• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martian

Damage so far (and the only thing I want that's left is Oblivion)

Aquaria (gift)
Assassin's Creed (have it on PS3)
Assassin's Creed II: Deluxe Edition (have it on PS3 and PC but not on steam)
Bad Rats: the Rats Revenge (gift, I ain't even mad, its not so bad)
Organ Trail: Director's Cut
McPixel (gif)
Crusader Kings Complete (gift)
Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold (I spent 12 hours in it already)
Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition (lost my disc, so now I have it on steam)

I gifted
2x Terraria
2x Fallout New Vegas

AJ_Wings

Don't why I got the sudden urge to replay Oblivion, the combat in retrospect was kinda awful but I still put like 70 hours in the 360 version for some reason. I do remember enjoying the quests quite a lot unlike the ones in Skyrim.

Whelp, 7 hours to go.

ix27GHU.jpg
Half Life 3 confirmed

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I want more games I already own to get cards. When the deals are repeating and everything's getting a bit disappointing it's nice to have something happen that slightly affects me in a positive way, ha. Wonder if the majority of games being released from now on will get them, or if all that stuff will sort of collapse in on itself and fail.

derExperte

Payday? Really? I'll admit the boardgame version was great...but my time spent with it on PS3 was very negative.

Don't judge Payday by its PS3 version, I put a lot of time into it on PC and can't even begin to imagine how this would play with a controller. And they patched/enhanced it on PC a lot, very awesome devs and maybe the best game of last year imo.

Don't why I got the sudden urge to replay Oblivion, the combat in retrospect was kinda awful but I still put like 70 hours in the 360 version for some reason. I do remember enjoying the quests quite a lot unlike the ones in Skyrim.

Whelp, 7 hours to go.

Felt the DLC was much better to. I loved Skyrim but I probably put more time into Oblivion.

I want more games I already own to get cards. When the deals are repeating and everything's getting a bit disappointing it's nice to have something happen that slightly affects me in a positive way, ha. Wonder if the majority of games being released from now on will get them, or if all that stuff will sort of collapse in on itself and fail.

Yea, it's fun.. but the day after I uninstalled Dead Island to make some space.. it gets cards.. (I had though only riptide would..)

Onionkid

Damage so far (and the only thing I want that's left is Oblivion)

Aquaria (gift)
Assassin's Creed (have it on PS3)
Assassin's Creed II: Deluxe Edition (have it on PS3 and PC but not on steam)
Bad Rats: the Rats Revenge (gift, I ain't even mad, its not so bad)
Organ Trail: Director's Cut
McPixel (gif)
Crusader Kings Complete (gift)
Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold (I spent 12 hours in it already)
Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition (lost my disc, so now I have it on steam)

I gifted
2x Terraria
2x Fallout New Vegas

alqvE4J.gif

Everyone else can claim Stockholm Syndrome, but it really isn't the worst thing ever. I mean, it's better than Pulse Racer...

mclem

I like how the football manager having a football on his shirt is somehow unusual.

Well, it's more that the consistency of 'symbol in circle appears on each postcard' is somewhat unusual, rather than specific ones. But it's probably just a thematic tie to go with the general Steam backdrop which also displays those symbols.

Addnan

Got Runner 2 gifted to me yesterday. Game is pretty great. It does go from being fun to I want break my fucking controller. I love it.

Wolfie5

Pretty happy with the sales I got so far:

DMC4
Dishonored
Fallout NV Ultimate
Resident Evil 5
Just Cause 2
Hitman Absolution
The Walking Dead
FTL

Total spent: ~43€

Haven't bought anymore in the last three days. Unless something I really want shows up, i will probably buy Rochard on the last day and be happy with that.

Chavelo

Okay, got 12 bucks left. It will either go to a bundle deal of SFxT or Rogue Legacy. Three days left for one of them to pop up. :eek:

Also, is FTL good? Will it go for sale again?

Onionkid

Pretty happy with the sales I got so far:

DMC4
Dishonored
Fallout NV Ultimate
Resident Evil 5
Just Cause 2
Hitman Absolution
The Walking Dead
FTL

Total spent: ~43€

Haven't bought anymore in the last three days. Unless something I really want shows up, i will probably buy Rochard on the last day and be happy with that.

Yep, everything there is great. In case you have any problems with RE5 in DX10 mode, switch to DX9...my friend and I have had some weird crashes/hiccups otherwise. And this goes for you or anyone else in this thread - hit me up for some RE5 co-op! Love that game to pieces!

Okay, got 12 bucks left. It will either go to a bundle deal of SFxT or Rogue Legacy. Three days left for one of them to pop up. :eek:

Also, is FTL good? Will it go for sale again?

Yes, and most likely.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Got Runner 2 gifted to me yesterday. Game is pretty great. It does go from being fun to I want break my fucking controller. I love it.
Did you play the first one? Because if Runner 2 is giving you such a hard time, I wouldn't want to imagine your reaction to some of the hardest levels of the previous one :p

Addnan

Did you play the first one? Because if Runner 2 is giving you such a hard time, I wouldn't want to imagine your reaction to some of the hardest levels of the previous one :p

It's not really giving a hard time, just having to repeat levels makes me angry lol.

Oh and how the hell do you have such high scores in everything. Think you are top of my friends list for every level I've played so far.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I haven't bought BNW still, decided to wait till winter. And 12 players huge map 50 city states lets go, lol, that's not very good idea, but epic, yes.

I know it would be crazy. Crazy FUN. It would also run crazy SLOW, and crash crazy OFTEN.

Heads up - GameMaker Studio is going to get a deal at some point during the sale

Quote from Gamemaker forums:

I emailed them prior to the sale, asking if it would be on sale. They "strongly advised" me to keep and eye out during the sale. Of course that isn't a guarantee.

Acosta

Guys, could someone tell me what is the last day update of the sales? (I always get a bit confused because in my region updates come in at 7 pm, so I'm not sure if the sales finish from 21 to 22 or from 22 to 23). Thank you (and sorry if it has been answered already).

Sorry to bring this over again, I thought that maybe now we are in a more euro friendly hour someone could help me. Thanks again.

On my badges pages, it says "Cards earned through purchases: 1" and "You have spent approximately $15.60 USD in the store since the sale began."

THIS IS WRONG!

Here's what I bought:

Surgeon Simulator - £2.37
Max Payne 3 - £6.24
System Shock 2 - £1.74
Torchlight II - £3.74
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - £6.24

TOTAL = £20.33 (about $30)

Does Steam not count games bought as gifts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom