• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Could someone link me to the fix for Dark Souls? I haven't launched it yet because I can't seem to find the fixes.

Also still lame no sales :(

Orion Dino Horde
Dino D Day
Primal Carnage

Are there any dinosaur games on Steam that aren't crap and have some form of offline play (bots are fine)?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Nice to see some developers understand what DLC should be like.

I'm not against paid DLC if the price is proportional to the amount of included content, but I much prefer the Valve/CDPR method of releasing DLC for free so as to reward existing customers and entice purchases from the more hesitant.

Salsa

"I'm going to bed" and "I just woke up" make up about half the total. ;)

saoirse-ronan-hi5-o.gif

I'm not against paid DLC if the price is proportional to the amount of included content, but I much prefer the Valve/CDPR method of releasing DLC for free so as to reward existing customers and entice purchases from the more hesitant.

No argument there, free DLC should be ideal, but I don't think we'll see much of that in the future.

Also masking DLC as new games ( looking at Sins of a solar empire Trinity / Rebellion and similars ) is disgusting.

Raggie

Stay clear from Kingdoms of Amalur. I shamefully bought it day 1 on the 360 and my friend played it to. We both neveribeat it. I was like 40 hours in until I hit this "invisible" boredom wall. You instantly realize the game lacks depth, originality, and is HIGHLY repetitive. Combat IS fun...for the first few hours. Very easy on the hardest difficulty mode IMO. The environments are sooooooo lonely. Just you and monsters.

Imagine a mini WoW world without players besides yourself.

Quests and story are highly forgettable.

The only redeeming quality is the combat "can" be good at times, but it really lacks depth. It has potential...it does, but it falls soon after you "realize" it. You may not believe me at 5 hours in, 20 hours in...but you will soon at "some" point.

You are not pleased to get "just" 40 hours out of one game? 40 hours is a lot. 20 hours is very good. 5 hours is the same or even more than what a lot games offer these days. If a game is cheap and I get 5 hours of fun out of it, I consider myself satisfied.

You hear that, Rhode Islands?

Seriously, someone needs to give them a call and tell them how to sell games.

Man this sale has been weak as hell thus far. Where are the sales on the newer games?

80+% of the games going on sale at this thing are like nearly a year or more old and have been on sale before.

Can we please get some newer stuff on sale please?

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Man this sale has been weak as hell thus far. Where are the sales on the newer games?

80+% of the games going on sale at this thing are like nearly a year or more old and have been on sale before.

I thought they stopped making PC games this year? Isn't this summer sale like a fire sale type deal because of that?

Nabs

What are you looking for exactly?

Orion Dino Horde
Dino D Day
Primal Carnage

Are there any dinosaur games on Steam that aren't crap and have some form of offline play (bots are fine)?

I don't really have an answer to your question, but I support your cause. There was one weekend where Orion and Primal Carnage were both part of a free weekend promo, which I was calling Double Dino weekend™

It was a cool weekend.

Dinosaurs rule.

Those games might not.

Dinosaurs.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Confirmed once again, Civilization is crack cocaine and most definitely not suited for me, or maybe I am a time travellers skipping hours

Wait until you have picked up the DLC for it. Then you will never sleep.

Unless you already have, then you have done well.

You are not pleased to get "just" 40 hours out of one game? 40 hours is a lot. 20 hours is very good. 5 hours is the same or even more than what a lot games offer these days. If a game is cheap and I get 5 hours of fun out of it, I consider myself satisfied.

Lol I'm from Rhode Island... Ill pass along your message to... Someone.

Grief.exe

Saoirse Ronan pronouncing her name

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC8dDb6fkD0&t=00m51s

One of the mods had an interesting post about the psychology difference between PC gamers and console gamers.

Console gamers tend to rank 'fun' as time spent in a game, and relegate multiplayer-only titles as trash. It was really a very interesting read about the differences, I wish I could find it.

Tellaerin

A year's really not that old. : /

Total random thought....but does anyone else agree that Surgeon Simulator 2013 needs a Trespasser operation addon? You know, as an homage to the original floating hoverbody with one arm? They could even add enormous breasts with a heart tattoo to your view and have you perform surgery on a raptor or triceratops or something.

JaseC

I'm not fussed about the lesser discounts on newer titles; it's chiefly about the non-featured deals for me.

SaoirseShark.

JaseC

Tempted on CS:GO. What do you guys think?

I think it's great. The game isn't without its flaws (e.g. no silencers yet :(), but for the most part it's a fine amalgamation of 1.6 and Source. I'd place GO ahead of the latter but behind the former.

Mairu

Every time I see JaseC I get annoyed a little bit at how bad The Host was :(

I'm sorry JaseC but it was probably the worst movie I've seen this year and I watch a lot of movies. Andrew Niccol needs to go back to making good movies.

Hopefully her next film isn't so bad.

I think it's great. The game isn't without its flaws (e.g. no silencers yet :(), but for the most part it's a fine amalgamation of 1.6 and Source. I'd place GO ahead of the latter but behind the former.

Well there you go. I've played for a couple of hours and enjoyed it, but kept thinking I was doing something wrong because I couldn't get the silencer to work like the good old days.

The more you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom