• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razorskin

----- ------
It's a third thread and since i somehow managed read 1/4 or 1/3 of all of them, here's the question for you.

So steam sale. All the cards, emoticons, prices and nice backgrounds. Plus we have a new "themed game" every new day, i mean that one, highlited by a fancy picture. Well, i was on my way to work and noticed some news on Kotaku, that no one pulled up here (well, as i know). Those fancy pictures have some symbols on them. Since i was from the phone, i wasn't able to get a detailed look on those so i can't say much, but the fact is - they are exist. They are from the Valve. And again, from Kotaku, they mentioned if you get a close look on those symbols, there is a date, 22 july - end of the sale. Plus they of course mentioned all the "thirds, halfs and lifes".

And i can't get rid of that picture of Half-Life 2 right before the sale. That, with 3 crows on it. I know that the full art has all 3 of them, but since HL2 came out, everyone used the one with two crows. And im not sure, where that "full art" came from, because i only saw it after that Half-Life 2 sale picture. I'm not really HL3 rumor person, but you know...

We all know Valve working on some project, of course everyone knows what project that is but still there's no ANYTHING. So whatcha guys think about that symbols on the fancy pictures?

From that Kotaku article i can't say a thing, only based on their info. I don't think it's about some HL stuff, but what about it anyway?

It's all been figured out friend

http://i.imgur.com/GSRUVjV.jpg

It's a third thread and since i somehow managed read 1/4 or 1/3 of all of them, here's the question for you.

So steam sale. All the cards, emoticons, prices and nice backgrounds. Plus we have a new "themed game" every new day, i mean that one, highlited by a fancy picture. Well, i was on my way to work and noticed some news on Kotaku, that no one pulled up here (well, as i know). Those fancy pictures have some symbols on them. Since i was from the phone, i wasn't able to get a detailed look on those so i can't say much, but the fact is - they are exist. They are from the Valve. And again, from Kotaku, they mentioned if you get a close look on those symbols, there is a date, 22 july - end of the sale. Plus they of course mentioned all the "thirds, halfs and lifes".

And i can't get rid of that picture of Half-Life 2 right before the sale. That, with 3 crows on it. I know that the full art has all 3 of them, but since HL2 came out, everyone used the one with two crows. And im not sure, where that "full art" came from, because i only saw it after that Half-Life 2 sale picture. I'm not really HL3 rumor person, but you know...

We all know Valve working on some project, of course everyone knows what project that is but still there's no ANYTHING. So whatcha guys think about that symbols on the fancy pictures?

From that Kotaku article i can't say a thing, only based on their info. I don't think it's about some HL stuff, but what about it anyway?

Please don't send us down this rabbit hole again.

Many of us are still hurting from the first dozen false HL3 flags :'(

lol, awesome, is it Salsa in the video?

The one and only!

El Odio

Banned
I'll admit it gaf, I didn't believe you when you said SS2 was scary but damn. I've only gotten to the first combat part and the damn enemies there are freaking me out. The fact that I got a duplicate SHODAN card afterwards just makes it worse.

Ok, thanks. I'm buying a Bluetooth dongle tomorrow so I'm going to check this out. Hope this let's me play with my two wired 360 controllers and two DS3 at the same time.

Oh, just remembered. That post said that you can leave the "force install" box unchecked, but later on in that thread someone couldn't get it to install until after they checked that box.

I installed it last night and checked the "force install" box, it installed fine. Was able to play Super Meat Boy no problems.

Edit-

You don't need a dongle for that to work. I've been using it to play with my wired DS3s just fine.

He said he was planning to connect 2 360 controllers and 2 Dualshocks, so maybe he might run out of USB ports and needs to go Bluetooth? In any case, yeah you only need a dongle if you want to go wireless, i dont use a dongle since I just use my USB cable with my Dualshock.

Sup guys. Thanks to toddhunter I won Chivalry but my crappy laptop can't run it. Obviously I didn't want the code to go to waste so I'm regifting it through ModBot.

Here's the catch though. I hid the last 3 digits in a previous post of mine. Let's just say you'd be a sad Mad Man to miss it. GO!

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Chivalry -- MB-ED63E637D7637??? - taken by tylerf

I hope this is fun and doesn't totally suck.

Vecks

Sup guys. Thanks to toddhunter I won Chivalry but my crappy laptop can't run it. Obviously I didn't want the code to go to waste so I'm regifting it through ModBot.

Here's the catch though. I hid the last 3 digits in a previous post of mine. Let's just say you'd be a sad Mad Man to miss it. GO!

Will modbot know to cross it out now that you have changed the text?

Prophane33

Will modbot know to cross it out now that you have changed the text?

Did you break ModBot?

OUefcYx.gif

Turfster

Yeah, I give up, sorry.

Thanks guys. I already have two wired controllers and I'm looking for a wireless solution because I want to play on my TV. I would also like to have the ability to use my four controllers at the same time (for games like Sonic ASR Tranformed) that's why I'm asking.

Edit: I'm on my phone so I can't quote properly. Thanks again.

Prophane33

How in the hell are you guys getting so many cards?

Are you idling with all games that support cards at once?

Not at once, just one at a time. I've only bought 2 or 3 games that supported cards during the sale. Luckily, a ton of the games I already owned had cards. I've been idling day and night since the sale began. Currently, I have no more games to farm for cards. I wonder if the Paradox cards will be added before or after the sale (I guess it depends when/if there is a Europa Universalis and/or Victoria Daily or Flash).

tylerf

Looks like it didn't edit, but I won ;) thanks dude and thanks to todd

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I lost my first match in Chivalry, but I hit C at least 3 dozen times. One of those times I was being torn to shreds by arrows. Did I really lose?

That's a good question. I dunno. Hopefully the winner will let us know and I'll edit it I guess.

Yeah lol I'm stumped - I literally just went back like 10 pages and reviewed all your posts but don't see the last three digets. Lol I sent it to Modbot with the last three digets as question marks - so I should win, right. Right?

terrible

Banned
Made over $8 selling some cards earlier. Yay!

I lost my first match in Chivalry, but I hit C at least 3 dozen times. One of those times I was being torn to shreds by arrows. Did I really lose?

Wait, you can actually win in Chivalry? From my experience that's just not true.

Ohwiseone

I am in the process of building a new Gaming Rig, So I am buying games, so I can play the games whenever I finish it up.

This is my frist Summer Sale, and I just got paid from work.

This won't end well..

zkylon

zkylewd
massive market undercutting operations going well? whats the damage?
made 14 bucks today (sold 7 more cards + 1 booster pack since my last post :p) and still have a few more cards to sell. total with pre-summer sale cards must be like 60 bucks.

all the games I've gotten in the summer sale I've gotten for free (i am alive, the swapper, gunpoint, dishonored dlc and system shock 2)

can't say it's been too much work either

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I am in the process of building a new Gaming Rig, So I am buying games, so I can play the games whenever I finish it up.

This is my frist Summer Sale, and I just got paid from work.

This won't end well..

Enjoy eating ramen for a month!

Welcome to Steam!
Now get started on that backlog and wear protection so you don't get infected with Bad Rats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom