• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alien Bob

taken advantage of my ass
Every time I see JaseC I get annoyed a little bit at how bad The Host was :(

I'm sorry JaseC but it was probably the worst movie I've seen this year and I watch a lot of movies. Andrew Niccol needs to go back to making good movies.

Hopefully her next film isn't so bad.

The Host was fantastic, one of the best greatest movies. I don't remember that Romulan person being in it, though

So just curious...is this the late night GAFfers or are the majority here now in other countries where it's morning/afternoon already?

In Florida, it's 2:15 am. Should probably go to sleep, right?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I'm sorry JaseC but it was probably the worst movie I've seen this year and I watch a lot of movies. Andrew Niccol needs to go back to making good movies.

I didn't think much of it, either. Saoirse was fine, as was William Hurt, but they were both hamstrung by inadequate co-stars, a terrible script and a washed up director looking to make a quick buck.

It's thoroughly depressing that Niccol peaked with his debut feature (although, that said, I didn't mind Lord of War).

Grief.exe

So just curious...is this the late night GAFfers or are the majority here now in other countries where it's morning/afternoon already?

In Florida, it's 2:15 am. Should probably go to sleep, right?

I'll go to bed, just one more turn in Civ V....

what_year_is_it.jpg

morikaze

Banned
I have no interest in playing it, but that's what I voted for earlier.

Your wish is my command... because I voted for it earlier. I did strongly consider Amnesia, though.

Thank you! I really want to buy the three pack for me and some friends. We were talking about all playing it together a while ago and I think it would be a nice surprise. The three pack is $15.99 right now, which is a GREAT deal already. I wonder how low it would go. $11.99? $7.99? I need it!

No wonder we haven't seen as much of you.

Thread has really died down.
Yeah but actually it was the worst timing for a vacation ever. First, we leave just as the Sale starts. Then, we leave NY, had been raining for most of the previous week. Get to Florida, rain every day so far, heat wave in NY

neoism

it was bad but not that bad i did lmao at the ending...

Fracas

#fuckonami
Anyone had issues with System Shock 2? Every time I try to adjust the resolution to match my display (1600x900), I get an error that says the game is not compatible with my hardware.

My specs (laptop) are an i7 processor, nvidia 650m, amd 8gb DDR3 RAM.

edit: nevermind, I think I fixed it. SS2 was using integrated graphics; I forced it to run with my 650m through the nvidia control panel and it seems fine now.

Milamber

Too many outside people (non-GAF) are adding me and asking for cards. Then this guy comes along and throws me for a loop...

Z7OzWf1.png

I feel guilty now. I think.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Too many outside people (non-GAF) are adding me and asking for cards. Then this guy comes along and throws me for a loop...

http://i.imgur.com/Z7OzWf1.png[/ IMG]

I feel guilty now.[/QUOTE]

That was me asshole. :(

OK not really.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
it was bad but not that bad i did lmao at the ending...

The only element of the film's closing act I can remember is Emily Browning looking very strange, as if something was wrong with her face.

cool, ty.

I'm considering purchasing a complete set of regular and foil Summer Sale cards to flog off for a profit at later date, seeing as they'll no longer drop once the sale is over.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore

Z7OzWf1.png

I feel guilty now. I think.

Lol... yeah I would react the same way... like dude do I know you?!? Live chats always seemed creepy to me if its not with peeps you know!

Mairu

The Host was fantastic, one of the best greatest movies. I don't remember that Romulan person being in it, though
You're probably thinking of the Korean monster movie?
I didn't think much of it, either. Saoirse was fine, as was William Hurt, but they were both hamstrung by inadequate co-stars, a terrible script and a washed up director looking to make a quick buck.

It's thoroughly depressing that Niccol peaked with his debut feature (although, that said, I didn't mind Lord of War).

Gattaca is like my favorite movie of all time... Truman Show was pretty great too. I agree though - Lord of War was decent, but In Time was pretty bad and I stand by my statement of The Host being worst movie of the year (so far!)

Time to sleep and hopefully wake up to Monaco finally being on sale.

satori

Ok....my friends and I had a fuking blast with chivalry. I dont know that game had all of us in tears the whole night. Grrr too bad I have work or else I totally could see myself pull an all nighter lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom