I'm sure there were design reasons behind it, but it's just a bummer.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
That is what makes me proud. All of you, fellow GAFfers.[/I]

dRwwOv0.jpg

There is a total of 335 fellow GAFfers in this picture that posted in this thread. There's more but after so many hours collecting these Avatars I might have missed some. I'm very sorry for that but the reason why I did this is:

We are one, we love Games, Steam, Backlogs, threads, hype trains, gifs, and so much more but all of this is unique because, when everything fails, we do not.

Great work, I was able to find myself right away. Add this man to the list.

Speaking of which:

I have scoured this image and have not been able to find myself. Add this man to the list.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.

I stand by what I said earlier in this thread when that bully JavaDots was picking on you. You, The_Monk are one of the many GAF members that help make our community as great as it is. I'm happy that you are now my friend on Steam and I look forward to being able to game with you sometime!

That said I scanned the pic for a few minutes and even though I didn't see my iconic avi I'm still your bud and this is a great pic and effort! A labor of love for sure! Thanks again for helping make our community the best on the web. I hope to see you on Sunday sharing in the ultimate downer that will be the end of the sale for us. ;)

Sullichin

Install DayZ commander

Get Day-Z Commander if you haven't already it automatically downloads every patch needed to play Day-Z and you can filter out servers not compatible with what you have. You can even search for friends.

8uwB2.png

DteYZ.png

No Day-Z player should be without Day-Z Commander. You can even set an option to get Steam overlay working from within Day-Z Commander, without the need for modding or launch commands.

Thanks!

Love the Monk mosaic, so that was why he was ferociously collecting our avatars earlier ;). Found myself immediately due to its clutch spot.
Just finished Nazi Zombie Army solo, that was a good ride.

that video is gonna ruin people's lives

I went and got that enhanced steam just to check that out.

Something weird happens for me thought. If i hover over library on steam, the button for all games has (260) next to it. Under my profile it says 265. If I click on the "Games" button next to the 265 and then go to the all games tab, it says there are 278 games.

either I've spent a lot, or i've been frugal as fuck

B9wBvC1.png

Seven years, 794 games.

damn! thats like 3x my games and -$1000

Ptaaty

I really want Borderlands 2, but i also want all that DLC, but 10.19 for the base game and then another 46 bucks for all the DLC currently released with potentially more to come. Might wait until next year for a Borderlands 2 GOTY edition with everything

At a minimum I'd wait for a season pass + base game combo. I did at $13.50...but the current steam sale is a "pass for now" IMO.

I am struggling more games than I can play by far, but looking at Xcom. How long until it hits this price again? Played a couple minutes of the demo, some learning curve but I can envision some awesomeness if I put in some time.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Lunar Pack -- MB-88E51B9851E1F379 - Taken by mug

I've been touched by ModBot's metallic appendage.

Isaccard

I stand by what I said earlier in this thread when that bully JavaDots was picking on you. You, The_Monk are one of the many GAF members that help make our community as great as it is. I'm happy that you are now my friend on Steam and I look forward to being able to game with you sometime!

That said I scanned the pic for a few minutes and even though I didn't see my iconic avi I'm still your bud and this is a great pic and effort! A labor of love for sure! Thanks again for helping make our community the best on the web. I hope to see you on Sunday sharing in the ultimate downer that will be the end of the sale for us. ;)

Oh boy, I love a good circle jerk

Pass the lotion pls

Gvaz

Banned
I went and got that enhanced steam just to check that out.

Something weird happens for me thought. If i hover over library on steam, the button for all games has (260) next to it. Under my profile it says 265. If I click on the "Games" button next to the 265 and then go to the all games tab, it says there are 278 games.

damn! thats like 3x my games and -$1000

I don't buy games on release.

Last game I bought at full price? Witcher 2. Only other steam game I'll get at full price in the foreseeable future? Saints Row 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom