• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Socreges

Banned
I see that Civ V is getting to everyone else as well. I AM NOT ALONE!
I played tons of Civ V when I first got it. No one warned me that I'd get dragged in so deep. Since I've been able to free myself from its clutches, I haven't dared go back.
LLShC.gif

Wunder

Too many outside people (non-GAF) are adding me and asking for cards. Then this guy comes along and throws me for a loop...

Z7OzWf1.png

I feel guilty now. I think.

Hahaha amazing. It's always kind of weird to add someone specifically for trading purposes, then never talk to them again. Wish there was an easier way to message someone in a one-off manner just to get a trade off or to give them a compliment after a DOTA2 game.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I played tons of Civ V when I first got it. No one warned me that I'd get dragged in so deep. Since I've been able to free myself from its clutches, I haven't dared go back.
LLShC.gif

So I shouldn't tell you that Brave New World improves the game dramatically?

Hahaha amazing. It's always kind of weird to add someone specifically for trading purposes, then never talk to them again. Wish there was an easier way to message someone in a one-off manner just to get a trade off or to give them a compliment after a DOTA2 game.

If Steam had a Diablo 3 style Auction House for card trading, I'd totally use that.

So I shouldn't tell you that Brave New World improves the game dramatically?

I've actually held off from playing until I buy the new DLC. :D Has worked out fantastically, because from the dozen or so hours I spent on it earlier this year, everything indicated I would not be able to pull myself away. Taken that Fireaxis! Once I have Brave New World though... all hope is lost.

So, I found out Everyday Genuis: Square Logic isn't available to buy individually anymore but you can still get it from the MumboJumbo Collection.

I'm thinking if in 2 hours there's no good flash deals I'm going to buy it now just to justify staying up this late.

Hellix

This is why I remove people right after a successful trade transaction.

Grief.exe

Kvikmyndahús;71498126 said:
Did I blink and miss Alpha Protocol dailies?

I'm surprised at the lack of Darkness 2 daily, community vote or Flash sale.

FUCK!

This sale hasn't been good for those random, less popular games like Alpha Protocol, Darkness, etc.

Kind of sad that those are left in the dust and we have the shallow games like Skyrim and Borderlands 2 taking center stage.

I'm not interested in those games in the least.

Hellix

This sale hasn't been good for those random, less popular games like Alpha Protocol, Darkness, etc.

Kind of sad that those are left in the dust and we have the shallow games like Skyrim and Borderlands 2 taking center stage.

Yeah, all the popular, obvious games are going on sale. For me, I already own them and played them all. But it is great for other people that don't own them by now.

Card Boy

Banned

Bethesda games all get the sales spotlight on all platforms for some reason. It's on sale like 30 times a year on XBL.

Grief.exe

Yeah, all the popular, obvious games are going on sale. For me, I already own them and played them all. But it is great for other people that don't own them by now.

There is a massive influx of new people this year to the Steam sale, so it does make sense in that respect.

Martian

Well maybe, but it is unfair to say that Skyrim and Borderlands are shallow.
They are one of the games with the most content and choices

Neki

I wonder if I should get all the dungeon defenders DLC, hmmm. I don't know if any of it is worth it, maybe I'll just get the base game + heroes.

Martian

There is an argument to be made for quality over quantity here. A strong one.

True, but its not like any of those games are bad or anything. They still are a couple of games that have a lot of quantity as well.

And in games like Skyrim quantity actually plays a big role as well

Grief.exe

Well maybe, but it is unfair to say that Skyrim and Borderlands are shallow.
They are one of the games with the most content and choices

I was mostly referring to the gameplay. Both games have a very shallow, dumbed down gameplay and elements, especially Skyrim.

I will concede that they both do have a massive amount of content, as that is their actual strengths. But, I have to ask, what choices are you referring to?

There are no meaningful dialogue choices in either game, not to the extent of say Witcher or Planescape.
If you are referring to RPG elements, both games are very light on the choices you make. Both just have you selecting a perk, with Borderlands 2 actually being much deeper.

And in games like Skyrim quantity actually plays a big role as well

I would rather have a tighter experience, with more significantly more depth and meaningful choices then running into a linear cave for 200 hours.

wilflare

are Batman Arkham City GOTY and Batman Arkham City Game of the Year Edition... different games to Steam? (lol)

I have the GOTY on my Library List... but both Enhanced Steam and Steam think I don't own the Arkham City Game of the Year Edition and the DLCs..

is this another one of Steam's quirks?

are Batman Arkham City GOTY and Batman Arkham City Game of the Year Edition... different games to Steam? (lol)

I have the GOTY on my Library List... but both Enhanced Steam and Steam think I don't own the Arkham City Game of the Year Edition and the DLCs..

Are you sure one doesn't say Arkham Asylum?

Deques

should be same game

Grief.exe

According to your profile, you actually own Batman:AA Goty, Batman:AC GOTY, and Batman: AC.

Those games, along with Bioshock 2, are about to be converted to Steamworks. There is also a distinct possibility they are going to remove GFWL and Securom

Check this thread for more info: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=619976

I would wait a week before installing them, the release seems to be imminent.

Eternia

I wonder if I should get all the dungeon defenders DLC, hmmm. I don't know if any of it is worth it, maybe I'll just get the base game + heroes.
Lost Eternia Shards Complete is a must if you're looking for access to the hardest content with the best gear. But I'm not sure about how much you'll save if you include that with all the heroes with that. Some of the more unique maps are in the holiday themed DLC though, keep that in mind.

Everytime I see Age of Empires 2 HD appear I keep wishing it had '75% off' next to it. Alas, looks like I'm out of luck this sale. (Hey, I already own the original, I begrudge paying that much again...)

Haven't actually bought that much this sale, instead I've finally started playing Civ 5 from a previous sale...... Soooooo Gooooooood!

Martian

Everytime I see Age of Empires 2 HD appear I keep wishing it had '75% off' next to it. Alas, looks like I'm out of luck this sale. (Hey, I already own the original, I begrudge paying that much again...)

Haven't actually bought that much this sale, instead I've finally started playing Civ 5 from a previous sale...... Soooooo Gooooooood!

Yes it is kind of ridiculous, that price for AoE2.
They ask a price for a game that is around 3 years old, not 14.
All they did is upgrade the graphics, make it compatible with newer pcs, add higher resolutions and add new music

Neki

Lost Eternia Shards Complete is a must if you're looking for access to the hardest content with the best gear. But I'm not sure about how much you'll save if you include that with all the heroes with that. Some of the more unique maps are in the holiday themed DLC though, keep that in mind.

bleh I should have just bought the whole collection then, it's for my friend to play with me. Maybe I'll just get the base game + lost eternia then.

According to your profile, you actually own Batman:AA Goty, Batman:AC GOTY, and Batman: AC.

Those games, along with Bioshock 2, are about to be converted to Steamworks. There is also a distinct possibility they are going to remove GFWL and Securom

Check this thread for more info: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=619976

I would wait a week before installing them, the release seems to be imminent.

Can't wait for that minerva's den!

Euro Truck Simulator 2 is surprisingly addictive. Much like Wario64 said on Twitter, it's engrossing enough that I ended up wanting to play it while collecting cards, rather than just idling it at the main menu. Ended up getting a fairly valuable Foil that's worth around $5 right now.

Now for Torchlight 2.

Everybody should buy Monaco when it goes in a deal!

I googled for the developer's twitter last night, and the link that google threw up went to a page that threw up an error. Tweeted the dev, told him there was a broken link and explained what it was and joked he could send me a copy of Monaco to say thanks.

Literally 15 minutes later, he DMd me a code. Awesome sauce. I'll definitely be buying a copy to gift to a friend, and I hope I can encourage sitting-on-fence-GAF to jump in too, as he seems like a thoroughly decent chap!

I googled for the developer's twitter last night, and the link that google threw up went to a page that threw up an error. Tweeted the dev, told him there was a broken link and explained what it was and joked he could send me a copy of Monaco to say thanks.

Literally 15 minutes later, he DMd me a code. Awesome sauce. I'll definitely be buying a copy to gift to a friend, and I hope I can encourage sitting-on-fence-GAF to jump in too, as he seems like a thoroughly decent chap!

I've added it to my wishlist. I'll be buying it for sure as soon as it's in a deal.

Card Boy

Banned

Doesn't interest me in the slightest sorry and i buy a lot of indie games.

Grief.exe

Have any of the Star Wars games(except KOTOR) gone on sale yet? I need Republic Commando and the Jedi series...

Not yet, I've been waiting for Republic Commando as well. Hopefully we see the franchise sale soon.

Dunder is selling the entire collection for $30.00. I think the Steam price is $58.00.

Probably not worth it until the end of the sale. Even then I would recommend waiting, the entire franchise was on sale not to long ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom