• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Well I would vote for Bully, but I already bought it for that price in the sale. Not really interested in the others. I mean, I'm not really spending money anyway so it doesn't matter, but I'll gift my vote to whoever wants it.

Acccent

There's 1,340 unique avatars (as far as I can tell) on this thread (probably more now, since a couple of pages have been added since I started making the mosaics). They were only 20% color shifted to fit the original image, so they're less altered and the previous mosaic images posted. I don't think all avatars were used, because the program matches whatever are the best color matches for the base image and repeats a few, even though I made the repeat frequency smaller. They're smaller than the original images, because I guess the program I used resized them so it fits the amount of "pieces" I asked on the resolution I told it to do?

Th-this is... so...

wait how do you ctrl-f an image

vVevqBU.png
4lYDBhN.png

Is there any way to vote for Dragon Age for me? Like a cheat code?

I've made a great mistake.

Half of the avatars were not used on the first rendition of that mosaic.

I'll re-make it and post it on that same message in a couple minutes, but I'll make a new one tomorrow, with another base image.

I'm such an idiot.

Maybe you should just put more effort in? :p

For the record the previous entry is 25% colour shifted, much the same as yours. There really is a lot of work in the tweaking of the output.

mclem

Surprised that Prototype 1 is not actually that much cheaper than 2.

Did Universe Sandbox recently gain cards? I don't think I've seen it in the card list before.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Threw in a vote for Bully. Dragon Age is still a damn good deal at that price considering all the shit packed into it, but Bully seems to be the one less people own right now.

Which means Wargame will probably win. Somehow.

antitrop

Surprised that Prototype 1 is not actually that much cheaper than 2.

Did Universe Sandbox recently gain cards? I don't think I've seen it in the card list before.
I have Prototype 1, but the PC port wouldn't even run for me. Fatal Error on startup so I uninstalled it. I played it on 360, it's not that good anyway.

Socreges

Banned
People: you are going to buy Company of Heroes
Maybe everyone owns it but me.

Well, I'm excited. It's the one game that I knew I'd buy during this sale (ended up buying several others). Took their sweet time.

So do I go CoH for $2.50 or should I get the two expansions as well at $7.50?

Martian

What I am going to do is wait for the Steam Sale to die down, after which everyone will want to complete their badges
When only I have cards left I will sell them for 15€ each, and everyone will buy them

also I will be rich

Maybe everyone owns it but me.

Well, I'm excited. It's the one game that I knew I'd buy during this sale (ended up buying several others). Took their sweet time.

So do I go CoH for $2.50 or should I get the two expansions as well at $7.50?

TBH, I didn't really care for the expansions. So if you ask me only get the base game, as skirmish mode will keep you busy.
I'm sure others will disagree though

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Looks like I am about to finish this Civ V game I have been playing for a week. What should I go for next?

Endless Space? I bought that during THIS SALE :eek:
Eador: Masters of the Broken World? Also this sale.
Finally beat New Vegas and all the DLC?
Something else? Help me, GAF.

I will probably play Civ again :(

What I am going to do is wait for the Steam Sale to die down, after which everyone will want to complete their badges
When only I have cards left I will sell them for 15€ each, and everyone will buy them

also I will be rich

Unless everybody is planning to do the same.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
me three.
don't try and Bully:Scholarship Edition us

for real tho vote for Bully
Was so pissed earlier in the week when I woke up to see Bully for $3.74 only to have the deal expire the moment I added it to my cart :p

Yeah, Bully is great. Reposting the frame-rate patch to stop it getting locked at 30 FPS just in case anyone needs it:

http://www.bully-board.com/index.php?topic=13762.0
Thankyou for this!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom