• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lint21

Neo Member
8 years, 729 games:

uPvaLTj.png

Fewr

I've never done cards before, but I have participated in previous steam holiday events. Why / How did I get to steam level 10?

Twie

Steam level up?

Nope, last time I leveled up was sometime last night and I've voted on every Community Choice, so my 3rd vote for the day isn't due for another 4rhs.

I was just afking in Dead Island to get some cards and got a random Summer Sale (Football Manager) card drop. Very odd.

I didnt get my card after a $10+ purchase...will i get it eventually?

I've had the same issue twice today now. Still nothing. Hopefully it gets worked out soon and I get 2 cards.

I assume most people are still receiving cards after $10 of purchases alright? If not I assume there would be a lot more people talking about it.

Ok let us play a game.

"Where is morningbus?"

The first person to find and circle morningbus in red wins a steam copy of...I don't know .. Lets say Chivalry. Go.

This just makes me think that I need to post in this thread more, haha.

I have probably hundreds of posts in Steam threads, but I doubt anyone here (that doesn't know me from being on my Steam friends list) even recognizes me XD.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Buying civ 5 was either the best or worst thing I've done during the sale. I haven't bought anything else because I CAN'T STOP.

mrgone

I'm not sure if it's related to the lack of cards for purchases, but I can't get any of the badge requirements for Pillar of Community to be recognized either. Maybe the community site's being crushed by nihilists DDoSing the site with WarZ purchases

Roche

I've come to the conclusion that I both love and hate the Steam Summer Sale. There's so many cheap games that I'm vaguely interested in playing, so I buy a bunch. Yet it all kinda adds up and my wallet hates me for it.

Though I've now got enough games to last forever.

Caerith

Ok, thanks. I'm buying a Bluetooth dongle tomorrow so I'm going to check this out. Hope this let's me play with my two wired 360 controllers and two DS3 at the same time.

You don't need a dongle for that to work. I've been using it to play with my wired DS3s just fine.

KiDdYoNe

It's a third thread and since i somehow managed read 1/4 or 1/3 of all of them, here's the question for you.

So steam sale. All the cards, emoticons, prices and nice backgrounds. Plus we have a new "themed game" every new day, i mean that one, highlited by a fancy picture. Well, i was on my way to work and noticed some news on Kotaku, that no one pulled up here (well, as i know). Those fancy pictures have some symbols on them. Since i was from the phone, i wasn't able to get a detailed look on those so i can't say much, but the fact is - they are exist. They are from the Valve. And again, from Kotaku, they mentioned if you get a close look on those symbols, there is a date, 22 july - end of the sale. Plus they of course mentioned all the "thirds, halfs and lifes".

And i can't get rid of that picture of Half-Life 2 right before the sale. That, with 3 crows on it. I know that the full art has all 3 of them, but since HL2 came out, everyone used the one with two crows. And im not sure, where that "full art" came from, because i only saw it after that Half-Life 2 sale picture. I'm not really HL3 rumor person, but you know...

We all know Valve working on some project, of course everyone knows what project that is but still there's no ANYTHING. So whatcha guys think about that symbols on the fancy pictures?

From that Kotaku article i can't say a thing, only based on their info. I don't think it's about some HL stuff, but what about it anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom